Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

What are your thoughts for only allowing the engines (1 & 2) a preset amount of water and making them hook a hose up to a fire hydrant or tanker to continue pumping water. They would have enough water for small grass fires, car fires and a pretty good attack on structure fires, but for the long fire calls they would need to hook to a water supply. It would be more realistic and wouldn't be that hard since hoppah's addition of the Y connector for the fire hoses.

Limiting water supply and hooking up vehicles to hydrants is still not possible in Emergency 4.

How about instead of the current hose reel (for lack of a better term) we have something like this, or this. I dont know if the equipment can be remodeled so I'm just throwing these out there because I've never seen the type of hose reel used in-game anywhere in real life.

I swear I've seen a mod somewhere that had a hose pack close to those...I just can't remember where.I know someone else had also started modeling the various extrication tools... All of which would look awesome in the mod

What purpose would it serve though? Without implementing things like water usage and hose sizes, what do you gain from bringing two hoses to supply one? (In-game of course, not real life)

In game, that allows you to use 8 fire fighters to extinguish a blze instead of just 4, and also with this, that means no more clearing out fire stations plus back-up for a gas explosion. and with 8+the water cannon off a truck, and 2 off each fire hydrant, you can play the game with more ease, plus it is also more realistic :)

In game, that allows you to use 8 fire fighters to extinguish a blze instead of just 4, and also with this, that means no more clearing out fire stations plus back-up for a gas explosion. and with 8+the water cannon off a truck, and 2 off each fire hydrant, you can play the game with more ease, plus it is also more realistic :)

But where would you get 10 firefighters? That is the only problem. Sure, you can have 8 FFs hooked up to the truck but you will need to send 2 trucks to the scene to get 8 FFs and then you have 8 hose capacity with two trucks anyway. It will be fun to play the new mod and figure out all these new wrinkles of the game.

The new connector will be great for distance though, sometimes when fires spread it is a pain to disconnect everyone and move the truck to reach the new fires.

Water tank isn't really possible and would be annoying because you can't connect hoses to a hydrant to supply the engine's.

So when an engine runs out of water you should send it home.

A siamese is just useless, because I haven't even edited the water strengths yet. I might change that later, but I won't add a siamese.

But where would you get 10 firefighters? That is the only problem. Sure, you can have 8 FFs hooked up to the truck but you will need to send 2 trucks to the scene to get 8 FFs and then you have 8 hose capacity with two trucks anyway. It will be fun to play the new mod and figure out all these new wrinkles of the game.

The new connector will be great for distance though, sometimes when fires spread it is a pain to disconnect everyone and move the truck to reach the new fires.

Lets pretend each engine has 20 chainsaws, should it transport 20 firefighters then?

Let me try to explain it again, I didn't make the wye to enable the possibility to have 8 hoses connected to a single engine.

When you need more firefighters for these connections send a second vehicle and you can leave that one further away from the scene, because the first engine has enough connections (including wyes) to fight fires.

You don't have to pack a whole street with engines to fight big fires anymore.

Water tank isn't really possible and would be annoying because you can't connect hoses to a hydrant to supply the engine's.

So when an engine runs out of water you should send it home.

A siamese is just useless, because I haven't even edited the water strengths yet. I might change that later, but I won't add a siamese.

Lets pretend each engine has 20 chainsaws, should it transport 20 firefighters then?

Let me try to explain it again, I didn't make the wye to enable the possibility to have 8 hoses connected to a single engine.

When you need more firefighters for these connections send a second vehicle and you can leave that one further away from the scene, because the first engine has enough connections (including wyes) to fight fires.

You don't have to pack a whole street with engines to fight big fires anymore.

I agree Hoppah and understand fully why you did it and intended to play the mod how you explained, by using FFs from the other engines to expand the capacity of the one engine. I was commenting on the thought that you could send one engine to a call and have 10 firefighters hooked up to it while leaving the other engine at the hall.

Guest Stukov

I was asking the purpose of a siamese in-game, not a wye. I know how they both work in real-life and all too...:P

And as to the hose packs/rolls, I do agree that its weird seeing the way they use them...but I mean, seeing as they don't unroll the hose or anything, it really doesn't matter what pack/roll its using? On that topic, I always wanted to see pre-connects in-game...eliminating the need to grab the hose from the back, then hook it up. You just have a firefighter grab the pre-connect and go. I'd imagine LA's engines have...3 pre-connects? (Well, possibly more...but I'm talking speed lays, if you will) Mike will have to answer that one :/

New idea~!!

New Ability: Roller Things?

Usable by: SWAT

What it does: Lets SWAT get out on the outside of the SWAT vehicle and ride outside for fast deployment.

i think he means like side bars that swat holds on to and stands on like in the movie S.W.A.T where they are training at the airfield il get a pic up

@ Zallomallo:

Your ideas are good and I appreciate the amount of time and details you have put into them (pictures etc..).

But remember, this is not a tactical shooter. This game doesn't really have an AI (Artificial Intelligence), what means persons (including the bad guys) can't think in this game.

