bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

On 5/26/2023 at 8:15 PM, itchboy said:

I've been looking too and so far didn't find much.

I did see some youtube videos that showed their POV's as having only front/rear lighting and very basic setups. I also found another response video where no siren was audible however it is not conclusive proof of sirens not being allowed.

If I were to interpret the law literally, POV's are only allowed red lights. The statute lists nothing on siren amps and it could be interpreted as "beyond the scope of the law" or it's a legal loophole.

Maybe somoene from the state can confirm.

Ironically enough, the chief gets to have a siren and a red rotating roof light on his POV. Just something I wanted to point out. Does Montana State Law even allow chiefs to use sirens in addition to red lights in POVs?  Ik NY State does, but there's nothing helpful for Montana.

On 2/4/2021 at 9:05 PM, itchboy said:

Absolutely. Red in front and rear is the minimum requirement and since there was no mention of sirens, I'll assume it means there's no siren privileges. I'll also assume that because of the red being mentioned, other lights like amber and white may flash as well but not blue because that's LEO.

Actually, it's either at the front or top of the privately owned vehicle. Nothing about the sides or back, though you could get away with it if you're brave enough to use loopholes

On 6/1/2023 at 3:18 AM, miles451 said:

I have two photos from a local news site in the area that may be the truck in question. 

(Update) Upon further inspection the second picture is not the same as the first. Although the first picture I'm fairly certain is the mack. I'll keep the second pic up incase it may help with another rig.

(Update #2) I found a video from the fire in the first picture and it has a really good view of the back of the mack, and has a rear shot of the even older mack rig.

Great finds, I'm definitely looking into these because we now know that the older Mack is also still in service. You did it again Miles. Keep it up.

17 hours ago, Leo622 said:

Anyone else having a traffic issue? Cars can't get through traffic lights. The traffic lights change from Green Yellow Red over and over. Causing use huge traffic jams. 

Help would be great. 

Thanks

You've encountered a common problem with many mods.

I have already adjusted the traffic lights but if they still cause problems, I might have to tune them even more.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, itchboy said:

Great finds, I'm definitely looking into these because we now know that the older Mack is also still in service. You did it again Miles. Keep it up.

You've encountered a common problem with many mods.

I have already adjusted the traffic lights but if they still cause problems, I might have to tune them even more.

I appreciate your response. Looking forward to some tweeks.

On 6/3/2023 at 8:41 AM, itchboy said:

Great finds, I'm definitely looking into these because we now know that the older Mack is also still in service. You did it again Miles. Keep it up

I've found a photo of of Lima's other engine. Looks like an Ex. USAF rig judging by the overall appearance and similarities to other USAF rigs I've come across looking for other information on the rig.img_1_1686355229445.thumb.jpg.b7d033c45e5fec2a142976cb71d19f7e.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, miles451 said:

I've found a photo of of Lima's other engine. Looks like an Ex. USAF rig judging by the overall appearance and similarities to other USAF rigs I've come across looking for other information on the rig.img_1_1686355229445.thumb.jpg.b7d033c45e5fec2a142976cb71d19f7e.jpg

Looks like a 1996 KME Excel. I've seen a few others as USAF units aswell. 

• Upvote 1

I may have a lead on the brush truck for Dillon, on the same news site I found the information on the Macks I found two photos and I also have a video of the truck in one of the parades.

b1a712_8a97e6222e214073a3000b6b53d60006_mv2.thumb.webp.0a411a0ebf2d9d472b9b0238f5f54ab6.webp

(1st pic: you can see the rear at an angle.)

b1a712_1c4a765bcf2749ac9aa620f01c332a68_mv2.thumb.webp.a258f2d917d0b4c00bae363e64b277b0.webp

(2nd pic: this one isn't as clear but looking at the layout in the 1st pic it appears to be the same truck. I'd also note the two tankers present.)

the truck shows up at 23:20 (I'd recommend using higher picture quality as lettering shows up better)

I also have a question about the credits list. I noticed that the HEMTT tender is on the list, although I remember a while back that the HEMTT wasn't going to be included. I was wondering if there was another rig replacing it or if it was being included after all. 

On 5/26/2023 at 10:15 PM, itchboy said:

I've been looking too and so far didn't find much.

I did see some youtube videos that showed their POV's as having only front/rear lighting and very basic setups. I also found another response video where no siren was audible however it is not conclusive proof of sirens not being allowed.

If I were to interpret the law literally, POV's are only allowed red lights. The statute lists nothing on siren amps and it could be interpreted as "beyond the scope of the law" or it's a legal loophole.

