Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

Because of wyes, we can now control hose length. :) Cheaper fire trucks(in 1.7 budget should be an issue) have only the option of the typical rope, but on the more expensive trucks(I dunno?), after you get to the typical rope length(have a script check for distance from the script from the truck), it places a "wye" that can only hold one person and looks like normal rope and is unselectable so you can't even tell it is there! Also a daily pay for your staff? Also make an equipment restriction on all fire trucks like it is in real life, so you can't get 9 med bags from the same ambu(maybe 2), and you will have to call for additional trailers and stuff if you run out. Also maybe even EMT have bags? Also, all equipment should have to be put back in the place you get it, its annoying how only stuff from LA MOD has to be put back. You should also have the option to drop it, but then it is there and annoying. Also finally cops and SWAT should have flashlights that light it up a little(about 2/3 or 1/2 of the engineer thingy).

Thanks for reading, I hope this hasn't been suggested before, I am still learning. Thanks :)

When I went through the Candidate Process for the CHP in 93' it was requirement that all Candidates needed to either have an EMT-1A certification or be able to pass the EMT-1A course that was taught in the academy. Many of my Paramedic Brothers and Sisters left to join CHP during my tenure as a EMT-1A in Central California (Fresno County).

As a reserve Peace Officer in Central California, I provided BLS support on many occasions. We did have a med bag in our trunks but nothing like what we carried in the Ambulance's. Simple BVM (Bag Valve Mask) and some first aid supplies (Triangle Bandage, 4x4s, 2x2s) was about it. I may have been an exception in most cases, however I know when it comes to being a First Responder (Police, Fire, EMS) you accept an inherent responsibility to treat if you have been trained in BLS or First Aid. In the event a family member can prove that you have been trained and refused to carry out your duty, it can be an ugly legal battle, and you are likely to lose.

My .000002 cents worth

Mikayla

that is absolutly right. for many reasons. 1. once you become a police, fire, or emt. you are taking an oath to protect and serve as the great side of the vehicle that you see on every street.,.. with that you are needed to take an BLS class so you are able to better serve IE yourself and the citizens and brother/sisters around you. this goes for alot of city and town police. i was in a small town but the sheriff and town cops were apart of the vol. fire dept. so they have the training. my two cents.

When I went through the Candidate Process for the CHP in 93' it was requirement that all Candidates needed to either have an EMT-1A certification or be able to pass the EMT-1A course that was taught in the academy. Many of my Paramedic Brothers and Sisters left to join CHP during my tenure as a EMT-1A in Central California (Fresno County).

As a reserve Peace Officer in Central California, I provided BLS support on many occasions. We did have a med bag in our trunks but nothing like what we carried in the Ambulance's. Simple BVM (Bag Valve Mask) and some first aid supplies (Triangle Bandage, 4x4s, 2x2s) was about it. I may have been an exception in most cases, however I know when it comes to being a First Responder (Police, Fire, EMS) you accept an inherent responsibility to treat if you have been trained in BLS or First Aid. In the event a family member can prove that you have been trained and refused to carry out your duty, it can be an ugly legal battle, and you are likely to lose.

My .000002 cents worth

Mikayla

Like I said, up north is a different story. :) When I worked in the more rural CDF areas up north the PD tended to be more active in the EMS system simply because response times could be in mid-double digits and some rigs were (and sigh, still are) staffed with just 1 firefighter! Here in the Los Angeles area, where response times for the first fire apparatus is under 5 mins for 90% of the calls, PD tends to maintain a very hands off patient/hand on notebook mentality.

You are correct in that the California Highway Patrol and many other depts put every member through the 48hr First Responder course which, as you can imagine with just 48hrs, is a very very basic class. By comparison for those in other countries or areas, California's EMT-B regulation is over 130hrs, with some areas requiring additional hours, sometimes pushing the lecture to 200hrs for local protocols.

i know its off topic but i saw an episode of Emergency! the other day where some rock climbers fell and were stuck in some really rural county and only the sheriff was on scene as well as some bystanders, and the two firemen came along yadayadayada, the nearset ambulance was one hour away and same with the nearest clinic. the nearest fire truck was even farther away, and the sheriff had a basic first aid kit (the ones u get from Walgreens) and then they all talked about instituting a paramedic program in the county.

sorry lol

just helping prove ur point

i know its off topic but i saw an episode of Emergency! the other day where some rock climbers fell and were stuck in some really rural county and only the sheriff was on scene as well as some bystanders, and the two firemen came along yadayadayada, the nearset ambulance was one hour away and same with the nearest clinic. the nearest fire truck was even farther away, and the sheriff had a basic first aid kit (the ones u get from Walgreens) and then they all talked about instituting a paramedic program in the county.

sorry lol

just helping prove ur point

Keep in mind Emergency! is set in 1970 when the Paramedic progarm was new. Not manly places in the us had paramedic at the time Pittsburgh and LA were about it.

