Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

Can Hoppah add these LAFD fire vecheles.Go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/lafd/327704261/

What units specifically are those? What does each units do? And what purpose would each one serve in the game?

If you can't answer those questions and simply want new units, you can guarantee an unpleasant reply by the contributors of the mod.

Guest lord_bonev
i have a question would it be possible to only open one bay of the fire station at a time so you could just let a ambulance out or a fire engine not having to open all five bays

This is good :)

I might have asked this before, I don't remember getting an answer. Sorry if it's repetative. Is there any way to distinguish between 800 series ambulances (BLS) and ALS? It would add to the realism to have BLS and ALS ambulances. Also, can we get a rough idea of how LAFD/LAPD dispatches for each type of emergency? For example, what resources they'd send for a structure fire, explosion, hazmat, sniper, bank robbery, etc. Also, can you make some more fires a bit more difficult to extinguish, as in real life?

Mike, you addressed the ideas concerning LACoFD, but what about private ambulances? I personally remember responding into LA City with AMR. Any chance these would be added?

On the subject of ambulances, does RA 66 still have the freightliner?

Mike, off the subject of the game, can you get more photos of LAFD stations? I'd like to see how some of the larger stations are laid out. One last thing, are you a FF or specifically the photographer? Do you know about LAFD and LACoFD recruitment? I don't mean the typical brochure stuff, I mean details. I'll PM you later if you do.

Thanks Hoppah and Mike. Great job on everything done so far.

Oh, one last thing, can we add some different calls, too? Maybe a gangfight with multiple gunshot wound patients, an overturned truck carrying hazmat or combustible materials, or a building collapse in freeplay involving the USAR a bit more. Have some of the more realistic calls that don't exist in the game replace the funky ones like bird flu or a green cloud floating over the city. Everyone knows the cloud is brown and it's always there :)

Oh, one last thing, can we add some different calls, too? Maybe a gangfight with multiple gunshot wound patients, an overturned truck carrying hazmat or combustible materials, or a building collapse in freeplay involving the USAR a bit more. Have some of the more realistic calls that don't exist in the game replace the funky ones like bird flu or a green cloud floating over the city. Everyone knows the cloud is brown and it's always there :)

Hehe i hate the bird flu call !!

no, i meant the LACoFD for missions mainly, like the forest fire one etc.

and remember awhile back for the shotgun idea? well, i think itd be useful for rabid dogs, one shot one kill by one officer instead of making a big ordeal out of it with two officers with pistols (or more, depending on how it escalates)

you could just use a sniper, but would a sniper really be on scene for that?

I know this has been suggested before, but I think a fire command vehicle would be cool. Just use the MCU model for a base. It would carry lots of equipment, would carry fire chiefs, and would have all the Command Panel buttons. It would also have stuff like Buy Firefighter, and Buy Firefighter/w SCBA

i have a question would it be possible to only open one bay of the fire station at a time so you could just let a ambulance out or a fire engine not having to open all five bays

I don't know if adding 5 buttons to the menu that is already cramped is such a good idea. The game already has that feature for the most part anyways, if you keep the doors closed, call for the unit via the chief or PD and you'll see that individual door rises and closes.

Can Hoppah add these LAFD fire vecheles.Go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/lafd/327704261/
Those units are more fire trucks to put out fires.

Wow... Ummm... I know I should just ignore this but ... you just don't have a clue at all do you? Really... You don't.

Just for the sake of adding some info here instead of just pointing out how clueless you are, from left to right

Bike Medics for use at special events, Chiefs vehicle, gator atv for use by medics at special events, Brush patrol, Hazmat tender that is just a big truck to carry additional gear for the hazmat squads during a large incident, Rehab Air Tenders, USAR, and the newer Command Post.

Not a single one is a "Fire Truck", only the brush patrol would be involved in active fire suppression and it's already in the game.

I know but in that mission i can't use the LAX fire vehicle and the police helicopter...

If you download and install the mission patch you will be able to use the LAX Crash vehicle and Rescue Ambulance on both airport missions and the LAWA (Los Angeles World Airports) PD will be included in the next missions patch as well.

I might have asked this before, I don't remember getting an answer. Sorry if it's repetative. Is there any way to distinguish between 800 series ambulances (BLS) and ALS? It would add to the realism to have BLS and ALS ambulances.

