bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

Now when you say tanker are you talking about an air tanker like out west or a tanker like a truck. Finally what will it look like will it be an older/newer one, will it have an external water tank or internal and is it gonna be like the foam tender in the LA mod or is it going to be different? Sorry for all the questions I am just trying to paint a picture in my head of what to expect. This mod has come really far and even though the first version was really good I am happy to see that you are continuing to work on it to make an even better version.

Well from the context he was talking about the limited water supply he is most likley talking about a land tanker/tender (at least that's what I was talking about). The USFS slurry bomber is already in the game so...

My guess would be he is going to use the tanker model that came out with the limited water demo. He will probably just tweak it and hopefully fix the uv mapping on it as it is hard to realign it.

I'm sure whatever it is it'll be great. One of the things I really liked about this mod was (with the EMS units at least) their was a good balance of old and new units, like you would see in any small rural community. It is highly unlikely to see a tiny little town or even a county with all new units of course.

I'm sure whatever it is it'll be great. One of the things I really liked about this mod was (with the EMS units at least) their was a good balance of old and new units, like you would see in any small rural community. It is highly unlikely to see a tiny little town or even a county with all new units of course.

I agree and I'll be keeping the older Econoline ambulance in, might be re-doing the texture and tweaking the model though. It will probably be staffed in the town fire station to give it a smaller feel.

My guess would be he is going to use the tanker model that came out with the limited water demo. He will probably just tweak it and hopefully fix the uv mapping on it as it is hard to realign it.

Possibly, but I'd like to create a new model or a hybrid. All depends on how much time I have.

it's a few dozen posts back.

New map teaser -

2GNo05k.jpg

I know im late but i love it! This is exactly what this mod needed, the LA map just doesn't have the small town atmosphere and theres not really a good small town map out there so thanks bama1234!

I know im late but i love it! This is exactly what this mod needed, the LA map just doesn't have the small town atmosphere and theres not really a good small town map out there so thanks bama1234!

Thanks! This map should be great for all small town mods to use. There will be both farmland and a small town in the middle.

That looks like a great map, bama.

With this new/old mixture, I hope that 2002 police impala back from the submod makes a reappearance :P

Funny that you mentioned it, that unit's been re-added and re-skinned. You'll see photos of it in the next update!

It will probably be staffed in the town fire station to give it a smaller feel.

Yes please do this! I can't wait, you really are doing great! Not asking for a release date, but is there a rough time frame you think you may be finished (weeks, months, etc..)? Thanks bama, I am really looking forward to it. 

I think I'm looking forward to the limited water supply/tanker and the volunteer (red lights, no siren I think) script the most!

That's correct, red/white lights and no siren for Montana

Yes please do this! I can't wait, you really are doing great! Not asking for a release date, but is there a rough time frame you think you may be finished (weeks, months, etc..)? Thanks bama, I am really looking forward to it. 

Hopefully before the end of the year. Making a new map takes a lot of time.

Hey Bama, awesome mod you have here man!  I was wondering a if you possibly have a copy of the vehicle textures that are unpacked.  For example, when I try to open the Engine 1 .dds formatted skins i get errors.  I'd love to be able to edit them as I'm reskinning your amazing models to my local area.  The mod has the same feel as where I live so I wanted to make it my own.  Any help is greatly appreciated!  

Hey Bama, awesome mod you have here man!  I was wondering a if you possibly have a copy of the vehicle textures that are unpacked.  For example, when I try to open the Engine 1 .dds formatted skins i get errors.  I'd love to be able to edit them as I'm reskinning your amazing models to my local area.  The mod has the same feel as where I live so I wanted to make it my own.  Any help is greatly appreciated!  

I'm not aware of any reason that I can fix that would cause the textures not to open - they open just fine for me. Make sure you're using the right programs.