bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

Introducing the Monida Pass Volunteer Fire Department and Monida Pass Police Department: these units will be the only units available on-map at the start of the game. The Chester County fire department, CCPD, and CCSD still exist, but CCFD has now been changed from volunteer to paid, and all its units will come in the form of mutual aid from off-map. The MPFD and MPPD units will be housed at their respective stations and will be sufficient to handle a good amount of the freeplay events that occur on the new map.

Thanks go to Goog for the use his Ford ambulance. The fire engine is a brand new model by me.

dw1zMBk.png

b2olJVJ.png

This looks great!! Will you be adding a few more Monida Pass VFD units? Like a brush unit or tanker?

No sir, these units are the entire VFD. There will be several POV units though, that can be used to get personnel to the station or respond to a scene.

It looks great but for fire and EMS we will only have two on map units, because right now the department reminds me of what you have now. They have a commercial cab engine like you do, a rescue but then they normally have an older two seat tanker or engine. I feel if you put one of those in just to help with water supply that would be cool but for new units they still look really nice excellent job! http://www.etvfd.org/station85/firetrucks.html

It looks great but for fire and EMS we will only have two on map units, because right now the department reminds me of what you have now. They have a commercial cab engine like you do, a rescue but then they normally have an older two seat tanker or engine. I feel if you put one of those in just to help with water supply that would be cool but for new units they still look really nice excellent job!

That's right, but if you encounter an event where you need more units, there will be plenty of mutual aid to call from off-map, including the county fire department, police/sheriff/state troopers and AMR.

Its your call man but I can't possibly imagine a rural department having just one pumper/tanker, its just not possible to have a functioning rural department with one truck. And are brush fires going to be taken by Montana Forestry Division or something? That's what most rural/farm departments have.

A simple Brush Truck like this one is what your average small town VFD would have, with limited funds the money usually goes towards the expensive custom built apparatus like Pumpers so most brush units are just converted banged-up pickup trucks. I think that would give more of a small town feel too. And face it what kind of place in Montana doesn't have a few grass fires a year?

truck4-1.png

Its your call man but I can't possibly imagine a rural department having just one pumper/tanker, its just not possible to have a functioning rural department with one truck. And are brush fires going to be taken by Montana Forestry Division or something? That's what most rural/farm departments have.

You have to remember that the fires on the new map will be fewer and far between, and will spread more slowly than in the LA map. With the new circumstances, one engine is plenty for the small town. But for fires that get out of control, or large brush fires, that's where CCFD will come in, with plenty of extra units.

You have to remember that the fires on the new map will be fewer and far between, and will spread more slowly than in the LA map. With the new circumstances, one engine is plenty for the small town. But for fires that get out of control, or large brush fires, that's where CCFD will come in, with plenty of extra units.

i understand there are plenty of fire departments here in kentucky that only have one rig and are still the 1960's and 1970's rigs and they do it that or they have automatic mutal aid agreements here in my county our mutial aid contracts is a tanker and 2 people but others vary

So be it.
In general I fear for the safety of people in towns with one apparatus and no hydrants on the average fire however. The success of a firefighting operation has so much to do with the actions taking by the first arriving unit/department that if the firefighters don't get in quick and have all the water they need the structure is going to be a loss, especially if they have to wait 15/20 minutes for Mutuial Aid. Even more so for brush fires, if a brush fire is small but off road the average structural engine is not going to be of much use for anything except structure protection. You NEED brush trucks with pump and roll capability (most structure trucks don't) to attack brush fires in any sort of rough terrain, sure if you have too you can do a indirect attack but that takes up time and you lose property while you're doing it.

Damn you Bama I was working on almost that same exact engine with THVFD!  Anyway, looking awesome so far!  I do have to admit I agree with some of the others before me, rural departments with limited water supplies have a tender as a necessity, you can go through the tank on your engine faster than you would believe!  Also, pretty much all the rural/county departments out where I live have AT LEAST 1 brush rig if not more.  For one they're a hell of a lot cheaper than structural engines so they are easier to procure it seems plus they serve a very specific purpose especially with the pump and roll capabilities they bring to the fire ground.  Again, I'm just throwing suggestions out there as to what I think would add to the mod, you're doing an outstanding job!

I like the concept and the challenge your laying out bama. Living in an "urban" area surrounded by some very remote communities I can relate. A single piece does seem a little difficult, but interesting. Here our most remote agencies maintain 2 units, but there biggest issue is often manpower. Only a handful of members have the advanced levels of training necessary to operate interior or on specialized scenes. It would be hard to integrate that into the game without tweaking a lot of the fire system. So I think the single unit is kind of a nice trade off to get that feel. It's always a very interesting experience to ride 40 minutes to a fire call, and be the second unit on scene.

I will say that many of these smaller communities have unfortunately lost much of their EMS capabilities as well. They've gone to more of a first responder type unit with no transport capabilities.