Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

There are hostage scenarios with barricaded doors (deluxe map?)

Hmm, I have deluxe and all of the houses with hostages were open doors.

-- and there is the Hacker mission from the original game, and when you find his house you have to call the FD to open his door :)

Oh! i forgot about that mission, it's been forever since I played the original ones. But yeah, that'd be a good use for it.

Guest Mav1701

I could be mis-remembering.. the axe is rarely used anywhere.

Probably could change one of the hostage missions per map to have barricades, but them we'd need to have an axe-clone in battering ram form :)

If we had calls where Law Enforcement had to do dynamic entry on locked doors I'd fully agree! But the only locked doors that I'm aware of come into play involves Fire/EMS responses. Forceible entry is something Firefighters do on a daily basis without the need for calling SWAT :)
Over here police would do most of the forcible entries using the mastercard, so ambos would call up to the local force to do an entry for them, rather than waking up the water faries.

:1046275897_teufel:

Guest firepics
OK clearly you did not bother reading this thread. Or you would seen that this was suggest already and that it been said that this vehicle is no longer in service.

OK clearly you did not bother reading this thread. Or you would see THAT 2 PERSONS ALREADY TOLD ME THAT!!!!!!.

Thanks.

PS:

Sorry that I don't read a 58 Pages Topic :rolleyes:

Over here police would do most of the forcible entries using the mastercard, so ambos would call up to the local force to do an entry for them, rather than waking up the water faries.

:1046275897_teufel:

Water faries? Prepare for the wrath of Mikes Meadows!(if that is your last name). Mastercards are very good for breaching doors, all you need to do is take a mastercard and buy some dynamite.

OK clearly you did not bother reading this thread. Or you would see THAT 2 PERSONS ALREADY TOLD ME THAT!!!!!!.

Thanks.

PS:

When I hit the replay those other two post were not there. That can happen in the forums. Depending on when you hit replay and when you hit post others could post before your but who were not there.

You notice two of the post are one after the other, with one more post then mine.

In your case you were to lazy to read what had been already posted. There would not be 58 pages of topic if you and other would read what had been posted before and not keep posting the same thing over and over and over again.

When I hit the replay those other two post were not there. That can happen in the forums. Depending on when you hit replay and when you hit post others could post before your but who were not there.

A few possibilities here:

1:The time of posting really needs to be fixed on the forums

2:You clicked reply to him, then took just under 3 hours to post:

OK clearly you did not bother reading this thread. Or you would seen that this was suggest already and that it been said that this vehicle is no longer in service.

Or 3:you saw what he said, didn't bother to look at the post directly under him OR the next post down to see that people already told him that (17 minutes after his question was posted, then 57 minutes later)

ON topic:

I'm not quite sure if this is what CrazyLion425 is talking about, but is it the search light thing on the drivers side of the police car???

If not then that's my suggestion :P It could be used in the same way as the floodlights on the ambulance, but it just points forwards

If you are unwilling to read the thread to see if your idea has been hammered over and over again, then please use the search button. If you are unwilling to do both, you are more then welcome not to post on these forums.

There is nothing more annoying to the general members of this board and to the mod makers themselves then someone believing they have the latest and greatest idea that has already been hashed and rehashed 60 times before.

To Everyone, Please read the entire thread or use the search button. We don't ask much to be a part of this community, but we do ask that you take some time and just the smallest bit of effort before posting.

Water faries? Prepare for the wrath of Mikes Meadows!(if that is your last name).

Nope, he's a private press photographer in the area who covers emergency incidents. I don't believe he has ever been a Firefighter. His pics are amazing though.

Hoppah just wanted to say again sick mod. Would it be possible to make a quint? you would just have to add a watercannon to a pre-existing ladder back change the look slighty. Just an idea

The apparatus in the game is already a quint. Quints are defined as having a pump, a water tank, a complement of fire hose, an aerial ladder, and a complement of ground ladders. The rig in game has all of those things, including an aerial master stream from the bucket. The only thing really missing is the ground ladder which is something that has been requested before and pump connections to it which was left off to simulate LAFD's trucks better, which are not Quints.

In regards to the Police spot light - this was discussed a long time ago and Hoppah explained to us that the mod could either have a spot light, (which the Police vehicles originally had, or the directional arrow bar. If I remember correctly, there was overwhelming support for the directional bar as it would have more practical use in the game. Like Mike said, the light engine in the game is terrible and adding more lights on top of other lights doesn't make things easier to see...quite the opposite.

The apparatus in the game is already a quint. Quints are defined as having a pump, a water tank, a complement of fire hose, an aerial ladder, and a complement of ground ladders. The rig in game has all of those things, including an aerial master stream from the bucket. The only thing really missing is the ground ladder which is something that has been requested before and pump connections to it which was left off to simulate LAFD's trucks better, which are not Quints.

Isn't a quint something you put on someones arm to stop blood from coming out of wound? Even though you sacrifice there limb.

Isn't a quint something you put on someones arm to stop blood from coming out of wound? Even though you sacrifice there limb.

Suggestion: Maybe medical supplies :D, aka medical bags, they are in the equipment window, and one heals 1/2 of a persons bar. Also you need a sepearte defrib unit. Also set a limit of these you can get from an ambu so the trailers would be more practical.

Sounds like you are thinking of a tourniquet for the application and splint for the word.

Suggestion: Maybe medical supplies :D, aka medical bags, they are in the equipment window, and one heals 1/2 of a persons bar. Also you need a sepearte defrib unit. Also set a limit of these you can get from an ambu so the trailers would be more practical.

