Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

The logo isnt backwards, when hoppah took the screen shot the computer image reflected off a mirror and accidentally got mirrored so it's an illusion that it's incorrect, honest... :1046276313_Up_to_something:

I accidentally mirrored the nose for whatever reason, and unfortuantely I did not give him the repaired version, so blame it on me.

As promised, the next update:

I made a new sniper rifle command for the FBI agents. :)

The sniper rifle is a H&K PSG-1. Picture:

hkpsg1co2.th.jpg

The rifle works different than the sniper commands for the SWAT agents. First of all, the FBI agent lies down while he shoots.

While the agent is lying down with his rifle a complex angle culculation is used so he can't shoot people who are behind him.

Second, the rifle shoots further and is stronger. To make it more fun, I've added a 'random code' so the sniper can either injure or kill the person or even miss the target when it's far away. :1046276313_Up_to_something:

Next thing. I've finished the '07 Tahoe for the FBI. According to MikeyPI these kind of SUVs don't have much lights, so it has flashing grille lights only. The car has 5 doors (3 of them will be used) and can transport up to 4 agents and 3 detainees. To make it more special, the PSG-1 sniper rifle can only be taken from this vehicle. I can't remember if I have told this before, but there are two FBI agents. One with a tactical vest and one without. The one with tac vest is able to use the sniper rifle or a MP5.

And finally, an ingame screenshot showing the new sniper rifle commands and '07 Tahoe:

screen06sc5.th.jpg

Credits go to MikeyPI for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe model.

Hoppah

very nice Hoppah

The logo isnt backwards, when hoppah took the screen shot the computer image reflected off a mirror and accidentally got mirrored so it's an illusion that it's incorrect, honest... :1046276313_Up_to_something:

I accidentally mirrored the nose for whatever reason, and unfortuantely I did not give him the repaired version, so blame it on me.

Hahaha, not a problem - its doubtful you'd ever notice it in the game and it looks great anyway, nice work.

:danke:

Thankye, Ideally the truck would have had more lights, particularly to the rear there would've been something more back there but given the truck is a hatchback and in this game the windows are solid it kind of made it tough to really want a light on the backside, so Hoppah did not want one there and I agreed that it probrably would not affect the vehicle too bad... Unfortunate as it is, the liftgate model that seems to only be available for 2007 on is not very friendly to aux lights in this game. Hopefully Hoppah took my advice and made the backside have something going on in the taillights and/or reverse lights just to give it something back there.

:cheers-mate:

Love the toy in black though :1046276313_Up_to_something:

Guest jacob1029

Hoppah->one word

Oh stuff it I cant describe how amazing that sniper and suv is

Its brillaint,its amazing,its so much more than a mod,its a brand new game,I bet the sniper took a few hours of scripting though lol

Guest xpac

Really great additions to the game, I can't wait to get my hands on the new LA Mod.

Just great :)

And finally, an ingame screenshot showing the new sniper rifle commands and '07 Tahoe:

screen06sc5.th.jpg

"Miss Smith, I'm sorry to inform you that your man was shot in duty. He was abused as a sniper target by a cruel modder who wanted to demonstrate our new, great sniper rifle. Please excuse me now, I'm off to the shooting range" :)

Really great additions to the game, I can't wait to get my hands on the new LA Mod.

Just great :)

"Miss Smith, I'm sorry to inform you that your man was shot in duty. He was abused as a sniper target by a cruel modder who wanted to demonstrate our new, great sniper rifle. Please excuse me now, I'm off to the shooting range" :)

"PS. Photo included."

As promised, the next update:

I made a new sniper rifle command for the FBI agents. :)

The sniper rifle is a H&K PSG-1. Picture:

hkpsg1co2.th.jpg

The rifle works different than the sniper commands for the SWAT agents. First of all, the FBI agent lies down while he shoots.

While the agent is lying down with his rifle a complex angle culculation is used so he can't shoot people who are behind him.

Second, the rifle shoots further and is stronger. To make it more fun, I've added a 'random code' so the sniper can either injure or kill the person or even miss the target when it's far away. :1046276313_Up_to_something:

Next thing. I've finished the '07 Tahoe for the FBI. According to MikeyPI these kind of SUVs don't have much lights, so it has flashing grille lights only. The car has 5 doors (3 of them will be used) and can transport up to 4 agents and 3 detainees. To make it more special, the PSG-1 sniper rifle can only be taken from this vehicle. I can't remember if I have told this before, but there are two FBI agents. One with a tactical vest and one without. The one with tac vest is able to use the sniper rifle or a MP5.

screen06sc5.th.jpg

Credits go to MikeyPI for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe model.

