bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

It actually won't be that sophisticated. Instead of using the unit menu to send the city's fire trucks, you use it to call the volunteers onto the map, and tell them where you want them to go (to the station or the scene). Most of it is done manually by the player.

If you send the volunteers to the station they'll park in their spots, go inside, get geared up, and wait for you to assign them to a truck.

If you send them to the scene, they can do what they can until a truck arrives, or move in to assist if a truck is already on scene.

BMA has also given me a script that prevents you from moving vehicles that aren't occupied. So if you want to bring the city's fire trucks and ambulance to the scene, you'll have to send volunteers to the station to get them and drive them.

You can still call in units from the county fire department directly from off map, but it will take a while for them to get on-scene.

Will the crews that go straight to scene be able to get gear off the trucks?

It actually won't be that sophisticated. Instead of using the unit menu to send the city's fire trucks, you use it to call the volunteers onto the map, and tell them where you want them to go (to the station or the scene). Most of it is done manually by the player.

If you send the volunteers to the station they'll park in their spots, go inside, get geared up, and wait for you to assign them to a truck.

If you send them to the scene, they can do what they can until a truck arrives, or move in to assist if a truck is already on scene.

BMA has also given me a script that prevents you from moving vehicles that aren't occupied. So if you want to bring the city's fire trucks and ambulance to the scene, you'll have to send volunteers to the station to get them and drive them.

You can still call in units from the county fire department directly from off map, but it will take a while for them to get on-scene.

Very interesting & cool concept. So once a POV unit is called on the map.. do we click that POV unit and there will be a 'command' to send him to the hall? That would be very sophisticated! I know on our hall there's been a few calls where POV's would have to attend directly to scene.

Good luck

I heard of one department a while back where the standard procedure was for ALL firefighters except for drivers of designated vehicles, it was one of the dumbest ideas I had ever heard but such things do exist in the emergency services community.

POVs are foreign to me :) We always respond to the station expect for car accidents we cross paths with en route to the station. No lights or sirens for us.

i did that until i got introuble with the assant chief bc i'm under 18 lol

Yeah that's not good haha.  Here I think it's just because there is so many of us that its easier to not have your gear at the station while you're not.  Were a combination dept and with the two combined have over 50 firefighters, even with the locker room we have I still don't think we would have enough room for everyone's gear.  (Sorry for going off topic Bama)

Quick update, still working on the map, it's nearing 40% completion, but things will be sped along soon as I've purchased a number of new building models from turbosquid. I'm estimating it will be 60-70% complete in a week or less. The good news is that these new building models will be very high quality and will seriously help the map look more American. The bad news is that no one else will be able to use them in their mods without buying them on turbosquid. Any questions, please ask

Quick update, still working on the map, it's nearing 40% completion, but things will be sped along soon as I've purchased a number of new building models from turbosquid. I'm estimating it will be 60-70% complete in a week or less. The good news is that these new building models will be very high quality and will seriously help the map look more American. The bad news is that no one else will be able to use them in their mods without buying them on turbosquid. Any questions, please ask

Great update! One question, I know you said it was going to be a while for release, but with this new news do you think it could be earlier than what you said before? I'm a huge fan of this mod and can't wait to see the new version! 

Great update! One question, I know you said it was going to be a while for release, but with this new news do you think it could be earlier than what you said before? I'm a huge fan of this mod and can't wait to see the new version! 

This will definitely speed things along. All that will be left after the map is completed is finishing touches on a few units and script implementation. I'm aiming for a release within two months.

This will definitely speed things along. All that will be left after the map is completed is finishing touches on a few units and script implementation. I'm aiming for a release within two months.

sounds awesome cant wait to play v2 i love v1

That depends on the poly count of his new buildings, the heavier the stuff you add, the worse the load on the game.

Will the new buildings increase the chance of lag as seen in some versions of the Manhattan mod?

Most of the buildings are as low-poly as they can be, Flnn is also re-doing the unit lights for me to make them more cpu-friendly

Would it be possible to slow down the speed at which fire spreads in this mod? Its not *as* much of a issue as in the LA mod because of the availability of pumpers however without some more realistic fire scripts I suspect that a house fire will spread across the block before I get a engine staffed by POV and on scene. Also could we have POVs have the "patrol" function too?

Well I'm saying in this game you'll have the added time deficit of responding to the station just like in real life, and you can't argue that the fire spread i the game is unrealistic. The average room and contents house fire will not be igniting trees outside the house in 2min. Didn't the Manhattan mod do something with the fire physics? I think they did but I can't play it on my computer so I don't know for sure.

Well I'm saying in this game you'll have the added time deficit of responding to the station just like in real life, and you can't argue that the fire spread i the game is unrealistic. The average room and contents house fire will not be igniting trees outside the house in 2min. Didn't the Manhattan mod do something with the fire physics? I think they did but I can't play it on my computer so I don't know for sure.

Yes, the Mahattan Mod did.  If there's a building fire, chances are it won't spread to the building next to it.  Usually the one building will burn out and it won't spread at all.  And I agree that especially in LA Mod, the fire spread is kinda unrealistic.  A house fire would start in the SE corner of the map by all the trees, and within a couple minutes, I have a whole block on fire with one or trucks on the scene.  And then by the time I call another truck, half the fire is burnt out.  Long-story-short, the fires spread to fast and don't last long enough.

Yes, the Mahattan Mod did.  If there's a building fire, chances are it won't spread to the building next to it.  Usually the one building will burn out and it won't spread at all.  And I agree that especially in LA Mod, the fire spread is kinda unrealistic.  A house fire would start in the SE corner of the map by all the trees, and within a couple minutes, I have a whole block on fire with one or trucks on the scene.  And then by the time I call another truck, half the fire is burnt out.  Long-story-short, the fires spread to fast and don't last long enough.

Ok but remember is a game with non-realistic time, the game day-night time is faster. I think that to be able to slow down fire spreading speed (I am not a moder) is by slowing down the game speed too?