Yes there is, and I'm just going to leave it at that. Like I said earlier, there will be a complete and dynamic change in the use of EMS and Fire units in the game. How it will be implemented and what units will be included and changed, well, enjoy the 1.6, it just came out :)

Also, can we get a rough idea of how LAFD/LAPD dispatches for each type of emergency? For example, what resources they'd send for a structure fire, explosion, hazmat, sniper, bank robbery, etc.

That is already included in the game, it was the first thing I ever did on this board :) Include tool tips, I beleive, and then mouse over the dispatch in the window that pops down when you press tab and you'll see:

CAD recommends 1 Chief, 3 Engines, 1 Light Force, EMS Supervisor and Paramedic Ambulance for all Residential Structure Fires. Add an additional Engine and Light Force for all Commercial Structures. Request PD as needed for traffic control.
Also, can you make some more fires a bit more difficult to extinguish, as in real life?

Freeplay will be altered in many ways. 1 thing that must be understood is that freeplay events are hard coded. Things like a building collapse don't already exist so they will probably never exist. Fires, Accidents, and such can and will be modified, but don't expect anything shocking like a child in a sewer pipe or storm the crack house calls.

Mike, you addressed the ideas concerning LACoFD, but what about private ambulances? I personally remember responding into LA City with AMR. Any chance these would be added?

That's for Hoppah to decide and with as much on his plate, I have no idea if its in the works or not. He's mostly concentrating on the LAFD and LAPD right now and I've laid a ton on his shoulders to do and he's responded remarkably. The work he's done is just astounding.

On the subject of ambulances, does RA 66 still have the freightliner?

Nope, all of the freightliners ended up in the shops and I believe they're torn down/torn apart or just gone.

Mike, off the subject of the game, can you get more photos of LAFD stations? I'd like to see how some of the larger stations are laid out. O

No two are identical, which is one of the fun aspects of being in the fire service. Each one is built to fit into the area where it exists in both style and function. To see photos of the new stations being built and photos of what is being replaced, check out this amazing site that details exactly where the Prop F money is going to and the new stations. The latest is FS43 in Palms, which either opened up last weekend or will this weekend.

One last thing, are you a FF or specifically the photographer? Do you know about LAFD and LACoFD recruitment? I don't mean the typical brochure stuff, I mean details. I'll PM you later if you do.

Feel free to msg pm me or email me via my website.

Thanks Hoppah and Mike. Great job on everything done so far.

You're welcome

Guest KingNikan

I belive there are too many Vehicles we dont need. Liek the LAX Vehicles they are just space taking we could replace them by diffrent Vehicles or 2 SWAT Vehicles jsut keep the Bigger One

I belive there are too many Vehicles we dont need. Liek the LAX Vehicles they are just space taking we could replace them by diffrent Vehicles or 2 SWAT Vehicles jsut keep the Bigger One

Just because you don't need them and find them useless... wow you tell there are too many vehicles, but still you want them replaced?! So hmm what is the problem now, you want other vehicles or are there really too many?

Wow I jsut got an headache

In fact, just leave it like it is, what the fuck do I need with 500 police vehicles

Now that I turned my tooltips back on, doesn't LAFD respond an engine and an RA to medicals? Which medicals does a bls rig respond to as well? Is the jaws staying on the engine in v1.7? If it's not (for realism), then the USAR would make sense at station 2.

Is the jaws staying on the engine in v1.7? If it's not (for realism), then the USAR would make sense at station 2.

I'd really suggest reading the correct thread about the next version - you may just find the answers to your questions.

Yes there is, and I'm just going to leave it at that. Like I said earlier, there will be a complete and dynamic change in the use of EMS and Fire units in the game. How it will be implemented and what units will be included and changed, well, enjoy the 1.6, it just came out :)

OMFG, GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME(GIMME GIMME GIMME)

Now that I turned my tooltips back on, doesn't LAFD respond an engine and an RA to medicals? Which medicals does a bls rig respond to as well? Is the jaws staying on the engine in v1.7? If it's not (for realism), then the USAR would make sense at station 2.

The response matrix is based on numerous factors including type of medical cal (level a through d)l, location of the nearest ALS or BLS unit, and even weight of the patient can be considerations. A sick person might get just a BLS RA, whereas if there is a delay in the nearest RA on scene, the nearest BLS unit, Engine or Light Force will respond with the 800. An ALS call might get just an RA, or it might get an RA and an 800 or an RA and the nearest BLS fire company.

As for the jaws, that's been discussed a few times here and on the main thread. They will be removed from the Engine companies and will remain on the Heavy Squads, USAR, and Trucks.