Hoppah

Hoppah, theres actually usually a good amount of lights on the tahoes. If it is a slicktop like that, then they usually have some led's in the window (like the side windows), an alternating strobe/led in the dash, and lights in the back window. They have to because police vehicles need a 360 degree visibility amount. Just putting that out there. Otherwards everything looks sweet! great job :)

I am getting tired of this so I will state my peace on this one last time then I am done... I suggested he put in grille lights, either a visor light or a dash mounted light and some sort of lighting system on the rear hatch area, he wanted a discreet vehicle and did not wish to put lights in the back end or on the top inside, so he omitted them. Yes, some will have lights in the rear side windows, but not all of them by any stretch of the word. The FBI vehicles vary horribly from reigion to reigion, there is not a standard requirement like other agencies for them which makes it hard to match a car to a place... Some of the FBI vehicles and other Federal vehicles have only Forward warning and Rear warning, I have seen some with just grille lights and flashing taillights/ reverse lights, then I have seen others with the system you describe. Since I did not care to ask who owned it or operated the suv, I cannot say who actually owned the one with more lights on it. Unfortunately, I doubt anyone can tell him what the FBI in LA has in it's lighting systems so I told him a general description from my area which there are plenty of federal agencies around and most of them are not loaded with lights like normal police unmarked vehicles...

But to put a nail in this one, Hoppah did not want a ton of lights on it, so he choose to go with the grille lights and I would hope something with the taillights and/or reverse lights since he did not wish to have a light in the rear window somewhere, probrably because of the fact the hatch opens upward. I would have liked to have seen some light on the visor, wig-wag headlights along with the grille lights on the front, and some sort of aux light in the rear window but it is his mod and he did not want all those lights.

Hoppah, theres actually usually a good amount of lights on the tahoes. If it is a slicktop like that, then they usually have some led's in the window (like the side windows), an alternating strobe/led in the dash, and lights in the back window. They have to because police vehicles need a 360 degree visibility amount. Just putting that out there. Otherwards everything looks sweet! great job :)

I agree with Mikey. In Canada the only cars that will have 360 lights are either marked, or ones that are used on highways and/or are to be noticed when lit up. In America a good example would be secret service, their whole point is to be known so no one thinks, well theres no one around lets kill the president. The FBI doesn't need to worry about that, they just have lights to get from point A to B faster,a nd to be known that they are there

I agree with Mikey. In Canada the only cars that will have 360 lights are either marked, or ones that are used on highways and/or are to be noticed when lit up. In America a good example would be secret service, their whole point is to be known so no one thinks, well theres no one around lets kill the president. The FBI doesn't need to worry about that, they just have lights to get from point A to B faster,a nd to be known that they are there

Correct, every Province's Highway Division or RCMP has 360's exterior/interior setup.

from my understanding by state laws... vehicles MUST have 360 degree coverage to 1. in the event of an emergency the vehicle shall be seen. 2. pedestrians and civilian vehicles distinguish the means and nature of vehicle.

these are not only unmarked.... with a light bar on top that provides 360 coverage.... so yea.

from my understanding by state laws... vehicles MUST have 360 degree coverage to 1. in the event of an emergency the vehicle shall be seen. 2. pedestrians and civilian vehicles distinguish the means and nature of vehicle.

these are not only unmarked.... with a light bar on top that provides 360 coverage.... so yea.

Not to get into a pissing match, but, can you cite or quote the California state law that you are referring to?

The pertinent sections of law regarding California emergency vehicles can be found in the California Code of Regulations (CCR) Title 13 Division 2 and in the California Vehicle Code section 25252 which states:

Every authorized emergency vehicle shall be equipped with at

least one steady burning red warning lamp visible from at least

1,000 feet to the front of the vehicle to be used as provided in this

code.

In addition, authorized emergency vehicles may display revolving,

flashing, or steady red warning lights to the front, sides or rear of

the vehicles.

Any other light used in this state falls under the following sections and include the words MAY instead of shall. In other words, they're allowable but not necessary, only the steady burn red light is mandatory.

