Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

Guest Orriole
they already do....

Mine don't... when i set them to patrol they ignore red lights and just keep driving. only time they stop is when a civilian car is in front of my unit... Is this just me??

Mine don't... when i set them to patrol they ignore red lights and just keep driving. only time they stop is when a civilian car is in front of my unit... Is this just me??

That normal. It a limitation in the game. I believe it been said it is to difficult to change this.

I don't know if this has been discussed before but I'm gonna say my voice.

I find it very strange that the LAFD Commander can call LAPD, but the LAPD can't call the LAFD. What's up with that?

i have an idea for 'police line' tape. it would be like hoses only if possible remodeled and then reskinned as the pd tape. then the hose 'connectors' could be remodeled to be posts, jsut little metal poles that pop up like the hose connections. and to start the tape, youd have an officer get a pole out of the police car, and go to where you want to start it, click "start tape" and then go around the area you want to cut off. and if u want a post somewhere but it doesnt appear, you could click a command called "place post" and when ur done with the tape, click "finish tape". if possible, you could give it properties or something that enable the tape to have "send people away" command.

Guest Mav1701

Actually, you'd want to base the police tape off of the spike strips, they do almost everything you want.

Pretty limited use tho, since there aren't really investigation scenes, and the deployable barricades cover the other uses pretty much

Maybe a idea?

Firefighters or Policemen can call the fire chief?:)

Or maybe can a Police men a firecar and fire chief simultaneously calling

I don't know if this has been discussed before but I'm gonna say my voice.

I find it very strange that the LAFD Commander can call LAPD, but the LAPD can't call the LAFD. What's up with that?

No, I want to keep the 'call units' commands unique. If every unit has the ability to call almost every vehicle these commands are not unique anymore.

i have an idea for 'police line' tape. it would be like hoses only if possible remodeled and then reskinned as the pd tape. then the hose 'connectors' could be remodeled to be posts, jsut little metal poles that pop up like the hose connections. and to start the tape, youd have an officer get a pole out of the police car, and go to where you want to start it, click "start tape" and then go around the area you want to cut off. and if u want a post somewhere but it doesnt appear, you could click a command called "place post" and when ur done with the tape, click "finish tape". if possible, you could give it properties or something that enable the tape to have "send people away" command.

Not possible, the hoses are hardcoded. There is NO WAY you can make an object interactive by stretching it to a length of your choice.

Hoppah

Another suggest: Mayby you can make Port police dive team. And you can aslo replace the port police with the Harbor patrol.

Port Police and LAPD dive teams are focused more on criminal investigation and evidence recovery then on life saving rescue. While they do train and work beside LAFD and LACoFD's dive teams in rescue situations, they, like the FBI's Dive Unit in LA are primarily focused on Law Enforcement related underwater issues.

As for harbor patrol, I have to ask what do you mean? The LAPP patrol the Los Angeles Port and the only "harbors" that I can think of are Marina Del Rey, Westlake, and Castaic which are patrolled by the LASD unit in the game. What exactly are you asking for?

Well thay aren't used as RAs anymore, but they still are used by the LAFD Bureau of Support Services*. So you could modify the skin slightly and make the old RA into SU1 or SU2 and have them as a rehab vehicle. That would require a script though. So instead, you could have it transport extra paramedics to to large disasters. I even made some CERT members to go with it. It could be a way have the old RA in the mod in a realistic role. But that's just my suggestion.

*I realize those photos are 2 years old so if anyone knows they aren't in use please tell me.

I don't know where you heard that the older white boxes aren't used anymore. Today alone I have seen 102's, 888's and one other, possibly 860's in the older white boxes. The BSS RA's are similar to them, but have different lighting and are used mostly as a canteen vehicle on large incident. The LAFD CERT program is separate and not affiliated with the BSS. While I am sure some BSS volunteers are CERT members too, the two programs are not linked.

I haven't seen SU1 since the Topanga Fire in 2005, but SU2 has been active in the Valley for much of this year.

LA Earthquake 2008 mission (AKA, imported regular EM4 mission) :

Gino

Ugh what a boring mission! LOL. Most of the stations just drove around, reported no damage, no problems and went home. A few unfortunate souls in the west end of the valley, along with USAR 88 from Sherman Oaks, got stuck mopping up water at the Macy's at the Topanga Mall when a 6 inch water line broke.

County Fire had a few areas with minor structural damage in and around Pomona, but no real issues.

The only call of notice was unrelated to the earthquake and was a small 5 acre brush fire in El Sereno. LAFD engines and brush patrols were able to get a handle on it rather quickly though and prevented it from spreading into the homes in the area.

Now the 94 earthquake would be a good basis for a mission. I recommend that everyone who is interested in just how bad and chaotic a disaster can get read Battalion Chief Schneider's own words here in his activity report for that incident.

Here is a quote that has always stood out in my mind ever since I first read it many years ago:

From my vantage point I could see numerous fires in every direction. In normal conditions many of these fires would have been Greater Alarms or Major Emergencies by them selves. Although some fires were incredibly spectacular, many of the smaller, less obvious fires were more threatening to life and property.

Mike

I don't know where you heard that the older white boxes aren't used anymore. Today alone I have seen 102's, 888's and one other, possibly 860's in the older white boxes. The BSS RA's are similar to them, but have different lighting and are used mostly as a canteen vehicle on large incident. The LAFD CERT program is separate and not affiliated with the BSS. While I am sure some BSS volunteers are CERT members too, the two programs are not linked.

I haven't seen SU1 since the Topanga Fire in 2005, but SU2 has been active in the Valley for much of this year.

Sorry I wasn't paying attention when I looked at your earlier post I thought it said all the old white RAs were out of service, not just those with that light style. As for the CERT thing it was just a way to impliment them into the game, I noticed on both the CERT site and the BSS site they seem to work together a bit, also noting this press brief .

Also for anyone who is curious about CERT and it's role at a fire scene read the bottom of the blog.

Hey

Loving 1.6 By The Way Hoppah :D

I Was Just Wandering Is This Unit From LAFD Being Trialled Or Is In Widespread Use?

http://www.code2high.com/LAFD/lafd_batt2.jpg

Because It Might Look Good In Later Versions, Only If Hoppah Has Time Of Course :)

Thanks For Your Time :D

James

That is the new BC's rig, so far I think Batt 2 is the only one with it. The others are slowly rolling out, but I'm still seeing a lot of the old white over red GMC's still in front line service so who knows when these things will become widespread.

Port Police and LAPD dive teams are focused more on criminal investigation and evidence recovery then on life saving rescue. While they do train and work beside LAFD and LACoFD's dive teams in rescue situations, they, like the FBI's Dive Unit in LA are primarily focused on Law Enforcement related underwater issues.
Would a LAFD SWR team be more appropriate?

Hey,

Hoppah,

Can you give maybe a single paramedic can call to a ambulance?

Yeah I also requested that a while ago.. let these paramedics like I have in a car, four of them.. maybe send them to a place.. they heal.. then call for ambulance to come pick them up.