Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

Guest lord_bonev
I highly doubt that the LAPD uses european lights.

I know that, but this is clasic for "good cops" in the old film :1046275747_biggthumpup:

Guest KingNikan

SOmetihng Realistic if you shot a Suspect and you get the Ambulance the ambulance cant leave the area unless you have an Police Officer in the Car too

Oooh I know, a more complete Police station, with a control panel. Hit a button and the SWAT team comes out, hit a button and the bomb squad jumpsi n there vehicle. Stuff like that. Also maybe "upgrades" until you get the baton upgrade Police have a harder time fist to fist arresting. Until you get the "handgun" upgrade no handgun. Maybe a tazer upgrade :D.

Thad be cool, but not very balanced. And I doubt a live saving organization would use them. Also I think death by MP5s should leave the target 1/3 to 2/3s of injured bar left. And finally: a new unit, LASD Prison Guard, a guy that is slightly(think USFS firemen slight) different from the normal LASD officer. He can go in the bus, and is used mostly for RP reasons.

Thad be cool, but not very balanced. And I doubt a live saving organization would use them. Also I think death by MP5s should leave the target 1/3 to 2/3s of injured bar left. And finally: a new unit, LASD Prison Guard, a guy that is slightly(think USFS firemen slight) different from the normal LASD officer. He can go in the bus, and is used mostly for RP reasons.

You're suggestions won't add anything to the game and/or aren't possible or would just be really frustrating if added. Do you people ever think about the suggestions before you post them?

You're suggestions won't add anything to the game and/or aren't possible or would just be really frustrating if added. Do you people ever think about the suggestions before you post them?

I'm sorry not everyone on here follows your viewpoint and knows all about modding EM4. And yes I did think about my suggestions.

Guest pappy02us

I scanned through 52 other pages kinda quick so sorry if I missed this suggestion. How about making a city yard for the engineer vehicles, and the crane. just some parking spaces for them to go to after a call.

Let me start off by posting 2 admin comments.

FIRST: This is not your personal bitch rag. If someone says something to you that you do not like, report it and reply via pm. I've spent the last hour deleting tons of bitches back and forth between members and I will say this right now... That Kind Of Behavior Will NOT Be Tolerated On This Forum! We have a PM function and a report function for a reason. USE IT and knock off the back and forth.

SECOND: USE the pm function. If you have a question or comment about someone elses work, like the edited undercover cars, or such... PM them!!!! This is the Central Suggestions/Ideas thread, not a place for people to talk amongst each other.

now then....

FPS/Homeland Security police

Hey Hoppah, how about adding this vehicle.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2281/230022..._77d025069f.jpg

The DHS/FPS and FBI Police are federal security officers. They don't really patrol or do anything besides provide security for federal buildings.

FF Paramedics

Ok I know this is not how it is. But what the FF dress paramedic had the paramedic log on back of the turn out gear. I know that not how it is. But to do as you suggest we have to do something to make it easy to tell in the game.

That may be a compromise we look into, please keep the ideas coming regarding this. Each one helps us all figure out if a compromise is worth doing.

i know there is a red helmet group.. ive seen them in LA before. wat is there rank?

Red = Arson Investigator, Orange = Captain.

FBI Sirens

Ok I am trying to take them because I've taken GTA 3 and GTA Vice City. xD

And I have to modify them to remove the sound of car engines and the sound of the environment of the game ^ ^.

The sirens of the FBI are ready.

FBI, DEA, and the few ATF vehicles i've seen in this area all use the Fed Sig smart siren. It sounds nothing at all like the ones you posted, but is identical to the LAPD and just slightly different then the LASD sounds.

LAFD Brush Patrol Hummer

Wow Please HOPPAH make this vehicle to your mod it would be awesome.

HUMMER

It looks nice. But it appears that truck is out of service.

TheParanoid is absolutely correct. As Brian Humphries states, the LAFD Hummers are no longer in service and haven't been for quite some time. LAFD had 2 in service at one point, one being at 109s. The museum was able to aquire one of them, and the other, which had rolled on an incident, might still be on the For Sale block. None are in service.