As for the paint scheme and traffic stops, that too is covered under the California Vehicle Code section 40800

40800. (a) A traffic officer on duty for the exclusive or main

purpose of enforcing the provisions of Division 10 (commencing with

Section 20000) or 11 (commencing with Section 21000) shall wear a

full distinctive uniform, and if the officer while on duty uses a

motor vehicle, it must be painted a distinctive color specified by

the commissioner.

In the case of Dyer v. Department of Motor Vehicles, C054971, Dyer tried to contest that his arrest for DUI was unlawful due to the fact that he was pulled over by an unmarked police vehicle. That argument was rejected due to the fact that the law is very specific in stating that only vehicles whose primary purpose is traffic enforcement need to follow that section and that unmarked cars are fully capable of making traffic stops and arrests so long as that is not their primary purpose.

Of course, other states may differ, but this is the LA mod, and these are the relevant California regulations, statues and court precedents.

correct... but in most case's would you not agree that most if not all emergency vehicles are to have 360 coverage due to light bars, side lights, traffic directors... etc etc. so yea..

Actually no, I wouldn't agree with that. While it is nice to have, and I would prefer that on any vehicle I responded with, well, let's just take the LAPD for example. They currently have in fleet 1,374 black and whites and 2269 plain, undercover, and hybrids in their emergency vehicle fleet according to the 2007-2008 LA Blue Book Detail of Department Programs supplement. Of those 1374, I honestly do not know how many of them are slick tops which belong to special detail, swat/metropolitan division, or the traffic divisions, but it'd probably be safe to say a fair chunk. Just going by that departments numbers, I think the numbers speak to themselves, fully marked and fully lit vehicles are not in the majority in this state. Most patrol cars are, all traffic enforcement vehicles are, but if you are going to state Emergency Vehicles, which is a clearly defined term in this state, then no, the numbers and legal statutes do not back up that claim.

last time I check federal laws and rules over ride those of a state. IE the Federal government and it agency do not have to follow state laws.

mikephoto - i was not only refering to police vehicles... i ment all emergency vehicles ie EMS FIRE AND POLICE.

the paranoid- in accordance to federal and state laws... the federal gov. must abide the state laws that are in place.. there for the state has more control of what goes on in that state.. the fed. gov law states that if an incident arises then the fed. gov will over power state law. called martial law issued by the president of the US. only which the fed gov may take over the state gov. laws.

mikephoto - i was not only refering to police vehicles... i ment all emergency vehicles ie EMS FIRE AND POLICE.

the paranoid- in accordance to federal and state laws... the federal gov. must abide the state laws that are in place.. there for the state has more control of what goes on in that state.. the fed. gov law states that if an incident arises then the fed. gov will over power state law. called martial law issued by the president of the US. only which the fed gov may take over the state gov. laws.

That means that if an fbi car wants to go to another state, they must redo the car to match the other state's laws. this seems highly unlikely. Also, martial law is when the federal gov't takes complete control of a state and essentialy acts as the state gov't, and the military is called in to assist the local emergency services, especially the police.

Guest JeffreyCor

As a federal agency they are mandated by the FCR and USC not state law as they also have no jurisdictional athority to enforce state law. But this is not, or I would think should not be, the actual topic of this subdiscussion. The actual discussion on the lights rather that this sidetrack, realisticly LA FBI Regional Field Office vehicles do (unless changed and I haven't seen them) have lights in the front window as well as the grille. But more importantly than that, this is Hoppah's mod and he can do it what ever way he wants! :)

wow kids, lets not get our heart rates up. I would assume that (and I have not actually seen a real unmarked FBI car, though I have seen other federal agencies) most of these cars are sparsely lit. You have to remember, these aren't patrol vehicles and rarely respond code 3, so there is no need for an impressive light setup. In Boston, the detective cars (until around last year, and many are still like this) only had a blue light above the rear view mirror, they didn't even have wig wags or flashing tail lights.

Any other light used in this state falls under the following sections and include the words MAY instead of shall. In other words, they're allowable but not necessary, only the steady burn red light is mandatory.

Thanks Mike. You've already answered a question before I even asked. My question was if all emergency vehicles have steady burns. :D

The order of the law is from lowest to highest in the us

Local, County, State, Federal.

A example of this is New York Recently passed a law for airline passenger rights. The Federal court over ruled that law stating the New York has not auhtority to make law on such a matter that airline travel falls under Federal jurisdiction.

As for FBI begin local? Not the cause the Agent in charge may be but for a big case they bring agents in from all over the place. How do I know this. Well at one point in time I was considering becoming a Special Agent of the FBI. So I did research.