Maybe somoene from the state can confirm.

Back from another long hiatus from the forums to give my interpretation of Montana statutes, cause I'm weird. 

Montana vehicle code 61-9-227 seems to imply that not having a siren is what differentiates a volunteer firefighter's POV from an authorized emergency vehicle. (61-9-227. Blinker-type or revolving red light on certain private vehicles -- use -- identification card, MCA (mt.gov))

(1) Firefighters, when authorized by the chiefs of their respective departments, and search and rescue and volunteer emergency medical personnel, when authorized by the county sheriff, may use a blinker-type or revolving red light or both on the front or the top of their privately owned motor vehicles.

Montana vehicle code 61-9-401 "Horns, Security Alarms, and Warning Devices" describes the conditions for use of a siren as this. (61-9-401. Horns, security alarms, and warning devices, MCA (mt.gov))

(2) A vehicle may not be equipped with and a person may not use upon a vehicle a siren, whistle, or bell, except as otherwise permitted in this section.
(4) An authorized emergency vehicle may be equipped with a siren, whistle, or bell capable of emitting sound audible under normal conditions from a distance of not less than 500 feet and of a type approved by the department. The siren may not be used except when the vehicle is operated in response to an emergency call or in the immediate pursuit of an actual or suspected violator of the law, in which event the driver of the vehicle shall sound the siren when reasonably necessary to warn pedestrians and other drivers of the vehicle's approach.

So, I dug a little more. I found Montana code 61-8-102, which provides a definition.. of a definition of what Montana considers an authorized emergency vehicle. (61-8-102. Uniformity of interpretation -- definitions, MCA (mt.gov))

"Authorized emergency vehicle" means a vehicle of a governmental fire agency organized under Title 7, chapter 33, an ambulance, or an emergency vehicle designated or authorized by the department.

However, the statute that specifies a volunteer firefighter being permitted a light on the front or top of his vehicle does seem to provide a description that wouldn't allow the vehicle to meet the conditions for having a siren and being classified as an emergency vehicle. Montana code 61-9-402 describes the signaling equipment for an authorized emergency vehicle as such. (61-9-402. Audible and visual signals on police, emergency vehicles, and on-scene command vehicles -- immunity, MCA (mt.gov))

(2) An authorized emergency vehicle must be equipped:

(a) with a siren and an alternately flashing or rotating red light as specified in this section; and

(b) with signal lamps mounted as high and as widely spaced laterally as practicable that are capable of displaying to the front two alternately flashing red lights located at the same level and to the rear two alternately flashing red lights located at the same level. These lights must have sufficient intensity to be visible at 500 feet in normal sunlight.

The raw legal definition of an authorized emergency vehicle as described in Title 7, Chapter 33 appears to not have been published online or is hiding in a section of the statute that is marked as reserved, because I went through every single article in the chapter and couldn't find it. So, in short, I don't think that POVs in Montana would meet the other signaling requirements of the law to be able to be classed as an authorized emergency vehicle and then use a siren. Though I am tempted now to contact the Montana Highway Patrol and find out.

Hope this is helpful. Otherwise I typed a lot to look like a moron. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Sangmi said:

Back from another long hiatus from the forums to give my interpretation of Montana statutes, cause I'm weird. 

Thank you for the help. I feel slightly vindicated that I didn't include sirens on the POV's.

Okay it wasn't just because of the law - it's easier to leave them out than implement them into the code.

I'll probably do some customization and make it so that a control panel command can be added, where the POV's will have sirens or not. Player preference.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2023 at 7:35 PM, Sangmi said:

Montana vehicle code 61-9-227 seems to imply that not having a siren is what differentiates a volunteer firefighter's POV from an authorized emergency vehicle. (61-9-227. Blinker-type or revolving red light on certain private vehicles -- use -- identification card, MCA (mt.gov))

Montana vehicle code 61-9-401 "Horns, Security Alarms, and Warning Devices" describes the conditions for use of a siren as this. (61-9-401. Horns, security alarms, and warning devices, MCA (mt.gov))

So, I dug a little more. I found Montana code 61-8-102, which provides a definition.. of a definition of what Montana considers an authorized emergency vehicle. (61-8-102. Uniformity of interpretation -- definitions, MCA (mt.gov))

However, the statute that specifies a volunteer firefighter being permitted a light on the front or top of his vehicle does seem to provide a description that wouldn't allow the vehicle to meet the conditions for having a siren and being classified as an emergency vehicle. Montana code 61-9-402 describes the signaling equipment for an authorized emergency vehicle as such. (61-9-402. Audible and visual signals on police, emergency vehicles, and on-scene command vehicles -- immunity, MCA (mt.gov))

The raw legal definition of an authorized emergency vehicle as described in Title 7, Chapter 33 appears to not have been published online or is hiding in a section of the statute that is marked as reserved, because I went through every single article in the chapter and couldn't find it. So, in short, I don't think that POVs in Montana would meet the other signaling requirements of the law to be able to be classed as an authorized emergency vehicle and then use a siren. Though I am tempted now to contact the Montana Highway Patrol and find out.