CDF

Hi, sorry for such a long time with no reply. Thank you for correcting me there are none in LA. Sorry about that but i just joined so i couldn't tell you where every CDF station is :) . I was on a family trip to LA and I saw a Type III Engine for Cal-Fire in front of an LA station cant remember which one sorry. So i figured "Oh a CDF station." Thanks once again for the reply Mike.

Not a problem. Give it a couple of good summers and you'll know where every station is soon enough, and which ones have the best showers!. Alot of times you'll see CDF rigs stopping off at Local Govt stations for a pit stop due to their long travels to and fro throughout the state. I can't tell you how many times we'd look around for a FS just so we could grab a shower, and use something other then a rest stop bathroom lol.

SCBAs

Could you make the crew of the fire engines wear their SCBA gear when you alarm the engine (or maybe two of the four persons) because I thnik it takes to long to put it on when I need to enter a burning builiding.

I'm not sure how realistic this is, but here in the Netherlands we normally put our gear on in the the vehicle, since that's not possible in EM4 it might be better to have the fire fighters enter the vehicle with SCBA gear in stead of changing into it at the scene.

greetz,

For us, its usually the 2 FF's in the back who suit up enroute, and the capt and engineer get out and suit up.

LAPD Mobile Command Post

Hoppah, for 1.8 or 1.9, how about adding a Los Angeles PD Mobile Command Center

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/87/252161282_25b5bdcab2.jpg

Just for info, the mobile community centers and command posts are pretty much just rolling desks. Inside is just a place for officers and commanders to huddle around and fill out reports and such. Those small ones are pretty unimpressive.

An LAPD Command Post might just be a good idea though. Even perhaps changing the current large SWAT CP to have some new features like the FBI might allow for much more function and use.

LAPD SWAT

How about a swat stepvan I think they are called,like this...

http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/resources...06/swatvan1.jpg

He can very old but this is unical vehicle in LAPD ;) Old but most used.

The LAPD does not use that type of vehicle at all for SWAT. Instead they use a mix of plain SUVs and the Armored vehicles.

LAPD Huey

1# LIGHT FORCE 58 *E258* could be a basic fire truck and or reserve engine = my vote for a new unit

2# S.W.A.T. Rescue Vehicle #3 , S.W.A.T. Rescue Vehicle #2 could be moded to this unit

3# lapd huey

The Light Force concept may be included in future versions. It is something I'm personally hoping for. The idea would be to turned Engine 2 into a true 2-Car and when the send fire truck command is issued, both the Truck and 2-Car respond.

As for the Huey, the LAFD old blue huey is no longer flying and hasn't for quite some time. As soon as the new LAFD agustas are in service, the LAPD is hoping to get one of the 412s for their use, but nothing has been decided as of yet.

Monitors

Hoppah, would you be able to make it so we can use Deck guns on the ground? I think they are called moniters. that would be pretty sweet to see in game and helpful on large fires.

The LAFD Wagon Batteries (deck guns) are permanently fixed to the engine. The monitors on the ground are carried by the truck companies and deployed by the Light Force.

I believe they changed it because of realism.

Here is a light tip, for the planes and helo's.

Correct/fix the navigation (red, green on the side and a white light on the tail, all steady burn) lights, and add the flashing white strobes (on the wingtips and one on the rear , next to the navigation lights) and red beacon lights (up and beneath the fuselage, Or/and on top of the aircrafts tail).

It's very easy to do, And really creates more realism for the choppers and the plane.

Gino

* Hoppah sees the ambulance....

You haven't played the mod at all?

And MAYBE, you should come up with some unique ideas. What's the point of having that Command Vehicle if it can't do a thing?

@ MikesPhotos:

Thanks for your explanations. :)

Guest Mav1701

The only way I could think of implementing the command truck is this:

unless you have it deployed in the map somewhere, you cannot call reinforcements or special equipment using the "buy" menu, you can only use the units on the map.

Really though, its not needed.

