Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

Really? I thought that I once stabilized someone without having a medic look at them and they were able to transport? Not sure though, but I'll take your word on it. In that case, you'd need a medic on scene certainly. Kind of defeats the purpose of BLS?

Not necessarily. You can use the engine as the ALS unit, and have the BLS ambulance transport. That way your medics are available while the BLS unit transports the patient. If you really want to be realistic, the paramedic would have to go into the BLS unit to transport an "ALS" patient (or a critical patient in the game). Mike, does LAFD have a medic assessment engine follow up to the hospital in an 800 rig if there are no medic RAs available in the area? How does the fire dept get away with having just 1 medic on their "paramedic assessment" engines if the county requires 2 to be an ALS unit?

Not correct, the Stabilize command checks the patient for its health and sets 'DrainLife' to zero.

If the patient is below a certain health level, you need a paramedic and then transport, otherwise you can transport it immediatly.

Cool. I never had any luck with transporting without a medic assessing the patient. I'll have to try it on the next relatively healthy patient.

Guest Stukov

Thanks for clearing that up hoppah. Just out of curiosity, will the mission text be updated to say if the call is ALS or BLS? Just one of those little things that would be cool

Not correct, the Stabilize command checks the patient for its health and sets 'DrainLife' to zero.

If the patient is below a certain health level, you need a paramedic and then transport, otherwise you can transport it immediatly.

I did not know that...obviously. I'll try it out next game I play.

Thanks

Thoughts on the new BLS/ALS ambulances:

When you click the "Goto to Hospital" button on a BLS ambulance, the emergency lights and siren should be off for the trip back to the Hospital.

Would this be a typical behaviour Mike?

They ain't impossible to script. Just timeconsuming and hard work. I would like to do it, if I knew how.

That means you not wanting to try or don't want to work on it? Some of you other scripters can make the script.

Yes, it will take time. But worth it at the end when its finish. Hoppah maybe use your script if it works well.

I wouldn't give up a idea if no one even try to make the script in full. Their are hardly any easy script to make.

Now than ever the new script is going to be harder because the mod been around a long time. Easy is almost gone...

I think it should take like 20 seconds for the FFs to come out after the alarm. Not instantaneously.

Please see this post as to why it takes the time it takes.

Thoughts on the new BLS/ALS ambulances:

When you click the "Goto to Hospital" button on a BLS ambulance, the emergency lights and siren should be off for the trip back to the Hospital.

Would this be a typical behaviour Mike?

Depends on the status of the patient. BLS runs can be emergency transports that require no ALS intervention but are time critical . The default is lights and sirens because the behavior of the vehicle is to go around traffic and through lights. The great thing about the mod is that hoppah has made it so you can change the default setting of the lights by turning off the automatic lights and sirens. They will still respond with lights and sirens when dispatched via the BC or PD, but will respond to the hospital with lights and sirens off if you wish.

Nothing that needs to be changed in game, you already have the controls at hand to make it how you want it. Hoppah had the foresight to include that to compensate for everyones wishes.

An idea for a couple of vehicles (sorry if this has been mentioned before):

1. Swift water rescue vehicle:

lafd_swift44.jpg

This vehicle would be useful for carrying divers quickly to incidents where the are required (thus the word "swift"), i'm not sure what equipment they carry but I assume at least fire extinguishers.

2. LAFD Command Vehicle

lafd_command3_1.jpg

It could operate similar to how your FBI Command vehicle works. You can buy FF/EMT, FF/PM, divers and other fire units from it. And when firefighters enter the vehicle it will heal them (so long as the health bar is not in the red). This would be quite useful at large fires where some of your firefighters might have been injured or where you find you need more firefighters and no more vehicles are available.

Regards

James

I highly doubt this is possible, but what about making the searchlight on the LAPD helicopter move, instead of it being perfect above its target?

Also, (i did use search for this, a bunch of posts appeared, but it wouldn't highlight what i was looking for) what about changing the way vehicles get damaged by gunshots? (I'm mainly referring to people who run around with a gun) I was thinking of making it so that instead of the vehicle blowing up, it would become immobilised, then damaged and have to be repaired by an engineer, or removed by a tow truck (i think it would be better than always sending a SWAT truck to a scene).

For example: An attempted homicide suspects running along the street with a gun. Up ahead, two LAPD cruisers are blocking the street and waiting for the suspect. The suspect opens fire on the patrol cars and imbolises one and causes serious damage to the other. The officers return fire and take down the suspects. *fast forward past treating wounded* An engineer arrives to repair the vehicles, but can only repair the imbolized patrol car (could be shot out tires or something). So a tow truck arrives to take away the seriosuly damage cruiser, and another patrol car arrives to take the officers back to base.

I think removing the ability to blow up the cars is stupid, but should only happen after a long time, or if the suspect has a stronger weapon.