Hope this is helpful. Otherwise I typed a lot to look like a moron. 

You sir are a blessing! A million thanks to you. Shame POVS in Montana aren't legally considered as emergency vehicles. But please do contact MHP when you can. But as I've said, you are a blessing. A million thanks to you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/20/2023 at 12:46 AM, Johhnnyy said:

You sir are a blessing! A million thanks to you. Shame POVS in Montana aren't legally considered as emergency vehicles. But please do contact MHP when you can. But as I've said, you are a blessing. A million thanks to you.

I like doing this kind of research, I am a stickler for realism in all forms of 911 simulation. Can't mod to save my life but I can sure dig through legalese with.. ease. 

I've been trying to get in contact with MHP but their website appears to be offline and I can't seem to find a phone number that works. If anyone has an email address or phone number for MHP handy, I'd be happy to use it.

However, I'm pretty confident that they wouldn't tell me anything that I didn't find searching through Montana's emergency vehicle statute. 

Haven't played in a while but got back into it recently. Forgot how much I loved this mod, great work!

Having a problem however, whenever I select a Paramedic or an EMT and a patient for treating them via the medical system, it says I need to select a Paramedic or EMT to preform this action, even though I have.....

Any help greatly appreciated thanks.

Forgot the paramedic or EMT had to be treating the patient 😂, leaving this here in case anyone has a similar forgetful moment.

I just remembered that I never posted the actual link to the news site that I've found has a good amount of reference material. This site is where I found the two photos of the rear of the Beaverhead fire district #2 brush truck and the macks. Some other photos in there might be helpful I've not had a lot of time to comb through to see what all there is but there's probably something I've missed.

https://www.southwesternmontananews.com/

487980363_648c8a7b078f8.image(1).jpg.9cb6caf9031dccdd2aa9dce59e675321.jpg

Also found this photo on another news site (it's a subscription-based site so I wasn't able to look for anything else) If I recall correctly this ambulance is different from the other Lima ambulance that is present in the mod.

(Update) I found a photo of the other side which is alot clearer. img_1_1687837228923.thumb.jpg.0e326e3de8627b5f3ded0c6e07d797ef.jpg

There is also a rear shot which I'll just link the facebook post as to not insert too many photos.

https://www.facebook.com/1722793417988257/photos/a.1722820237985575/1901136743487256/?type=3&mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw6v

• Upvote 1

On 6/12/2023 at 6:57 AM, itchboy said:

Thank you for the help. I feel slightly vindicated that I didn't include sirens on the POV's.

Okay it wasn't just because of the law - it's easier to leave them out than implement them into the code.

I'll probably do some customization and make it so that a control panel command can be added, where the POV's will have sirens or not. Player preference.

In the old mod, when the Chief actually stayed at the station, and when there's no limit to how many cops you could buy ($25 in game money), the POVS had no lights or sirens at all (maybe cuz the chief in the old version hated POV lights lol). I'm pretty sure they were the fastest land vehicles in the mod lmao. If you do decide to add a control panel command that will enable or disable POV sirens, are you also thinking of making a control panel command that enables or disables red POV lights too? 

On 6/11/2023 at 8:30 AM, Florian Lörrach said:

montana mod is a good mod

I haven't been able to get Em4 for myself, but I do watch EM4 vids on YT. Yes, the Montana mod is a great mod.

On 6/24/2023 at 5:45 PM, Sangmi said:

I like doing this kind of research, I am a stickler for realism in all forms of 911 simulation. Can't mod to save my life but I can sure dig through legalese with.. ease. 

I've been trying to get in contact with MHP but their website appears to be offline and I can't seem to find a phone number that works. If anyone has an email address or phone number for MHP handy, I'd be happy to use it.

However, I'm pretty confident that they wouldn't tell me anything that I didn't find searching through Montana's emergency vehicle statute. 

Idk if this works, but I got it from the internet.