Hoppah: since the 2 engines and the tender all basically do the same thing now (with different amounts of crew) are you planning on reworking them to work together (compliment as a team rather than overlap)

And I still want a yellow engine to go with the ambulance :)

edit: that red/white looks to be exactly like the ingame models.. in the pics your posting you'll see a full red ambulance which is slightly larger, but not enough to matter for LaMod purposes:

http://www.angelfire.com/la3/chucksfirepic...ges/LAFDR35.jpg (Copy and paste the link into address bar)

The only way I could think of implementing the command truck is this:

unless you have it deployed in the map somewhere, you cannot call reinforcements or special equipment using the "buy" menu, you can only use the units on the map.

Really though, its not needed.

Hoppah: since the 2 engines and the tender all basically do the same thing now (with different amounts of crew) are you planning on reworking them to work together (compliment as a team rather than overlap)

And I still want a yellow engine to go with the ambulance :)

edit: that red/white looks to be exactly like the ingame models.. in the pics your posting you'll see a full red ambulance which is slightly larger, but not enough to matter for LaMod purposes:

http://www.angelfire.com/la3/chucksfirepic...ges/LAFDR35.jpg

The White over Red box with the oval lights are no longer in service and have long since been replaced. We already have one "old" RA, why have another? This isn't a harp, nor am I jumping on you, but really, what is your reasoning behind wanting it included?

Let me be very explicit and clear here. When requesting something, please have an answer better then "It looks cool/neat/nifty" or any other adjective. Put some thought into it like many people here do. Explain how it would add or change the game play, tell us why you think it would make a difference in the game to the current units, put some thought into WHY you want it and what purpose it would serve.

Putting up a picture of a vehicle and saying how about this is not the kind of suggestion Hoppah is looking for. With tons of crown vics and other similar items in the game, we're looking to specialize and diversify, not just have 100 vehicles that do the same but have different paint.

As for the LAFD Command post, one idea being tossed around is to use that model to replace the control panel at the Fire station.

As for the Engines, something special might be in the works in the not-so-near future. But the same can be said about all of the apparatus in game.

1.6 just came out, enjoy it, 1.7 is quite a ways off :)

* Hoppah sees the ambulance....

@ MikesPhotos:

Thanks for your explanations. :)

Welcome :)

@ Lord Bonev

The link does work if you copy and paste it. Angelfire has some pretty strong anti-hotlinking features. In the future though, if you have something to say that is directed at just one person like that, please just use the PM button and let him know instead of posting in the topic.

I scanned through 52 other pages kinda quick so sorry if I missed this suggestion. How about making a city yard for the engineer vehicles, and the crane. just some parking spaces for them to go to after a call.
I have a new suggestion to make, and some screenshots from it too.

How about a City Works base?

EngineerStuff.jpg

engineerbaseza7.png

1.) You could use one of those doors to animate some sort of vehicle transfer, the cars would just transfer through that door and then the tow truck would go park again. (btw i'm not talking about that the door would have to open, just that the car would simulate that.)

And maybe we could have the gate open and close, so that crooks couldn't do anything to the base. :happy:

This place is right in the middle east of the freeplay map.

2.) Add some parking spaces in the back of the Police Station for the little SWAT Trucks and the Bomb Squad Truck.

I doubt that this will be tough scripting but what do i know. :)

-thossi69.

but really, what is your reasoning behind wanting it included?

Let me be very explicit and clear here. When requesting something, please have an answer better then "It looks cool/neat/nifty" or any other adjective. Put some thought into it like many people here do. Explain how it would add or change the game play, tell us why you think it would make a difference in the game to the current units, put some thought into WHY you want it and what purpose it would serve.

i do have reasoning. the command truck could be called to huge events and can call pretty much every unit (all current fd, the "special" fd like usar and boats) it could call some pd units like a helicopter and cars, and all ambo units, and all tec units. it could be like the FBI command and 'animate' and deploy a command center and antennas and stuff.

and you could spawn units at it (all the fire plus stretcher teams and doctors)

The idea is nice, but the 'city works' do not really play a great role in EM4.

V1.7 already have a second fire station on the map.

I just don't really see a reason to spend hours on adding such a simple city works depot.