They just follow the exact things you told them to do (in the editor or a script) like following a path or doing animation 'wavehelp'. Persons won't duck for cover or for trains which are crossing their paths.

SCBA means Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus, so a gas mask is not even like SCBA gear. A gas grenade would work the EXACT same way as the flashgrenade. Instead of a flash + bang you get gas to stun or disorientate persons.

My scripts are designed to the original EM4 gameplay, what means you get your equipment from vehicles mostly.

I am thinking about changing the MP5 and M4a1 scripts, so SWAT and Nat. Guard have them like the pistols but I can't find a solution to deal with person models (MP5 on belt what should move to the hands of person).

An 'armed arrest script' for the MP5 is hard, because it would involve two steps (kneel then aim) and there are no person animations to get rid of that and person animations can't be changed or made.

A flashlight is useless like it also was in EM3. It would just add a small circle of lights on the ground. The light system in EM4 is VERY basic, because lights don't change the shadow of objects in this game and it would always point the same direction even if the hands or head are pointing in a different one. The light doesn't move with the bodyparts, but with the 'object box' (select an object in the editor and you know what I mean).

Double heal is nice, if I'm not wrong that should be possible with the new EMS system already. :)

Like I said before, you can't change person animations, so 'double hold' is NOT possible.

Having a SWAT team holding the railings (or whatever they're called in English) on the outside of vehicle like this is theoretically possible, but would involve weeks of designing new person models and a very big script (in script language: how to deal with a different amount of persons on outside of each car? how to get them off the car?) and I don't have the time for that. It's useless anyways, because getting 4 persons out of a car already takes 1 second.

Guest [SAP]Francis

Well, I don't like really the idea of being obligated to kneel to shot with a MP5. You should aim (stay up) and have a command to kneel and to stand up. So you can shoot kneel or stand up.

Guest [SAP]Francis

Well, you can create a new ones, right? (You did with the Blackhawk)

If you can, you just edit the AIM command to make it use the new animation. Right?

I might be wrong cause I know C(#/++) but, I didn't try with EM4.

That's why I am talking about persons animations and NOT about object animations.

The persons in this game have 'bones', what means they have a skeleton which are connected to predefened animations which are saved somewhere for ALL persons.

That's hardcoded and can't be changed in any way.

The animations of all other objects just do: 'move vertex 1 to position x,y,z.......'.

If you would do that for each person, the game wouldn't even fit a 50 GB dual layer Blu-ray disc.

Why do I have to explain every little detail? When I say it's not possible it's not....

Guest SeanTate

Didnt notice this until AFTER I posted on the Bug Report section but...

I think the LAFD Hazmat Tent should Be able to Have Multiple Victims Deconned (Decontaminated) at the same time and also if Some HAZMAT Units are stationed inside of the Tent It should make delousing go faster depending on how many HAZMAT Operatives are sitting inside.

Also I Think Federal Agents should be in the "Assign Unit to Vehicle Purchase Screen" with The Unmarked Crown Victoria

The Negotiator should have a Paintjob done for it... After all, If you look at his vest it clearly says "Polizei" and I dont think the LAPD Thinks the General Public is Fluent in the German Language :P

Lastly, if your able to, is there any kind of script that could randomize the numbers on the top o the Police cruisers, because Some times I like to use L.A. County Sheriffs when Assisting my friends with police work, but "It looks to close to the LAPD Cruiser" and thier tiny brains get confused -.-''

I think those numbers are the same not because of extra work, but to able able to tell unit types by just reading a number, like the LASD and LAPD CV look exactly alike except the logo on the side (hard to see) and the TOP number, so with that number I can see it and be like, okay there is my Sheriff.. Which is useful when you accidentally send the sheriff on patrol with 2 suspects in back :P

Nah I sent hoppah a PM recently, he even replied back, anyways randomized squad numbers would be great, I get tired of seeing 101 101 101 102 101 102, it's too repetitive, besides you can tell by the light bars, sheriff has code 3 LAPD has arjent, and the door markings.

Nah I sent hoppah a PM recently, he even replied back, anyways randomized squad numbers would be great, I get tired of seeing 101 101 101 102 101 102, it's too repetitive, besides you can tell by the light bars, sheriff has code 3 LAPD has arjent, and the door markings.

I don't think that's at all possible since the numbers are in the textures. And I don't think you can change textures like while in a game like that and it would be too many texts.

Nah I sent hoppah a PM recently, he even replied back, anyways randomized squad numbers would be great, I get tired of seeing 101 101 101 102 101 102, it's too repetitive, besides you can tell by the light bar and door markings.

He would need to have separate models of each car and then the list of available vehicles would grow out of control. The mod would also take much longer to load as each model would need to be loaded individually into the game.

Guest jacob1029
He would need to have separate models of each car and then the list of available vehicles would grow out of control. The mod would also take much longer to load as each model would need to be loaded individually into the game.

Actually different skins,same model just rename it or something on the lines of that :)