Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

Guest Cal-Fire (CHF District)
Hi there, and welcome to the Forums. As a former member of RRU who wore the Khaki and Green as well as the Navy before going over to County, I'd like to address some of the issues you mention.

You say it'd be more realistic, which is defined as: portraying an object like it is in everyday life.

You are correct in stating that the USFS handles all Federal Forest Land, such as the Los Padres, where as the California Dept of Forestry and Fire Protection, a State Agency, handles all State Responsibility Area land which includes a wide mix of timber, forest, brush, mountains, and even cities as a full function Fire and EMS department with many City and County (35!) contracts throughout the State of California.

Here... is where I am a bit confused. Can you tell me what State units are stationed in the Los Angeles area in any way, shape or form? Living in the city of Los Angeles, and working in a Mutual aid zone with County and City, I've never seen a CDF apparatus stationed with the LAFD. The nearest CAL fire units are in Riverside Co, San Diego Co, San Bernardino, or San Luis Obispo to the north. .

Compare that to the Angeles National Forest which shares a common border with Los Angeles City. In the areas of the 210 Corridor up to the 5 freeway and through out the Angeles Crest, USFS firefighters respond direct mutual aid to all Wildland Urban Interface incidents at time of dispatch along with Los Angeles City and County units.

With an USFS response time measured in minutes, and many times having them arrive on scene as quickly as the LAFD and LACoFD units, it doesn't compare to the CDF units which respond to brush fires in the City and County limits in hours after initial time of dispatch.

I believe that an USFS Crew bus may be worked on in the not-so near future to further develop the USFS contingent in the game, especially with so many type I and II crews working in the ANF.

As for the USFS, with 2 Type I engines, and a type 3 already in the game, I'm not sure what having an OES rig would provide except that they look different, especially those weird Westates rigs. LACoFD now has 5 Type III OES Engines modeled after the CDF Model 34/35 configuration. They're currently assigned up north and have been getting pretty rave reviews from the crews on them. That might be one option.

And they're not bad one, but as this is an LA mod, the key has always been to accurately reflect the Los Angeles Area, which unfortunately, unless it is a major fire incident, like the 2003, 2005 and 2007 fires or disaster, like the Northridge Earthquake, Cal Fire does not have a presence in this county. LACoFD is the designated SRA manager for this area which explains why they recieved the Type IIIs and have such a large wildland/forestry program and Camp Crew program.

Mike

Hi, sorry for such a long time with no reply. Thank you for correcting me there are none in LA. Sorry about that but i just joined so i couldn't tell you where every CDF station is :) . I was on a family trip to LA and I saw a Type III Engine for Cal-Fire in front of an LA station cant remember which one sorry. So i figured "Oh a CDF station." Thanks once again for the reply Mike.

Guest lord_bonev
What about creating a mobile transport toilet for all the officers at the crime scene etc.

This is absolutely bullshit. What did you do if you stop spam?

My suggestion is for security parking with metal doors, when vehicles out doors automated open/close.

Can you apply it to firefighters?

If Im not wrong, you can do that in the editor. I'll can check it out sometime later maybe.

I have an idea of the next version of the mod, create units of CTU(Counter Terrorist Unit) and the CIA(Central Intelligent Agency).

I don't see the point in having another two, agency, when you already got the FBI. It would not be any use of it. I think the FBI is more than enough.

Guest KingNikan

Ya i know i already have a topic but i think this would be better. Hwo bout a Prision so all the Suspects will be Transportet to teh Station First then a Prision truck Brings them To Prision would be pretty col you could also add some Functions. Like a real American Jail

Would also be Nice if you are Able to Enter the Police Building

Could you make the crew of the fire engines wear their SCBA gear when you alarm the engine (or maybe two of the four persons) because I thnik it takes to long to put it on when I need to enter a burning builiding.

I'm not sure how realistic this is, but here in the Netherlands we normally put our gear on in the the vehicle, since that's not possible in EM4 it might be better to have the fire fighters enter the vehicle with SCBA gear in stead of changing into it at the scene.

greetz,

[OFF TOPIC text removed]

Now back to the topic:

Like Crownvictoria Said: Only one vehicle will be added. Hoppah has made alot of vehicles that the LA Public Servants uses. We will not be adding Alien objects ( Apparatus, Equipments, et cetera that are not used in LAPD, LAFD or Any Emergency Departments in City of Los Angeles.)

There are nice requests here, but we cannot use them, because they are either an Alien, or Hard-Coded, or Too much Scripting involved, animations, whatnots.

