Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

While this has been discussed and thought over quite a bit, so far a solution to the Paramedic issue hasn't come up yet. Maybe someone can suggest one? The problem lies in being able to tell the difference between the paramedic and the standard firefighter by looking at it. In the LAFD the only visbile difference is a very small tag on the side of the helmets that would not be visible in game.

The only thing i could think of is if you make the paramedics in SCBA gear like the ones from Fire Chief (or Fire Department).

I couldn't find a decent picture so i'm going to have to describe it from the back of the case.

The SCBA gear is a dark grey with with bands at the ankles, elbows and at the bottom of the waist. A red line is at the center of the white bands. They also wear white helmets with a red line going around them. It also appears that the air tank on their back is red and white compared to the normal firefighters air tanks.

The only thing i could think of is if you make the paramedics in SCBA gear like the ones from Fire Chief (or Fire Department).

I couldn't find a decent picture so i'm going to have to describe it from the back of the case.

The SCBA gear is a dark grey with with bands at the ankles, elbows and at the bottom of the waist. A red line is at the center of the white bands. They also wear white helmets with a red line going around them. It also appears that the air tank on their back is red and white compared to the normal firefighters air tanks.

LAFD gear is standard though. Helmets are color coded to denote rank, not level of medical training. White Helmets are Chief officers, Orange Helmets are Captain, Yellow Helmets are Engineer and Firefighter. Blue helmets are the only thing that is truly identifiable as Paramedic but unfortunately, these are used only by the Single Function Resource medics who have no fire training and are not allowed to partake in any fire suppression.

Jackets are the same as well regardless of rank. Same color striping and reflective gear regardless of rank or position.

The air tanks are identical as well for department commonality.

As you can see in this photo, the only way to tell these two guys are paramedics is 1) they're leaning on the ALS gear, and 2) the guy on the left is a Single Function Resource medic. If it wasn't for the gear and the blue helmet, they'd be unidentifiable as medics from the rest of the Firefighters on scene.

Mike

Hey,

some feedback for the new 1.6 LA Mod - it's just amazing.

I'm impressed by your skill to make a mod so detailed, so almost bug-less, one can really see the love and dedication you put in.

I just love all those blinky noisy cars, the small details like the improved armed-arrest-script and so on, which makes your mod one of the two greatest EM4 mods known to me.

Keep up the good work, don't get pissed by the kids and do your job as before. The results are impressive :)

PS: No suggestions by me, I haven't even tried all the new things in 1.6.

Looking out for rappeling units :)

Fine then. I was thinking about closing down this topic, but I have deleted all bullshit instead. I am not going to repeat myself anymore. The suggestions in these deleted posts have been posted before or can be found in another topic where I already gave my answer

If people want to 'leave me alone', I leave them too and won't answer their questions anymore.

How about having paramedic be able to change into turnout gear with a blue helmet. They could have a measure of protection from the fire and they could heal. They would be able to use fire extingushers and such, but not hoses and cutters. This still doesen't solve the problem of a paramedic FF though.

For those who need a review

1. Second hospital, fire station or police station on freeplay map.

Good idea, but requires alot of time to make it. Won't be added to mod until I have more time.

2. Add the stations to multiplayer.

Bad idea, Unless someone comes up with a genius idea how to deal with 4 players who want to park THEIR cars in the station only.

The stations have nothing to with cooperation and would slow down gameplay. It would just act as a place to mess around.

3. Add a tiller/trailer with ladder.

Good idea. It's possible to add trailers to Emergency 4, but game limitions withhold me. Reasons:

- The trailers in Emergency 4 have problems with physic/collision data.

- You can't send a truck + trailer from the menu, because they're two seperate vehicles (but attached together)

- These tillers are huge. That would cause problems with the ingame pathfinding.

- Installing a tiller near a window would be a pain in the ass. Maybe not even possible.

4. Add a police supervisor.

Bad idea, the normal police officers already have abilities to call for help (patrol cars, ambulances or police helicopter).

What would be the unique function of a supervisor?

5. Remove the paramedics with stretcher.

Bad idea, I want to preserve some of the original gameplay. It will slow down gameplay, because you will have to give paramedics a stretcher manually. Doing this automaticly is useless and unnecessary. The mod already has 'Get/drop stretchter' commands, so this won't be added to the mod.

6. Vehicles can only move when it has at least one passenger (a driver) inside.

Bad idea, it adds realism and makes the game more difficult and challenging. But it will add alot of frustration too, so it won't be added to the mod.

Hey Hoppah, how about adding this vehicle.

2300229329_77d025069f.jpg

Guest lord_bonev
TO HOPPAH

Hello, I am trying to recover sirens FBI if you're interested. I have two kinds.

Bye.

You mean the sound not light, right?

You can uploud this filer to all :)

LAFD gear is standard though. Helmets are color coded to denote rank, not level of medical training. White Helmets are Chief officers, Orange Helmets are Captain, Yellow Helmets are Engineer and Firefighter. Blue helmets are the only thing that is truly identifiable as Paramedic but unfortunately, these are used only by the Single Function Resource medics who have no fire training and are not allowed to partake in any fire suppression.

Jackets are the same as well regardless of rank. Same color striping and reflective gear regardless of rank or position.

As you can see in this photo, the only way to tell these two guys are paramedics is 1) they're leaning on the ALS gear, and 2) the guy on the left is a Single Function Resource medic. If it wasn't for the gear and the blue helmet, they'd be unidentifiable as medics from the rest of the Firefighters on scene.

Mike

Ok I know this is not how it is. But what the FF dress paramedic had the paramedic log on back of the turn out gear. I know that not how it is. But to do as you suggest we have to do something to make it easy to tell in the game.

Mike

i know there is a red helmet group.. ive seen them in LA before. wat is there rank?

How about having paramedic be able to change into turnout gear with a blue helmet. They could have a measure of protection from the fire and they could heal. They would be able to use fire extingushers and such, but not hoses and cutters. This still doesen't solve the problem of a paramedic FF though.
Make them firefighters with the 'Heal' command. And give firefighters the 'Get Stretcher' command? I'd be up for that.

Make them firefighters with the 'Heal' command. And give firefighters the 'Get Stretcher' command? I'd be up for that.

The Heal command is easy to put together in the editor. So is the Get Stretcher command if Im not wrong.

Guest Traft_Carissan
You mean the sound not light, right?

You can uploud this filer to all :)

Ok I am trying to take them because I've taken GTA 3 and GTA Vice City. xD

And I have to modify them to remove the sound of car engines and the sound of the environment of the game ^ ^.

Wow Please HOPPAH make this vehicle to your mod it would be awesome.

HUMMER

It looks nice. But it appears that truck is out of service.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79829321@N00/2661841467/

This appears the be the current Brush 109 which matchs what in the mod.

Photoshop. Its easy, takes some time to do a whole car though, well at my skill level anyway. Dont ask how to unpack the .dds files though, dont ask how to open .dds files in photoshop either. Search for it instead.

Anyway:

unmarkedzy0.th.jpg

Hoppah, theyre yours if you want them.

so you used photoshop to take the pictures and what did you use to make the new textures and paint job