Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

An idea for a couple of vehicles (sorry if this has been mentioned before):

1. Swift water rescue vehicle:

2. LAFD Command Vehicle

Well these ideas haven't been said no to outright, I, and MikeyPI when he comes back, are personally hoping for a revamped boat system in the not so near future. Same with the Command Unit. It's also on the list, though it may not be used quite how y'all are thinking, but it hasn't been dismissed :) The only thing that gets dismissed outright is just saying add this. We want to know why you want it and how you want to use it like james did. It helps us flesh out the useage, entry points, and many other factors that go into implementing a new unit.

Also, (i did use search for this, a bunch of posts appeared, but it wouldn't highlight what i was looking for) what about changing the way vehicles get damaged by gunshots? (I'm mainly referring to people who run around with a gun) I was thinking of making it so that instead of the vehicle blowing up, it would become immobilised, then damaged and have to be repaired by an engineer, or removed by a tow truck (i think it would be better than always sending a SWAT truck to a scene).

I think removing the ability to blow up the cars is stupid, but should only happen after a long time, or if the suspect has a stronger weapon.

Personally I think this is an intriguing suggestion, especially since LAPD cars come with ballistic armored panels since the Northridge Bank robbery. The whole point is that you SHOULD hide behind the car when being shot at. Not run away and run away from everything explosive. There are various ways of doing this and if hoppah, who is swamped at the moment, doesn't look into it, I might put that on my to-do list.

i have an idea, actually 3 idea's:

Idea #3 (unit)

CSI

Greezt, gamer1368

As said before, CSI really doesn't have a place in this game. It's more focused on "first responders" then on investigation, overhaul/salvage, and other parts that involv extended time on scene and effort. Also the LAPD's Scientific Invetigative Divison isn't like the CSI's on tv. They are not officers, and they usually just respond in pretty plain vehicles. They just collect evidence under the direction of the detectives and that's about it. Since we solve all of our cases by arresting the bad guy quickly, there really isn't a place or need for them.

Can police officers carry Teaser Gun in the game just like in real life?

Please use the search button for the discussions on tasers.

Guest pappy02us

I have a suggestion mostly for realism. I was just playing and noticed that the police do not automatically return fire when shot, but suspects do. Is it possible to add the return fire script from the suspects to the police?

I have a suggestion mostly for realism. I was just playing and noticed that the police do not automatically return fire when shot, but suspects do. Is it possible to add the return fire script from the suspects to the police?

Only in missions. :)

What about this:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

People can gain a maximum of 2/5 health bar, when not in ambulance(in ambu it expands to 3/5).

Cops can use first aid in top 2/5 to decrease damage rate.

FF/EMT can heal within 1/5 of top, and stabilize in top 1/2

FF/EMT w/ SCBA can heal within 1/8 of top, and stabilize in top 1/4.

FF/EMT w/ stretcher can heal within top 1/5, and stabilize in top 1/2

FF/PM can heal within top 4/5, and stabilize all health levels.

FF/PM w/ SCBA can heal within top 2/3, and stabilize 5/6.

FF/PM /w stretcher can heal within top 4/5, and stabilize all health levels.

EMS Captain can heal within top 4/5, and stabilize all health levels.

Fire Chief can heal within top 2/5, and stabilize in top 2/3

ALS ambulance can heal all levels, and stabilize all levels.

BLS ambulance can heal top 4/5, and stabilize all health levels.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: ALS ambulance, and FF/PM are only people who have defib powers. Also FF/PM can take off turnout gear for slight speed boost.

And that wraps up my idea. BTW all PD units are under cop. Besides army.

The idea isn't that bad, but the EMS system has been changed for v1.7 and it doesn't really fit in.

When v1.7 has been released think about your idea again. There is already something similar in v1.7 now.

BTW, changing your fractions (lik 4/5) to percentages is easier to read and understand. 4/5 is the same as 80%. :)

The idea isn't that bad, but the EMS system has been changed for v1.7 and it doesn't really fit in.

When v1.7 has been released think about your idea again. There is already something similar in v1.7 now.

BTW, changing your fractions (lik 4/5) to percentages is easier to read and understand. 4/5 is the same as 80%. :)

1.7 would supply the base.

I really like the idea of a LAFD commad post that was suggested early.

I really think like in the mission of the barn burning or wild fire it would help a lot.

