Jump to content
itchboy

Project Nostalgia Submod [RELEASED - Bugfixes Uploaded Regularly]

Recommended Posts

Over the last hour or so, I've found out there's yet again been unauthorized conversion of my assets into another game. Given the frequency of this happening, and in spite of all my warnings and notices, this behavior persists.

I would like to share how I feel because you guys deserve the transparency. I am seriously considering a downgrade to the retro civilian car pack. Maybe we don't need that many car variations after all. There's no point in putting in the work if somebody else will just take it for their own uses anyway.  This isn't final or set in stone though; I am still looking (yet again) for ways to remedy my situation. Regardless of the situation, the mod will still continue to be worked on but not with the as many vehicles as I initially wanted.

Once again, don't send hate or harassment or abuse. This is to be handled as adults.

I also stress that Steam and other platforms like Patreon, etc aren't making it easy to report this sort of thing, which is why I feel the need to speak out. However, me speaking out isn't license to go hunt down Cities Skylines modders. Not all of them are lazy, in fact it's a very small minority. All I want is for our content to be left alone for Em4/Em5 players to enjoy. At the minimum can we have that, please?

What this means moving forward is that instead of scratch models, I'll be making civilian versions of existing playable cars. It won't look as nice, but it will do the job. I have most of what I need anyway so I'll stop here for now until some kind of resolution is reached.

Still, it is disappointing that certain game communities outside of here continuously choose to treat me more as a content farm and less as a person with ownership and rights to my creations.

I won't blame other games for it entirely either. The root cause of this is Em4 does not allow us to lock our models fully, and that anybody can unlcok them using the same tools we have.

Unlike last time, I'm not stopping or taking breaks. You still are getting an update for the submod. However I'll probably start putting my time in other games where I can actually lock my content.unknown.png
unknown.png

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That antenna is nice!
 

Sorry to hear about your continued issues with the C:SL community, for a modding community with so much intelligence and creativity, it sucks these people feel the need to steal.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, stockboy8 said:

That antenna is nice!
 

Sorry to hear about your continued issues with the C:SL community, for a modding community with so much intelligence and creativity, it sucks these people feel the need to steal.

The situation has been resolved. I am very thankful that model theives in their community are a minority within a minority and there are other CS modders who have been more than respectful with me and are willing to stand up for me. CS modders started this, CS modders also helped resolved it. I am grateful that there are still many willing to be respectful of content.

I don't know about the future though, this may repeat itself again but I trust there are at least people who will help me out next time. However with that in mind, I will keep to my plan of only creating 70% of the scratch made vehicles I originally promised. The remaining 30% will be civilian counterparts of playable units.

TLDR: The traffic pack will still be 34 cars but only 24 will be entirely new models. I will release this initially and maybe down the road in 6 months, maybe a year, I'll add more,


As seen on Jay Leno's Garage
unknown.png
I previously said I didn't like this car, but it has grown on me.

I also have a civilian version of it:
unknown.png

And another car textured:
unknown.png
I won't walk back any of the cars that were previously shown: What I have showcased will be included in the civilian car set.

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Uh hi, So... i tried downloading this mod but the 4 parts REALLY confuses me (I'm not too good at figuring out complicated things) Could someone give me a step by step for exactly how to install this? Thanks a bunch...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Marty12345 said:

Uh hi, So... i tried downloading this mod but the 4 parts REALLY confuses me (I'm not too good at figuring out complicated things) Could someone give me a step by step for exactly how to install this? Thanks a bunch...

search on youtube, I believe phantom made a tutorial or Dom (domthefurry)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2021 at 5:39 PM, itchboy said:

Over the last hour or so, I've found out there's yet again been unauthorized conversion of my assets into another game. Given the frequency of this happening, and in spite of all my warnings and notices, this behavior persists.

I would like to share how I feel because you guys deserve the transparency. I am seriously considering a downgrade to the retro civilian car pack. Maybe we don't need that many car variations after all. There's no point in putting in the work if somebody else will just take it for their own uses anyway.  This isn't final or set in stone though; I am still looking (yet again) for ways to remedy my situation. Regardless of the situation, the mod will still continue to be worked on but not with the as many vehicles as I initially wanted.

Once again, don't send hate or harassment or abuse. This is to be handled as adults.

I also stress that Steam and other platforms like Patreon, etc aren't making it easy to report this sort of thing, which is why I feel the need to speak out. However, me speaking out isn't license to go hunt down Cities Skylines modders. Not all of them are lazy, in fact it's a very small minority. All I want is for our content to be left alone for Em4/Em5 players to enjoy. At the minimum can we have that, please?