Ok, pardon my stupidity, but I'm confused. Mikayla said that CHP candidates in the early 90's had to be a EMT-1A or be able to pass the course at the academy. Was that kind of a 1 time thing, or are there more than one CHP academy? :s

Not sure what you're question is but let me try and tackle this. The CHP Acad is located in West Sacramento, CA and is one of the most amazing acad's I've ever taken classes at. They still have the requirement that every CHP officer be trained to "First Responder" level (old 1A which is a term no longer used).

Does that answer your question?

WE SO NEED TO ADD THIS >>>>>>>>>>>CLICK ME<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Also, we could add Light Rescue, Medium Rescue, and Heavy Rescue trucks :)

Sorry for posting twice in a row, but I have to ask:

Why do we need to add units that aren't used in Los Angeles? Really? Why?

Having asked that,.... Hoppah has been gracious enough to ask for, accept, and institute many changes asked for in this thread and on these forums. In return for his hard work and effort and time, all he has asked, all any of us have asked, is that you take a few seconds before posting and THINK! Say WHY you want these units, because they're cool is not an answer. Say HOW you want them to be implemented, does it carry something special, does it do anything special, does it do something we haven't thought of? And last but not least.... DO NOT ask for stuff that isn't used in the LA area. If you aren't sure, there is an Offering My assistance thread where you can ask questions as well as the Emergency Questions thread.

If you won't take the time, don't expect us to waste ours.

Mike

Guest KingNikan

Does the LAPD have a Riot Unit?

If yes would be nice if we could add them to the game only as a Person no car and they would be able to be put in any SWAT Vehicle

Does the LAPD have a Riot Unit?

If yes would be nice if we could add them to the game only as a Person no car and they would be able to be put in any SWAT Vehicle

The simple answer is no they do not. During large demonstrations and riots, Metro Divison officers (foot/bike patrols, horse patrols, SWAT and others) would be the main source of specialized personnel, but all officers are trained in crowd control/riot situations. Most officers are issued special helmets with face shields and gas masks during those times and it is the Metro officers who will be armed with tear gas and less-than-lethal devices.

About PD/sheriff/chp having to render medical aid...

Because they fall under the category of "first responder" does not require them to render medical aid. Being dispatched to a call in which someone is hurt does not require them to render aid, either. Is there a duty to render aid? Not necessarily. The reason they are dispatched is to assure scene safety and for law enforcement. Is there a breach of duty if the officer is an MFR/EMT/Paramedic? No, unless the officer's assignment is on an EMS/PD vehicle, which does not exist in LA County (except special teams like swat, helicopter, etc). The breach of duty would come if they were dispatched to render medical aid, which they usually aren't. Their department would not support them if they rendered poor treatment that injured or killed the patient. Their job is law enforcement and safety.

Again, officers can take it upon themselves to render aid, like the fresno county officer stated. Also, I believe they would fall under the "Good Samaritan" law if their assigned duties did not include medical aid, and tney decided to try and help. Their EMT/Medic license would be brought up if they were functioning as such in their normal job function.

can all the new emt type units be deployed from the firestation including the pm captain

All but the EMS Captain can. Since he is not assigned to either station1 or 2, but is a battalion resource, he is not accessible through the control panel.

Some uses for him:

1) MCI: Hot key him in an area, have all ems personnel and apparatus respond to him, and have him call additional units like the air ambulance and additional ambulances.

2) Fire: have him stand by with units from an ambulance or USAR truck in case a car blows up or something bad happens, you immediately have paramedics and personell to get your people out of harms way and start stabilizing and treating and call additional medical units

3) Law Enforcement: have him treat the PD units while the ambulance guys treat the victims and suspect.

4) Many many more, use him as you need him :)

Guest Just_Mikayla
Not sure what you're question is but let me try and tackle this. The CHP Acad is located in West Sacramento, CA and is one of the most amazing acad's I've ever taken classes at. They still have the requirement that every CHP officer be trained to "First Responder" level (old 1A which is a term no longer used).

