Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

New Idea!

-------------------------------------------------------------

New Item: CS Gas Grenade

Usable by: SWAT Ftaapolice.png

What it does: Like flashbang, but release large cloud of CO2(stuff inside of buildings which hurts guys without SCBA except instead makes them easy to arrest)

New Item: Gas Mask

Usable by: SWAT, (National Guard?)441px-1930s_gas_mask.jpg

What it does: Basically gives you SCBA protection! (possible)In exchange for the extra helmet protection.

New Ability: Hold More

Usable by: SWAT(National Guard?)SWAT_BLACK_MOLLE_Assault_Tactical_Fighting_Load_Carrier_Vest.jpg

What it does: Allows SWAT to hold 2 grenades(flash or CO2), handgun, and MP5.

New Ability: Armed Arrest w/ MP5

Usable by: SWAT/FBI

What it does: Allows SWAT/FBI to have a greater chance for someone to admit defeat; allows MP5 to be used as a armed arrest weapon.

New Ability: Sling Weapon

Usable by:SWAT(National Guard?) 61013-2wornfront_350x350.jpg

What it does: Allows SWAT to sling their gun behind them to use their grenades and/or handgun.

New Item: Flashlight

Usable by:SWAT/Police SurefireFlashlights-1-medium.jpg

What it does: Allows the person using it to transmit a small blast of light(like a moving engineer light(1/2 as much)). Can be used with pistol.

New Ability: Double Heal

Usable by: Paramedics paramedics01.jpg

What it does: Allows 2 paramedics to heal one person faster(great for multiplayer).

New Ability: Double Hold

Usable by: Firefighterscp73.jpg

What it does: Allows 2 firefighters to pick someone up and walk quicker then with just one person.

I hope you liked my ideas.

I didn't find any post concerning this, why not have seperate ALS and BLS commands for people on scene, instead of a general EMS command which might call a BLS when you need an ALS?

The EMS captain and the battalion chief can either call a BLS rig or a ALS rig. The cops still call the closest RA though, be it ALS or BLS

Guest chevyrulzs2010
First, please see this post for the answer regarding alarm codes. Second, the whole point of the game is that you are also the dispatcher! It is up to you to decide whether or not you send every unit on the map, just a few units, or spread it out by leaving some units in the station and calling units from off map instead based on the area of the fire. For example, say the car accident or fire is next to the entry point, do you want to deplete your stations or use the nearest units? Or say its a brush fire in the park, do you want to deplete your stations when the ANF engines and brush patrols are closer from off map? There are a thousand ways to handle each call, but as for easier or more realistic, leaving the decisions and choices up to you I feel is the best way.

See this post and this post and search for hydrant for others.

ok, well water limitations cant be possible, BUT, you would make it like the fbi vehicle or the ladder truck, when you have a firefighter hook a hose from the engine to the hydrent, that vehicle cant move, well when the vehicle is deployed some commands become avalible and some unavalible, so you would disable the deck gun when it isnt hooked up, when the vehicle is hooked up then you can use the deckgun command. i believe this is possibe, and if i knew the scripting language, then i would make it, but since i dont know the language i cant. (yes i can read a script and make sense of it, but havent taken the time to learn it)

The EMS captain and the battalion chief can either call a BLS rig or a ALS rig. The cops still call the closest RA though, be it ALS or BLS

I could not find that info billy, thank you for answering my post.

Guest killgame
What it does: Allows the person using it to transmit a small blast of light(like a moving engineer light(1/2 as much)). Can be used with pistol.

You have many great idea, but many are very difficult to realize.

For the light with pistol, you need a new animation because the pistol is always above. It's possible to have a light but with no gun.

What it does: Allows 2 firefighters to pick someone up and walk quicker then with just one person.

Yes it's more realistic. But i don't know if it's possible to realize this (difficult)

And in the "lift script" they don't have a animation line. It's possible to replace the animation for "lift"?

Guest [SAP]Francis

This could be easily scripted - Just add a special light to all of the units and adapt the directional light script for units. And then, make a command out of it. And then it's done. :)

One suggestion: A searchlight for the USCG Jayhawk, good? Tried it but the light is only stopped on the end of the heli's model. Making it quite ugly lol.

Guest Stukov

What purpose would it serve though? Without implementing things like water usage and hose sizes, what do you gain from bringing two hoses to supply one? (In-game of course, not real life)

Guest Stukov

Which would require implementing essentially a new size of hose (ala 2.5in)...I like the idea, but the real question: would it be possible? I'm afraid to ask :(

Guest medic534

What are your thoughts for only allowing the engines (1 & 2) a preset amount of water and making them hook a hose up to a fire hydrant or tanker to continue pumping water. They would have enough water for small grass fires, car fires and a pretty good attack on structure fires, but for the long fire calls they would need to hook to a water supply. It would be more realistic and wouldn't be that hard since hoppah's addition of the Y connector for the fire hoses.

Also, I would really like to see the batallian chief vehicle able to patrol. Mabe its not realistic that they "patrol" but Im sure they are driving around town doing this and that.

Is there any way to add the option (such as Em3) to install a command post for police and fire where the chief stands next to a tent?

Guest [SAP]Francis
One suggestion: A searchlight for the USCG Jayhawk, good? Tried it but the light is only stopped on the end of the heli's model. Making it quite ugly lol.