bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

object DummyGoHome : CommandScript{	DummyGoHome()	{		SetGroupID(20);	}	bool CheckTarget(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int ChildID)	{	}	void PushActions(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int ChildID)	{		if(ChildID == 1)		{			Vehicle v(Target);			Game::ExecuteCommand(CMD_STANDBY_ON, &v, &v);		}		if(ChildID == 2)		{			Vehicle v(Target);			Game::ExecuteCommand(CMD_STANDBY_ON, &v, &v);

I went into the script for the hospital and added the standby command at the end of the "ToHospital" script. Simple, but it works.

object DummyGoHome : CommandScript{	DummyGoHome()	{		SetGroupID(20);	}	bool CheckTarget(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int ChildID)	{	}	void PushActions(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int ChildID)	{		if(ChildID == 1)		{			Vehicle v(Target);			Game::ExecuteCommand(CMD_STANDBY_ON, &v, &v);		}		if(ChildID == 2)		{			Vehicle v(Target);			Game::ExecuteCommand(CMD_STANDBY_ON, &v, &v);

I went into the script for the hospital and added the standby command at the end of the "ToHospital" script. Simple, but it works.

Yeah, almost finished. Just some small light edits and moved it to Woods maps then edited the map so the traffic isn't so awful as it was before. I'll release it if Bama's cool with it

Just want to give everyone a quick update, I'm still working hard on the map, it's around 20% done at this point, but looking great. BMA and I are in collaboration to make a simple volunteer fire response script, but can't put it to use until the new map is done. Just about every model is being replaced with an American counterpart. Tons of new road signs, road textures, utilities, you name it. Expect new media within a week or so. Feel free to ask questions.

Just want to give everyone a quick update, I'm still working hard on the map, it's around 20% done at this point, but looking great. BMA and I are in collaboration to make a simple volunteer fire response script, but can't put it to use until the new map is done. Just about every model is being replaced with an American counterpart. Tons of new road signs, road textures, utilities, you name it. Expect new media within a week or so. Feel free to ask questions.

Once this is all out, could I have your permission and blessing to include those US Themed Objects in my mod? A lot of people have asked for those.

An alternative to this is that you could release these objects to the community separately from your mod and give them a more generic theme.

Its up to you. Best wishes and good luck with the mod.

Are we going to be able to control the POVs? Like have one or two drive to the scene instead of the station?

Yes.

Once this is all out, could I have your permission and blessing to include those US Themed Objects in my mod? A lot of people have asked for those.

An alternative to this is that you could release these objects to the community separately from your mod and give them a more generic theme.

Its up to you. Best wishes and good luck with the mod.

I was thinking the same thing. Once I finish them all I'll send them over to you and you can add them to your vehicle pack. They'll be Montana-specific, but anyone can edit those texture files easily.

Hey Bama, thanks for the update. As a volunteer FF in Canada, I am quite intrigued in the volunteer script. Can you go into a little detail on how the script will work? Really looking forward to this!

Hey Bama, thanks for the update. As a volunteer FF in Canada, I am quite intrigued in the volunteer script. Can you go into a little detail on how the script will work? Really looking forward to this!

it will probably be firefighters with civilian cloth around the city walking or patrolling in civilian cars

it will probably be firefighters with civilian cloth around the city walking or patrolling in civilian cars

He says he's working with Bma, I would suspect something Similar to what the Stillwater mod was working on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znBsaoIP66I&feature=youtu.be

It actually won't be that sophisticated. Instead of using the unit menu to send the city's fire trucks, you use it to call the volunteers onto the map, and tell them where you want them to go (to the station or the scene). Most of it is done manually by the player.

If you send the volunteers to the station they'll park in their spots, go inside, get geared up, and wait for you to assign them to a truck.

If you send them to the scene, they can do what they can until a truck arrives, or move in to assist if a truck is already on scene.

BMA has also given me a script that prevents you from moving vehicles that aren't occupied. So if you want to bring the city's fire trucks and ambulance to the scene, you'll have to send volunteers to the station to get them and drive them.

You can still call in units from the county fire department directly from off map, but it will take a while for them to get on-scene.