bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

On 9/22/2023 at 7:42 AM, Johhnnyy said:

Itchboy, I was just wondering. What model is the MPFD chief's vehicle (from pre 2.5 versions of the mod) based out of? I am intrigued by that model of vehicle, and I'd like to know what it is. For curiosity's sake.

Late 2000s Ford Expedition I believe. It wasn't me who made that choice.

10 hours ago, octi1432 said:

Small issue with DVFD Ladder truck, it lacks the flood light option, the flood lights only activate when you press the "directional lights" button but that disables the Master Lights which looks bad on scenes plus the truck literally has no directional lights anyway so I think this was just a mistake, please change it. 

That's definitely a bug I'll have to fix.

2 hours ago, miles451 said:

Another new vehicle showing up. Might be a bit too modern for the feel of the mod but DVFD has their own command pickup now.

Thank you as always for finding this stuff out. You saw the Mack model I recently did and I think you can already figure out what I actually wanted it for.

On 9/21/2023 at 5:01 AM, octi1432 said:

Is there a way to move the flood light on the rescue truck? 

Sadly no.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, itchboy said:

Thank you as always for finding this stuff out. You saw the Mack model I recently did and I think you can already figure out what I actually wanted it for.

It was one of the first things that came to mind when I saw it. It'll be interesting seeing that rig amongst the other FD units. especially in tandem with the DVFD ladder truck.

13 hours ago, itchboy said:

Late 2000s Ford Expedition I believe. It wasn't me who made that choice.

That's definitely a bug I'll have to fix.

Sadly no.

Thank you so much!

15 hours ago, octi1432 said:

Invisible MVA at Motel     Also if you're still here please look into the DNRC Brush Truck bug I posted at bit ago, the pump doesn't work 

I thought I already fixed these. Maybe I uploaded the wrong files into the .rar again.

I'll look into it when I can

8 hours ago, Nie_Wiem15 said:

I'm just wondering, who thought turning stop signs into pseudo traffic lights was a good idea? I figured out, that this is why the area gets clogged up with traffic. Redirecting just adds more fuel to the fire, because you can redirect cars only once.

I'm going to rewrite the script in the future. I'll have to study new methods in how to make it work.

For the time being I recommend using the delete traffic button.

Prior to 2.5, there was a stop sign script that was in the mod that apparently did not work. I thought it would be a good value proposition to get it working, turns out I probably should have left it out.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, VIPCrafter said:

Why are there no volunteers at night? The Fire Department cant go out at night. In Germany most of the Volunteer Fire Departments can go out 24/7.

That's what I was going to say! Why are the MPFD people only available in the day? (Except for the chief and dispatcher)

4 hours ago, Johhnnyy said:

That's what I was going to say! Why are the MPFD people only available in the day? (Except for the chief and dispatcher)

And typically most volunteer fire departments get more people to respond at night (since most people are at work during the day and unavailable).

• Like 4

On 10/1/2023 at 3:42 AM, itchboy said:

I'm going to rewrite the script in the future. I'll have to study new methods in how to make it work.

Prior to 2.5, there was a stop sign script that was in the mod that apparently did not work. I thought it would be a good value proposition to get it working, turns out I probably should have left it out.

Alright, good to know.

On 10/7/2023 at 7:17 PM, itchboy said:

https://www.emergency-planet.com/files/file/1349-montana-modification/

This link should work, if it doesnt, I will reupload a second copy and modify all links across the entire site.

All due respect it's 2023. Can we skip the mod-db link to text to mega and just post a mega or cloud host url and be done? Is this any worse than a certain dev asking people to download mods through a profit driven url shortener as I tried 10 years ago before you were even on this site(officially) much less the most impressive developer since the legendary Hoopah who broke grounds with the LA Mod and in 2023, all respect you pushed the game engine to extents even further than he might have dreamed without officially speaking for him. 

• Downvote 1

On 10/1/2023 at 3:42 AM, itchboy said:

Idk how helpful it would be, but this might be a little hint.

https://youtu.be/nY9B3Pk7qFg?si=V56MGCONgFSEWEJD

On 11/11/2023 at 8:43 AM, paleocacher said:

Hey Itchboy, can we have a guide to the Script menu, which difficulties and presets trigger which calls?

I won't give the specifics but the general rules are like this:

Callout type can be 1-4 for each type (fire, EMS, PD) and then difficulty is a range of 1-3  I believe.

Sub event is each specific type of the call within each difficulty bracket. I didn't memorize how many events were available for each bracket so you'll have to test it out.

I believe someone did a partial guide on how to make it work, somewhere in this thread.

Hope this helps you.