Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Question:

Sorry, I'm sure there is a post about this but I didn't find it. On your site, there is a few pics in there that looked like there was a new freeplay map. I was wondering if there was another in there, because when I started the mod, there was the normal freeplay map instead of the one in the pics. So, in short, is there a new freeplay map or is that just another mission or something?

You are probably referring to the freeplay map in EM4 Deluxe - it has an expanded map with more events and event types.

Hi everyone,

After a long break without any updates I'm finally here to present some of the new toys in v1.6.

Maybe some of you remember I've talked about a secret thing. I didn't know if I could manage to make it work, so I didn't want to reveal where I was working on. It just took a while to make it work. And it works!

I made three new things for v1.6.

The first things is a fully working and animated FBI Mobile Command Vehicle.

Note that this the Los Angeles version and not the (better known) Washington version. About 6 or 7 parts of the truck have animations which will be played when you deploy the truck.

I've made two FBI agents too. One with the blue jacket and one with some kind of tactical vest. I've also planned to add a black FBI SUV.

Thanks to MikeyPI for the model and animations. Ingame screenshot:

screen03_th.jpg

MikeyPI has made me a new model to replace the tow truck in the mod.

This model has animations as shown on the screenshot. Due to game limitations the animations aren't perfect.

I couldn't make the load animated, so just the rollback part is animated. Ingame screenshot:

screen04_th.jpg

I kept the best thing as last. Rappel commands everyone was dreaming off!

I didn't want to use the engineer commands, because that looks far from realistic.

I made my own version by making new animations. The ropes which fall down and the rappeling soldiers are fully animated. You can choose to drop 1 or 2 soldiers from the helo.

Ingame screenshot:

screen05_th.jpg

I've made a video showing the rappel commands ingame too:

I have planned some other things I want to make later:

- A black FBI SUV. MikeyPI has allowed me to use his '07 Tahoe.

- The FBI Command Vehicle will heal persons who are inside the vehicle.

- The FBI Command Vehicle will be able to buy FBI agents.

- A new sniper rifle command for the FBI agents. It will look like this.

I hope everyone like the new additions.

Hoppah

Guest lala

I love it Hoppah....

Great job!

I am just curious, can't there be added some new features to keep the game a bit more "alive" ? Please don't see this as anything bad it's just a question and it gets boring after a while same thing all the time.. I am not asking for new events but something else maybe?

EDIT: Is it possible to add other army things for like Martial law etc?

I love it Hoppah....

Great job!

I am just curious, can't there be added some new features to keep the game a bit more "alive" ? Please don't see this as anything bad it's just a question and it gets boring after a while same thing all the time.. I am not asking for new events but something else maybe?

EDIT: Is it possible to add other army things for like Martial law etc?

I just add new things and you want more and more? lol

I know what you mean and I suggest you read the suggestions topic. There are some ideas I might add to the mod. I can't promiss things right now.

Guest lala
I just add new things and you want more and more? lol

I know what you mean and I suggest you read the suggestions topic. There are some ideas I might add to the mod. I can't promiss things right now.

No dude I am sorry I dont mean more and more.. this is just great! Just a head I had in my mind.. alright.. thanks, good job.. cool good going lol :D

Hi everyone,

After a long break without any updates I'm finally here to present some of the new toys in v1.6.

Maybe some of you remember I've talked about a secret thing. I didn't know if I could manage to make it work, so I didn't want to reveal where I was working on. It just took a while to make it work. And it works!

Glad you found time to still play around even with the workload you've been under recently!

I made three new things for v1.6.

The first things is a fully working and animated FBI Mobile Command Vehicle.

Looking great. I could see this coming in handy in the barn fire mission! Are you planning on modeling any FBI HRT (one of their versions of SWAT) officers? I have some detailed shots of the outfit on my site, though its pretty standard as to what the LAPD uses as well, just with FBI on it.

MikeyPI has made me a new model to replace the tow truck in the mod.

Looking good with the new animations. Hopefully we'll get an OPG paint scheme on it soon too!

I kept the best thing as last. Rappel commands everyone was dreaming off!

Great! I am curious though, is there any way they can come out carrying any equipment? For example, the National guardsmen can use chainsaws and extinguishers for forest fire missions. Would it be possible for them to rappel out with the gear, or perhaps have the helicopter be able to release a gear bag for them to be able to grab equipment from? Another possiblity might be to do it somehow similar to the sharpshooter who carries a rifle as part of his model. Could the game be able to have a national guardsman with a backpack pump or chainsaw in that regard? I'm pretty big on the idea of Helitack and not having to find a landing spot will make it even better!

I can't tell from that angle, but I'm curious what rifle you are modeling? I know as recently as 2005 the FBI sniper's were utilizing bolt action rifles, with the FN SPR being the most common.

Hoppah

It's looking great, including the arjent on the patrol car. The new toys will definetly be fun to play with in the missions and free play.

Mike

Looking great. I could see this coming in handy in the barn fire mission! Are you planning on modeling any FBI HRT (one of their versions of SWAT) officers? I have some detailed shots of the outfit on my site, though its pretty standard as to what the LAPD uses as well, just with FBI on it.