That means you not wanting to try or don't want to work on it? Some of you other scripters can make the script.

Yes, it will take time. But worth it at the end when its finish. Hoppah maybe use your script if it works well.

I wouldn't give up a idea if no one even try to make the script in full. Their are hardly any easy script to make.

Now than ever the new script is going to be harder because the mod been around a long time. Easy is almost gone...

No, that means that I can't script. What I meant was if I had know how to script I would had done it, but I don't know how to script.

i have an idea, actually 3 idea's:

Idea #1 (mission)

Homicide just like in EM3

Objectives:

-transport body

-Search scene

-appherend or neutralize suspect

Idea #2 (equipment)

I dont know or its possible

but 'çrime scene barrier tape' wouldt be very cool.

Idea #3 (unit)

CSI LA car +personnel

DSCF4875.JPG\

(something like that)

Personnel:

Crime scene investigator

CSI supervisor.

Greezt, gamer1368

Guest j5mello

Hoppah is already working on three missions for 1.7 you can check the news thread for info.

Crime scene tape can't be done due to engine limitations.

Hoppah has stated that he will not do CSI units as they serve no real purpose in the mod, leading to unit bloat.

Guest medic11716

I should start by saying thank you to Hoppah as you have made the best Emergency simulation that i have played to date and the only reason i play EM4

Now to my question,

Is it possible to mod the sound files so that when your given a call a "tone" or sound is played different from the original? Example being lets say your playing Freeplay and are given EFPRowdy is it possible to play a long "tone" and have a new voice say "District 23 Central, Report of Riot in progress, priority 3(?2?1?), any available units to clear and head that way" "1A1 can take that call" or along those lines?

For me sound is something that makes the environment that much more realistic and fun. When i read mikes post the other day (Pg 158) about his Captain running out wondering where the units were going i couldn't stop laughing. Wouldn't you want to be playing the game have an alarm go off and have the cop or medic reach for the radio to acknowledge dispatch of the call? That would be awesome! and of course they'd never live that one down anyway...

I have changed the fire alarm to my own preference maybe this isn't something you wanted to mod maybe it's not possible and I'm not even sure if LA Police, Fire, EMS use dispatch tones (Mike enter comments here) I can only go by my area and as a EMS dispatcher we use them.

I'd be up for recording voice overs and putting some things together as well i have tons of sound files, better yet maybe mike can get the same ones used (if used) from LA. This is just a thought to try and get some discussion on the subject. i don't even pretend to know what i'm doing when it comes to modding although i try wacko.gif

Again Thank you Hoppah

Tristan

Edited by MikesPhotos
Moved to proper thread & double post merged

Is it possible to mod the sound files so that when your given a call a "tone" or sound is played different from the original? Example being lets say your playing Freeplay and are given EFPRowdy is it possible to play a long "tone" and have a new voice say "District 23 Central, Report of Riot in progress, priority 3(?2?1?), any available units to clear and head that way" "1A1 can take that call" or along those lines?

Tristan

This is a good idea in some regards, and all i'll say for now is that there might be something special along these lines already done for 1.7. :)

Guest lord_bonev
Idea:

A Train inceddent?

A car and 2 trains i hear about it today on news 180 people wounded 2years ago

Or a airplane crash in to the small town or place with more trees and we must to help them, rescue :)

An idea for a couple of vehicles (sorry if this has been mentioned before):

1. Swift water rescue vehicle:

http://www.code2high.com/LAFD/lafd_swift44.jpg

This vehicle would be useful for carrying divers quickly to incidents where the are required (thus the word "swift"), i'm not sure what equipment they carry but I assume at least fire extinguishers.

2. LAFD Command Vehicle

http://www.code2high.com/LAFD/lafd_command3_1.jpg

It could operate similar to how your FBI Command vehicle works. You can buy FF/EMT, FF/PM, divers and other fire units from it. And when firefighters enter the vehicle it will heal them (so long as the health bar is not in the red). This would be quite useful at large fires where some of your firefighters might have been injured or where you find you need more firefighters and no more vehicles are available.

Regards

James

I asked for both before, people said no, but I still would like them, for individual diver transport.

i have an idea, actually 3 idea's:

Idea #1 (mission)

Homicide just like in EM3

Objectives:

-transport body

-Search scene

-appherend or neutralize suspect

Idea #2 (equipment)

I dont know or its possible

but 'çrime scene barrier tape' wouldt be very cool.

Idea #3 (unit)

CSI LA car +personnel

DSCF4875.JPG

(something like that)

Personnel:

Crime scene investigator

CSI supervisor.

Greezt, gamer1368

Why would we need homicide? It is in EM4 Deluxe Freeplay.

Asked many times, no it is not possible.

CSI = Fictional, I think.

This is a good idea in some regards, and all i'll say for now is that there might be something special along these lines already done for 1.7. :)

BITCH DON'T KILL US LIKE THIS!!!