bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

It's all in the specs folder, you need to edit the materials.xml, for instance if there is a fire in my private mod, generally it would take around 25 mins to extinguish a house fire and it's unlikely to spread unless there is a direct exposure like real life.

Well we did see the one video of that mod but we kinda have limited experience on account its not released. I think slowing down fire spread and increasing the time it takes to extinguish fires the mod could be made more realistic, that's all I'm saying.

On a unrelated note would it be possible to have one or two of the volunteers be paramedics and able to get medical bags out of their POVs? I know most of the guys on the ambulance in my area respond off duty as firefighters so its realistic enough, and some volunteers get Paramedic training on their own.

Stillwater is batly a mod anyway, I am preety sure it is dead by now since Raf is to busy with other mods. (On topic) yea, in the LA mod it got very challenging at the back corner neighborhood cause the trees were right next to the houses.

Well we did see the one video of that mod but we kinda have limited experience on account its not released. I think slowing down fire spread and increasing the time it takes to extinguish fires the mod could be made more realistic, that's all I'm saying.

On a unrelated note would it be possible to have one or two of the volunteers be paramedics and able to get medical bags out of their POVs? I know most of the guys on the ambulance in my area respond off duty as firefighters so its realistic enough, and some volunteers get Paramedic training on their own.

Stillwater is batly a mod anyway, I am preety sure it is dead by now since Raf is to busy with other mods. (On topic) yea, in the LA mod it got very challenging at the back corner neighborhood cause the trees were right next to the houses.

The fire mechanics in the new map are going to be more realistic and more manageable, and will be more of a fit for the on-map units.

Also, I need suggestions for new events for the map, so if you have any good ideas that aren't overly-complex, throw them out there please!

It's been too long since I released any media, so be expecting a new screenshot from the new map tonight :holdglass:

How about a welfare check? Have PD do a welfare check on a subject in a house and find him either dead, injured or healthy.

Or a suicidal person (armed with a handgun) that needs to be taken into custody.

Perhaps a poaching incident? This was discussed on the Ravenna mod topic, have it be like attempted murder in the Montana mod but have a dead deer and the person running away with a rifle, this would be good if you have a Montana Game Warden unit already.

Plane crash: Like a car crash you would have to do extrication on it (likley dead) and possibly extinguish a small plane that crashes somewhere in the woods.

Domestic Violence, like the fight but inside a house and take both people to jail.

Drug deal, as soon as cops show up 2 people take off running and you have to catch them both.

EMS calls with different names, since all EMS calls are pretty much the same in the mod (stabilize person, transport) maybe mix up what the dispatch says just for the sake of realism. Things like: Electrical shock, snake bite, heat stroke, broken arm, unknown, mental health emergency, headache, lacerations to chest, unresponsive person etc.

Just my ideas, hope they help.

Looks so damn good! As far as events, what if you had a hit and run where you had to deal with the MVC and at the same time apprehend the assailant in their vehicle using the same type of fleeing vehicle that is in the LA Mod. Or, and this is probably way to complex, what if you got word that MHP or the Sheriff's dept was in a pursuit and coming straight towards Monida Pass. You would have to send PD units to the highway or whatever the road is that the call said and make a road block with stop-sticks as well as do traffic control and pedestrian control to limit bystander casualties. Another good PD call could be a burglary/home invasoin, if there is a residential area on the map with a few houses. Possibly have a report of a suspicious vehicle in the area (Maybe one of itchboy's vans), send PD to the area and have them use the questioning command to ask vehicles about their business in the area. if you don't find the vehicle in time a perp breaks into a house and maybe takes the homeowner hostage.

How about a welfare check? Have PD do a welfare check on a subject in a house and find him either dead, injured or healthy.
Or a suicidal person (armed with a handgun) that needs to be taken into custody.
Perhaps a poaching incident? This was discussed on the Ravenna mod topic, have it be like attempted murder in the Montana mod but have a dead deer and the person running away with a rifle, this would be good if you have a Montana Game Warden unit already.
Plane crash: Like a car crash you would have to do extrication on it (likley dead) and possibly extinguish a small plane that crashes somewhere in the woods.
Domestic Violence, like the fight but inside a house and take both people to jail.
Drug deal, as soon as cops show up 2 people take off running and you have to catch them both.

EMS calls with different names, since all EMS calls are pretty much the same in the mod (stabilize person, transport) maybe mix up what the dispatch says just for the sake of realism. Things like: Electrical shock, snake bite, heat stroke, broken arm, unknown, mental health emergency, headache, lacerations to chest, unresponsive person etc.

Just my ideas, hope they help.

And possibly have things change once EMS gets on scene, like for example if you get dispatched to a Mental Health call the person runs from or tries to fight EMS. You would have to have PD handle the situation as well. Edited by randomperson139
Posts merged. Avoid double posting in future.

Picture looks awesome! I like how there are street signs with street names on them.

Glad you noticed, that's something unique I wanted to do here, all the streets will have signs for their names and will correspond with the map included with the mod.

For random fire calls maybe a tree down blocking traffic, wires down, fire alalrms, if it's more rural a farming accident with a person pinned under a rolled tractor just a few ideas

For random fire calls maybe a tree down blocking traffic, wires down, fire alalrms, if it's more rural a farming accident with a person pinned under a rolled tractor just a few ideas

That would be cool, I've tried to added traffic accidents involving a deer or farm animal to mine, but I'm unsure on how to get rid of the animal without putting it in the ambulance lol

That would be cool, I've tried to added traffic accidents involving a deer or farm animal to mine, but I'm unsure on how to get rid of the animal without putting it in the ambulance lol

Maybe a animal control unit with the same script abilities as the ambulance would get you around that issue...

Just my thoughts, not big on scripting.

Maybe a animal control unit with the same script abilities as the ambulance would get you around that issue...

Just my thoughts, not big on scripting.

Well what about an ambulance, but have it has the animal control unit, that would work I think if you set the animal to a civilian. But like I said I've never used animals so I don't now what it would work in game.

That sounds like what happens around here anyway. I know in Alaska they give the meet to some local charity or something (according to Alaska State Troopers) but most of the time here the animal is just pulled up off the road and sometimes all the way to the tree line if someone feels ambitious.