I haven't planned to do HRT. They would have the same functions as LAPD SWAT and I don't think they would be useful. Like you said they even look like the LAPD SWAT units besides some small details.

Looking good with the new animations. Hopefully we'll get an OPG paint scheme on it soon too!

Can you explain to me what an OPG paint scheme is?

Great! I am curious though, is there any way they can come out carrying any equipment? For example, the National guardsmen can use chainsaws and extinguishers for forest fire missions. Would it be possible for them to rappel out with the gear, or perhaps have the helicopter be able to release a gear bag for them to be able to grab equipment from? Another possiblity might be to do it somehow similar to the sharpshooter who carries a rifle as part of his model. Could the game be able to have a national guardsman with a backpack pump or chainsaw in that regard? I'm pretty big on the idea of Helitack and not having to find a landing spot will make it even better!

Your equipment idea for the rappeling soldiers is good. I don't know how to make that yet, because I don't want to copy the commands for each piece of equipment (Rappel 1 soldier with rifle, Rappel 2 soldiers with rifle, Rappel 1 soldier with chainsaw, Rappel 2 soldiers with chainsaw, etc...)

I can't tell from that angle, but I'm curious what rifle you are modeling? I know as recently as 2005 the FBI sniper's were utilizing bolt action rifles, with the FN SPR being the most common.

Thanks for the info. The weapon used in the picture is the scoped M4A1 used by the SWAT sharpshooters in the mod. The picture is an example, because I wanted to show the different pose of the unit. But most people won't really reconize the weapon ingame because it will be so small. I am going to model a new one, but the type of weapon is not really important.

It's looking great, including the arjent on the patrol car. The new toys will definetly be fun to play with in the missions and free play.

Hoppah

Hi everyone,

Hoppah

Fantastic work Hoppah!

Once again you surprise and delight us with the your amazing efforts. Well done, and thank you.

Kindest Regards

Shane :1046275747_biggthumpup:

okay very nice! keep up the goodie work:D it just keep getting better and better!

but personally i think they rappeled down too fast, its been a while since last time i saw the Black hawk down movie, but i belive they slided down slower.

(btw, you should put some Anti aliasing to smooth out the models ingame :P )

Can you explain to me what an OPG paint scheme is?

OPG stands for the Official Police Garage of Los Angeles. Due to the size of LA and the amount of money a private tow company can make dealing with the city of Los Angeles, they decided to certify certain garages as Official Police Garages for different areas. This was to stop companies and tow truck drivers from stealing each others calls and the fights that occurred elsewhere and has worked out well for all parties involved. You can read more about their history here and if you go to my website just put OPG in the search window and it'll show you some examples including close ups of the logo.

Your equipment idea for the rappeling soldiers is good. I don't know how to make that yet, because I don't want to copy the commands for each piece of equipment (Rappel 1 soldier with rifle, Rappel 2 soldiers with rifle, Rappel 1 soldier with chainsaw, Rappel 2 soldiers with chainsaw, etc...)

Glad you like the idea.

I was thinking that for each unit it would be a time consuming nightmare and why maybe having a gear drop option after they rappel might work. Like with the trailer, they'd just be able to grab what they need from it.

Thanks for the info. The weapon used in the picture is the scoped M4A1 used by the SWAT sharpshooters in the mod. The picture is an example, because I wanted to show the different pose of the unit. But most people won't really reconize the weapon ingame because it will be so small. I am going to model a new one, but the type of weapon is not really important.

Hoppah

I gotta admit, the new pose is awesome. All of these new animations are really opening up a new door to this game. Even the rappel looks great, though the hands are a bit off, I can't wait to helitack a crew into the fire and pick up those stubborn hot spots.

Mike

I have to give my credits as well, thanks to MikesPhotos for giving me extremely good pictures of the LA MCV so that I could accurately model the vehicle to the one in Los Angeles instead of Washington, D.C.

Also, be forwarned, the FBI LA MCV tends to get into fights around corners if two big vehicles meet, the thing is a cool toy but it is huge :1046275873_shakehead:

All those things looks just amazing.

Im really looking forward to the release of this mod, not to bother but do you know when it's gonna be released? :)

All the units looks great! Keep up the good work :D

All those things looks just amazing.

Im really looking forward to the release of this mod, not to bother but do you know when it's gonna be released? :)

All the units looks great! Keep up the good work :D

It should be fairly obvious by hoppah's statement below the update:

Hoppah

I'd say you're in for a bit of a wait, the tahoe is white, it has to be turned into an FBI Truck, right now it is an unmarked unit, yes, but there is crap all over it that has to go in order to make it the FBI's, so that'll take a margin of time to change over.

Then you have two totally unique scripts that have to be made and checked, that'll be some time in of it's self to make them work let alone perfectly. And the sniper command which is an evolved version of the original, so again more time... Patience is a virtue, learn to embrace it.

Guest FirstResponse

Really awsome stuff. I was hoping the FBI would make it in one day. This is gona make the mod greater then ever!