I don't know about where you are, but here we really don't have a lot of different bags. Most engines just carry a BLS bag and maybe a burn bag, but for the medics, they'll usually have an ALS bag with airway kit and their drug box. Remember, you just have 2 guys and the last thing you want is going back and forth, back and forth, so they pretty much just grab the bag and drug box and go. The defib is usually just placed on the stretcher when they head inside. There really isn't a whole lot of getting and choosing going on.

1 word: FIREHAWK!!! It's a Sikorsky Blackhawk based fire helicopter used by the LAcoFD. Unfortunately I don't know its exact purpose or whether it is used in LA city (maybe Mike could shed some light?)

LACoFD's firehawks are used much the same way LAFD's Bell 412s are. They are set up for Air Ambulance duty, water dropping, and helitack/fly crew duty. They're larger then the Bells, and carry between 1000 and 1500 gallons of water and foam compared to the usual 500+ gallons the Bells carry. As for where it is used in LA City, the simple answer is that it isn't. The complex answer is that LAFD has a fleet of 4 Bells, and 2 Jet rangers for observation to handle most of their own needs. On wildland/brush incidents though, the automatic mutual aid response includes LA County Hand Crews, Superintendents, and no less then 1 Helicopter. They can also be requested for air ambulance by the IC on the ground if LAFD's own birds have an extended ETA, though it is beyond rare, it has happened.

What would be nice is if any of you other scripters and modelers out there could find a way to make a helicopter drop water a limited number of times, as well as deliver a fly crew. We could then leave LAFDs bird for air ambulance, and use LACoFD for fly crew and water drops.

Mike

Hoppah just wanted to say again sick mod. Would it be possible to make a quint? you would just have to add a watercannon to a pre-existing ladder back change the look slighty. Just an idea

Having a Quint is cool but in real life they cost alot! If a Quint in a game it would have to cost alot to buy one and a quint ladder is not as long as a Tower Truck. Alot of quints don't have a basket on them... So a Fireman can't ride on one to get in a house.

If a quint is in the game? It would be another pumper with a long range water cannon that the ladder will control.

And sick in cost to buy because many departments can't have alot of them.

Ask any Captain fireman how much a new quint cost to a normal new pumper.

Having a Quint is cool but in real life they cost alot! If a Quint in a game it would have to cost alot to buy one and a quint ladder is not as long as a Tower Truck. Alot of quints don't have a basket on them... So a Fireman can't ride on one to get in a house.

If a quint is in the game? It would be another pumper with a long range water cannon that the ladder will control.

And sick in cost to buy because many departments can't have alot of them.

Ask any Captain fireman how much a new quint cost to a normal new pumper.

I'm not a Captain, but I do have experience on budget and purchase comittees and bid processes.

First the cost. You are correct in saying that a Quint costs more then a Fire Engine. Much more in fact. But that statement is a bit misleading because you are comparing an Aerial apparatus to a non-aerial apparatus. The real question would be how much does a quint cost compared to other forms of aerial apparatus? A quint has to perform 5 functions with its primary function being the aerial ladder. An engine performs 3 functions and has no aerial device.

You can find the 2008-2008 LAFD budget for 07-08 here which details a standard, non-quint, LAFD tillered aerial truck at $846,400 compared to their fire engines at $537,109.

LACoFD on the other hand uses KME quints which cost $589,392.50 as can be seen in this document by Corona City in which they tagged onto the LACoFD bid. Many cities will join with LACoFD on a purchase to get better bulk rates. The more apparatus of the same type purchased at the same time, the lower the cost goes.

In comparrison, an LACoFD Engine will cost $378,573.20 as you can see in this tag on by the City of Lompoc document

As you can see, your point is valid in that a Quint is more expensive then a fire engine, but at the same time, depending on the specs, manufacturer # of axles and length of ladder amongst other issues, a Quint does not neccesarily have to be more expensive then any other aerial apparatus.

In regards to the length, besides the special application bronto lifts, I've looked at KME, Pierce, Seagrave, and E-one and found that almost all aerials were the standard lengths of 75 ft or 100ft. This was regardless of whether or not it was a tower, quint, or straight stick.

In game, the only major change would be to allow hose connections in addition to the aerial master stream to make it a true quint. I have no idea if the truck in the game currently cost more then the engine, but if it doesn't it should.

Yet if a Quint in the game. Then all the newbie players want to buy alot of them in multiplayer.

They will say "Because they look cool!" When I'm telling them we don't need that many!

They won't be using them as Aerial apparatus but as a pumpers... That my whole point of a Quint vs Pumper in game.

Like to play a good game without people buying crap that not needed. Because they don't want to play a hard game or want to buy things because its cool.

Some players need to understand about budgets and problem solving what limited units.

The Real life Departments have to do that.

Just wonder if a Quint will be a problem in game realism when playing with others.

So what is your model ? could you send me a link to site where are LAPD and LAFD vehicles ?

The model used in game is from Los Angeles County Sheriff's Dept Hummer used by the Antelope Valley Search and Rescue team. There are no definitive sites for all LAPD and LAFD vehicles, but you might want to try my website listed in my signature. It currently has over 13,000 pictures from the Southern California area.

Also, one thing I'd like to point out is that there are a lot of vehicles in the game already. When suggesting a new one, please include a reasoning why and how you think it would either improve or change the game.

About the only thing that has been pretty clearly said no to is a new helicopter model due to the immense time and effort that they take.