What this means moving forward is that instead of scratch models, I'll be making civilian versions of existing playable cars. It won't look as nice, but it will do the job. I have most of what I need anyway so I'll stop here for now until some kind of resolution is reached.

Still, it is disappointing that certain game communities outside of here continuously choose to treat me more as a content farm and less as a person with ownership and rights to my creations.

I won't blame other games for it entirely either. The root cause of this is Em4 does not allow us to lock our models fully, and that anybody can unlcok them using the same tools we have.

Unlike last time, I'm not stopping or taking breaks. You still are getting an update for the submod. However I'll probably start putting my time in other games where I can actually lock my content.unknown.png
unknown.png

It's a bit sad to read all of this with all the amazing job you are doing. Handle the situation as you want, It's your work. The EM4 community will be very happy with your work and will support you at any cost!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, fdnyarmenian said:

Hi! 
I saw we got updates for this mod. 
Do I need to download the whole mod again or the "patches and bugfixes" is enough? 

Thanks!

For now, patches and bugfixes is okay.

When I release the 80's update for the submod, it will require a full redownload and the patches and bugfixes .rar

In order to keep things simple, the civilian car set will be a separate download entirely to avoid excess filesize.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, itchboy said:

For now, patches and bugfixes is okay.

When I release the 80's update for the submod, it will require a full redownload and the patches and bugfixes .rar

In order to keep things simple, the civilian car set will be a separate download entirely to avoid excess filesize.

Excited! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Two mini updates: These aren't completely brand new models but adaptations of the Ford pickup set I've made previously.

This is the mid to late 80's versions and will feature alongside the 1992 Ford trucks we've made.unknown.png
unknown.png

When the mod originally released, I felt bad for short-changing you guys out of one LAPD SWAT truck. Here's that one truck I owe everyone. This truck carries an interesting story of how it came to be.
1049197965_Em4Deluxe2021-07-1917-23-28-86.thumb.png.93feb8f892ddcb9b245270b9579ca7b3.png
(Original base texture by Yankee43, credits to bama1234 and SlateDragon for the ladder, Hoppah for the Code3 XL lightbar, edited into mini version by me; all other work by me)

This vehicle is something we weren't even sure was real until we came across it in one photo.
north-hollywood-shootout.thumb.jpg.fd30dea891daf1adaa795a76c89e7f4c.jpg

Our research and a bit of luck gave us the information that this vehicle was actually featured in Sierra's Police Quest: SWAT and featured some rear photos of this truck.
212400793_181467447220219_8092193858732876257_n.png.f3fe3730ccf3660e5ce31eabef9b93ca.png

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man, 90s LA was a warfare :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, itchboy said:

I promised a playable Bronco of some kind in the mod. Here it is.

Original base texture by Yankee43. Lightbar by EmC Unit and rihis.

Em4Deluxe 2021-07-19 23-14-23-17.png

I already know I'm going to use this way too much. Nice job.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, itchboy said:

I promised a playable Bronco of some kind in the mod. Here it is.

Original base texture by Yankee43. Lightbar by EmC Unit and rihis.

Em4Deluxe 2021-07-19 23-14-23-17.png

will it change any current cars or will be added as another one for the LASD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A bit too new of a model for “240-Robert” but nevertheless an amazing and iconic addition to the mod.

it’s interesting how my childhood seems to be coming in clutch here, first with “there goes and ambulance” and now the original swat game.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, stockboy8 said:

A bit too new of a model for “240-Robert” but nevertheless an amazing and iconic addition to the mod.

it’s interesting how my childhood seems to be coming in clutch here, first with “there goes and ambulance” and now the original swat game.

"Officer, you dare interrupt a superior?"
"Pup, the lash is not a toy!"
"Pup, I'm suspending you"

I never played the game but watching the playthroughs, I can tell the game is savage. It does depict LAPD SWAT relatively accurate from what I can see, but the RNG, scripted scenes linear gameplay, and lack of clear structure just makes me want to hope for a proper SWAT simulator but 3D and open world.

I am glad that the game at least got me the references for that LAPD SWAT truck. These vehicles wont appear in the lefthand menu but will require players to use the variant switcher. It's a bit of incentive let's just say.


Here's another vehicle skinned. I am now up to the last three original, purpose built models for this mod - for the time being at least.
unknown.png

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...