Does that answer your question?

I am unsure how EMT1-A is thought of as a "48hr First responder class." When I went through it in 1991 (yeah the 90's I am old ok ;) ) it was 120 hrs of class time and 60hrs of clinical/ride-along/emergency Room observation time. We had to pass a County Specific Protocol and Assessment as well as Written Test to be certified. Far from a First Responder course in my book. ;)

As far as answering you question about CHP: It was a standard at that time that all CHP Cadets will either be prior to or upon completion of, EMT1-A Certified.

Mikayla

I am unsure how EMT1-A is thought of as a "48hr First responder class." When I went through it in 1991 (yeah the 90's I am old ok ;) ) it was 120 hrs of class time and 60hrs of clinical/ride-along/emergency Room observation time. We had to pass a County Specific Protocol and Assessment as well as Written Test to be certified. Far from a First Responder course in my book. ;)

As far as answering you question about CHP: It was a standard at that time that all CHP Cadets will either be prior to or upon completion of, EMT1-A Certified.

Mikayla

Looks like that was my error, The old 1A is today's EMT-B standard. I had to dig up my OLD skill sheets to find that. While at the time you thought of joining the great men and women of the CHP, they may or may not have required EMT-1A/EMT-B levels, I can only comment since 95 they have only required their 48hr First Responder course which is taught by the CHPs Emergency Medical Services Unit. You can read more about it, and the 48hr (standard hours for a first responder) course here along with details of where the CHP Academy is going in the near future.

Okay, I have three suggestions

a) when Hoppah has time, it would be nice to see the LAPD helicopter re-skined in the new black and white color scheme that the LAPD is now using.

b) according to the may-june issue 4 Colet Jaguar crahs rigs have been ordered for service at both LA international Airport and Ontario International Airport, and one has been delivered to Ontario. It'd be a cool looking rig to replace the current crash truck if Hoppah wishes.

c) is there anyway to add the ability to carry patients to the LAFD brush patrols assinged to Patrol 47 and 109 have this ability.

c) is there anyway to add the ability to carry patients to the LAFD brush patrols assinged to Patrol 47 and 109 have this ability.

Ummm.. They do? I've been around 109's quite often, haven't seen 47s, but I'm curious where you got that information from. I'd love to see it for myself.

For those who don't know, 109 and 47 got 2 of the new BP's on the last budget order. They're Ford F550 super duty with CAFS foam on the rear and very similar to LACoFD's Patrols.

I have a suggestion.

Would it be possible to do the same thing that you did with the motorcycle officer, with the cars? For example, when you exit someone from a car you can see the get out, like the motorcycle officer. And if it is possible, I know it would be a lot to script.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

The tanker you're talking about is called an elliptical tanker, and it's mostly used in rural areas. It's been discussed on this forum before. LAFD has a couple aging tankers, and LA Parks and Rec Dept have a couple as well. They are rarely used in LA City. Also, tankers are mostly meant for the delivery of water to the engines; they do not have extra hose connections for the delivery of water onto the fire. You might be able to make one or two hose connections from a tanker, but not 8-16. The times I've seen tankers used, they usually dump their water into a large reservoir for the engine to draw from, as they go and retrieve more water.

this video shows how a tanker is used. it pumps water into a resevoir so the pumper can hook up to the resevoir. http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv3WmB3gnHs

Sorry for posting twice in a row, but I have to ask:

Why do we need to add units that aren't used in Los Angeles? Really? Why?

Having asked that,.... Hoppah has been gracious enough to ask for, accept, and institute many changes asked for in this thread and on these forums. In return for his hard work and effort and time, all he has asked, all any of us have asked, is that you take a few seconds before posting and THINK! Say WHY you want these units, because they're cool is not an answer. Say HOW you want them to be implemented, does it carry something special, does it do anything special, does it do something we haven't thought of? And last but not least.... DO NOT ask for stuff that isn't used in the LA area. If you aren't sure, there is an Offering My assistance thread where you can ask questions as well as the Emergency Questions thread.

If you won't take the time, don't expect us to waste ours.

Mike

I wasn't really asking for that crap, I was just showing it off. :)

Hey Hoppah ! i think about that! in the civil section in the editor i see an alien.. maybe it will be a nice mission with those little person . ovni crash .. intervention of the army before the invasion of the alien .. ex we have a couple time to kill them but they're not at the same place so if we kill one the other one can tell his alien friend and now we have a couple time to kill them before the invasion start :P just a suggestion