1 406-444-3780

Edited by Johhnnyy
Add Montana Highway Patrol phone number

On 6/1/2023 at 2:11 PM, Samuel Gillman said:

If you forget to have a Detective check the dead patients before the coroner takes them, you have to restart the game. You cannot complete the task

Thanks for reporting this softlock condition. This was something I totally missed and I'm now looking into it.

On 6/11/2023 at 10:04 AM, miles451 said:

Can't thank you enough for the finds you're making. You are the man.

The Lima ambulance has been known for a while but I wanted to do the Chevy instead of the Ford.

I think I'll just do that one and add it together with the lineup even if the timeline is unspec. I'd like to have more content in here even if it's pushing the timeline quite a bit.

2 hours ago, Johhnnyy said:

In the old mod, when the Chief actually stayed at the station, and when there's no limit to how many cops you could buy ($25 in game money), the POVS had no lights or sirens at all (maybe cuz the chief in the old version hated POV lights lol). I'm pretty sure they were the fastest land vehicles in the mod lmao. If you do decide to add a control panel command that will enable or disable POV sirens, are you also thinking of making a control panel command that enables or disables red POV lights too? 

I haven't been able to get Em4 for myself, but I do watch EM4 vids on YT. Yes, the Montana mod is a great mod.

I don't know how far I want to take the concept. It should be easy to have ELS be toggled too. 

• Like 2

On 6/28/2023 at 5:03 AM, itchboy said:

I think I'll just do that one and add it together with the lineup even if the timeline is unspec. I'd like to have more content in here even if it's pushing the timeline quite a bit.

I have noticed that a few things have changed or are changing with the real life departments. One big one is allegedly DVFD has put in a an order for a Pierce Saber.

The lima ambulance I posted was delivered during 2016. Figured I'd mention it as it might be helpful.

I wasn't expecting to have anything new to show yet but I ended up finding some more photos.

Going to start with BEMS where I have photos of the 4th ambulance for them. Which seems to be similar to the newer ford in the lineup. (Compared the plates of both photos since you can't see the unit number from the rear.) file.jpg.d4f6064a301c17041ca90c6be5d5af75.jpg241342528_375725517392413_7125458472764886192_n.thumb.jpg.57d138ae067ca71838ff2cce73073cea.jpg

There's also this shot I found which is the only one I've seen to the angled high enough to where you see the top of the units on scene. Not sure of which ambulances are on scene.b1a712_4eaf42befe5a438e832d85776311cbba_mv2.thumb.webp.1cdab7eff4b0aeb54a2bec962990fce7.webp

Next I have some BCSO photos including something I found very interesting.

Ram 2500.

Screenshot_20230627-092650_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1bbbcf68b93e6554ed851d0fcfddcda9.jpg

Different spec Ram 1500.img_1_1687872431932.thumb.jpg.af1ade45d503e983042a5085a27ce5d4.jpg

Chevrolet Silverado.b1a712_289afd37da4044e59e055b34b34d212f_mv2.webp.7c8aa46932570c7fcfad59bc7bc87e59.webpb1a712_50830aaede14479084ab3d2ed2888a50_mv2.thumb.webp.2dafc6b4c1f4036e818e3bf6436f151d.webp

This is the interesting one, not quite sure what model other than a smaller chevy pickup (maybe a colorado) and that it's fairly new. And the overall look is definitely a departure from the original.b1a712_761ef981a0c0402689cd68006ca4946f_mv2.thumb.webp.1e331da1fc3c64956dd0c87dddc18982.webp

(Update:) not a very big update, just three photos of the older beaverhead brush rig. Unfortunately I don't have a shot of the rear. img_2_1686447962410.jpg

img_3_1688093706028.jpg

img_1_1686447952018.jpg

Seems like that rig lasted up until 2020 as it shows up very briefly in the 2020 labor day parade video, And it's a very clear shot of that right side as opposed to the other photo. Rig shows up around the 1:17 mark. 

• Like 3

On 6/29/2023 at 9:05 AM, miles451 said:

I am very deilghted to see all this new stuff coming up. Again, thank you for doing the work on this.

Regarding the modern stuff, I am not sure if I will be doing those vehicles any time soon. It's definitely on the board for more potential additions and even new commands.

• Like 5

Original version as in the pre-missionmod version? Yes, it was replaced by the updated version, EmP doesn't have a file on our site for the older version. I'm not sure if Itchboy or Bama1234 would have a local copy on their drives they'd be willing to release on an unsupported version, but likely not. I know with previous mods once updates are made, the old version isn't available any more. I remember with this mod there was a script stack issue that would cause significant lag after long playtimes, which I don't know if it was ever fixed in the public version prior to release of this version.