Also I wanted to know if it is possibile to create a tanker that does not have as many

spces for people but with the command center together, where you get units from,

you could have on the tanker like 6 or 10 hoses.

Just a suggestion.

I would like to see a tanker, that could have many hoses hooked up to it, and no especially with the wye gate, you can have maybe16 connections, or maybe just 8, because that would help alot in the event of a large fire, like the gas explosion across from the station 1, that's a real pain, you never have enough hose conections :P

Not sure if this was SF of LA, but I seen something like an open tanker(one where you can see the tank) and it could carry A LOT of water.... and ahd many hose connections. Give me a minute while I try to find pictures, and no it isn't in my history, I had to wipe everything because of virus -.- DO NOT DOWNLOAD XP GUARD or Anti Virus XP 2008, they are Rogue, and kill your computer... And neither did I, a backdoor via my brother did -.-

I would like to see a tanker, that could have many hoses hooked up to it, and no especially with the wye gate, you can have maybe16 connections, or maybe just 8, because that would help alot in the event of a large fire, like the gas explosion across from the station 1, that's a real pain, you never have enough hose conections :P

Not sure if this was SF of LA, but I seen something like an open tanker(one where you can see the tank) and it could carry A LOT of water.... and ahd many hose connections. Give me a minute while I try to find pictures, and no it isn't in my history, I had to wipe everything because of virus -.- DO NOT DOWNLOAD XP GUARD or Anti Virus XP 2008, they are Rogue, and kill your computer... And neither did I, a backdoor via my brother did -.-

The tanker you're talking about is called an elliptical tanker, and it's mostly used in rural areas. It's been discussed on this forum before. LAFD has a couple aging tankers, and LA Parks and Rec Dept have a couple as well. They are rarely used in LA City. Also, tankers are mostly meant for the delivery of water to the engines; they do not have extra hose connections for the delivery of water onto the fire. You might be able to make one or two hose connections from a tanker, but not 8-16. The times I've seen tankers used, they usually dump their water into a large reservoir for the engine to draw from, as they go and retrieve more water.

The tanker you're talking about is called an elliptical tanker, and it's mostly used in rural areas. It's been discussed on this forum before. LAFD has a couple aging tankers, and LA Parks and Rec Dept have a couple as well. They are rarely used in LA City. Also, tankers are mostly meant for the delivery of water to the engines; they do not have extra hose connections for the delivery of water onto the fire. You might be able to make one or two hose connections from a tanker, but not 8-16. The times I've seen tankers used, they usually dump their water into a large reservoir for the engine to draw from, as they go and retrieve more water.

Spaloo is spot on once again. Even the County, which is big on tankers due to areas such as Palmdale/Lancaster, Malibu and Topanaga Canyons, and other rural areas without good water supplies, doesn't have anything remotely like what you all are suggesting. You can see a full walk around of LACoFD WT70, one of the newest and largest in the Counties fleet, here. Notice the small pump panel and hose connections, and such. Mostly it is just a water shuttle to refill engines, not to fight fires from. This allows rigs to stay in place using their tanks, and the WT goes back and forth, usually in conjunction with another WT or another Engine to form a daisy chain of water replenishment.

Mike.

One more idea before I head off to work...

A Dispatcher.

A person or something like a radio antenna, or that strange flashing stand next to the fire station (something stationary, in a central location), that you can click on that has all the "send" commands. You can send PD, EMS, FD, even city services to a location using this "dispatcher". It'd be very similar to the send functions of a battalion chief, but maybe with the addition of a couple other "send" commands (SWAT, city services, maybe even mutual aid like the LACoFD squad, etc).

So Hoppah, waddaya think? :popcorn:

like in winterberg?

and i think that the USCG chopper should have a USCG diver, same as LAFD but with a dif skin. it would make it more realistic as well as help with some rescues. and maybe it could be rapelled to the ground like the engineer?

(i was playin multi with a couple friends yesterday and got a Person with a gun in the woods in the left side of the map, right by the edge, and it was next to the river, and extremely hard to get to (barely managed to get a LACoFD truck there) and a woman who was camping with the guy was blown into the water after their jeep blew up; that one was bugged and she was standing on water and couldnt be picked up by divers, and the boats couldnt have got there because of the bridge (not the train bridge) that sits at water level. i tried using the USCG heli and the rescue heli, but nothing worked.

i would love to see that diver.