Now stop requesting vehicles. He will be adding only one, i repeat..ONE (1).

Hoppah is getting very stressed out right now. He has created a very popular mod. Without Mike, who has genius knowledges in California Emergency Field, 1.6 would have not existed. Hoppah is very lucky because he has a great department of scripters, modders, and testers who has a commitment to make his Project Successful and Realistic. People are nagging at him, throwing him requests, people are harassing each other in his FORUM! It is Embarrassing! We are here to have fun, and enjoy the game!

It's time that we let Hoppah enjoy his summer. Let him be, let him enjoy his vacation. HOPPAH....STOP YOUR PROJECT. GTFO AND ENJOY YOUR VACATION!

Guest jacob1029
[Off Topic text removed]

Now back to the topic:

Like Crownvictoria Said: Only one vehicle will be added. Hoppah has made alot of vehicles that the LA Public Servants uses. We will not be adding Alien objects ( Apparatus, Equipments, et cetera that are not used in LAPD, LAFD or Any Emergency Departments in City of Los Angeles.)

There are nice requests here, but we cannot use them, because they are either an Alien, or Hard-Coded, or Too much Scripting involved, animations, whatnots.

Now stop requesting vehicles. He will be adding only one, i repeat..ONE (1).

Hoppah is getting very stressed out right now. He has created a very popular mod. Without Mike, who has genius knowledges in California Emergency Field, 1.6 would have not existed. Hoppah is very lucky because he has a great department of scripters, modders, and testers who has a commitment to make his Project Successful and Realistic. People are nagging at him, throwing him requests, people are harassing each other in his FORUM! It is Embarrassing! We are here to have fun, and enjoy the game!

It's time that we let Hoppah enjoy his summer. Let him be, let him enjoy his vacation. HOPPAH....STOP YOUR PROJECT. GTFO AND ENJOY YOUR VACATION!

Well said cfd..

Go on a Holiday or a vacation or whatever you call it,you need a break,you deserve a break and we want you to have a break :) Personally I would donate to you but I dont have a paypal account etc...

Hmm maybe more variations of events IN the water. Maybe a guy in a sinking boat that needs rescue with the chopper, or more car crashes that go into the water or such.

Fantastical Ideas:

1.All roofs can be landed on with SWAT and they can enter the building through pipes on the roof.

2.All buildings be enterable and have a ground floor, and a second floor.

3.Make a freeplay event where the SAR dog is actually needed.

4.Make the gas exploding be contaminated and you need to use the HAZMAT.

5.Make a K-9 police unit.

6.Make prison cells inside of the police building.

7.Make a convict transport that can go to the PD.

8.Make SWAT rappel.

9.Make a small car that can hold 1, maybe 2 FBI guys.

10.Either make a CNT for the Negotiator, or remove him and put in his place: FBI.

11.Make an airport where some events happen, and fire planes take off. The LAAP have the special ability to stop all planes so they can go through that area.

I know about half of those are impossible, but whatever :P.

Hmm maybe more variations of events IN the water. Maybe a guy in a sinking boat that needs rescue with the chopper, or more car crashes that go into the water or such.

Fantastical Ideas:

1.All roofs can be landed on with SWAT and they can enter the building through pipes on the roof.

3.Make a freeplay event where the SAR dog is actually needed.

4.Make the gas exploding be contaminated and you need to use the HAZMAT.

5.Make a K-9 police unit.

8.Make SWAT rappel.

9.Make a small car that can hold 1, maybe 2 FBI guys.

10.Either make a CNT for the Negotiator, or remove him and put in his place: FBI.

11.Make an airport where some events happen, and fire planes take off. The LAAP have the special ability to stop all planes so they can go through that area.

I know about half of those are impossible, but whatever :P .

All you have suggested may require a lot of scripting and probably will not happen. Hoppah said he will not be giving SWAT the ability to rappel, he will keep it to the army.

Guest woo482
Hoppah said he will not be giving SWAT the ability to rappel

I am trying to make it so that the SWAT can rappel so if you want it just send me a PM (It might take a while to do I am really bad at scripting/Editing scripts )

Guest KingNikan

I reall like the Following Ideas

3.Make a freeplay event where the SAR dog is actually needed.5.Make a K-9 police unit.

Would be a fun addition

I know about half of those are impossible, but whatever :P.

OK Clearly you did not brother to read the first post of this thread

Hi everyone,

Post your suggestions and ideas for the Los Angeles Mod in this thread. New topics about suggestions will be closed from now on.

One tip: Think about the suggestions you're about to post. Do research. You can't just post everything that came across your mind!