Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

One more idea before I head off to work...

A Dispatcher.

A person or something like a radio antenna, or that strange flashing stand next to the fire station (something stationary, in a central location), that you can click on that has all the "send" commands. You can send PD, EMS, FD, even city services to a location using this "dispatcher". It'd be very similar to the send functions of a battalion chief, but maybe with the addition of a couple other "send" commands (SWAT, city services, maybe even mutual aid like the LACoFD squad, etc).

So Hoppah, waddaya think? :popcorn:

I'm not Hoppah but I have a question about this... Aren't you already the dispatcher? How is that any different then the F1-F4 commands?

Hey Mike, do LA Engines use a discharge on the front of their rigs?

On the front is a 4" suction w/5" pipe and valve.

Guest Estevan

Hey Hoppah,

Now you have the update with te waterhoses etc... I thouhgt it was mabey an idea to ad

a Personal/ material car to the mod. So you don't have to send a whole new fire engine but

a van for more fireman.

And did you thougt about my last idea mission a while ago?

"Some small childs are kidnapped buy a group that sell the childs for illegal adoptions, youre task is to find the childs and arrest the kidnappers"

Btw, nice work!!

Grtz

Estevan

Guest KingNikan

Wouldn't it be More Realistic if the Sheriff Department Cars come from Outside the City not directlyfrom the Police Staion because as i know the LAPD and the LASD have diffrent stations.

SO they should come from outside the Map just like the SWAT

Wouldn't it be More Realistic if the Sheriff Department Cars come from Outside the City not directlyfrom the Police Staion because as i know the LAPD and the LASD have diffrent stations.

That's a good idea.

I'm not Hoppah but I have a question about this... Aren't you already the dispatcher? How is that any different then the F1-F4 commands?

I've honestly never used the f1-f4 commands. I have to try that.

What I usually do is place the batt chief at the corner of the fire station and click on him, click the dispatch info to zoom to the emergency, then use the send command from the batt chief to send the units. What I suggest is an actual dispatcher similar to the batt chief, but with send commands for more units than just light force, engine, police, WT, and ambulance. You, the player, still send the units, but you dont have to individually staff each unit, click each unit, and click near the incident.

Entry points in the game are decided not by vehicle, but by vehicle type. That is why all police cars come from the PD station, all swat vehicles come from the same point, all ambulances from the same point and so on and so forth.

Mike

"Some small childs are kidnapped buy a group that sell the childs for illegal adoptions, youre task is to find the childs and arrest the kidnappers"

Yes, the next mission (mission 9) will be something with missing persons you have to find. I don't know what yet and I can't promise to use your story. :)

There is different entry points for brush patrol and for the engines. They enter by the opposite side.

Yes they do, I know, I'm the one who did that :)

The brush patrol is GTF like the USFS engine which is why they enter from the same point, LAFD's engines are TLFs.

All entry points are hard coded to the vehicle type, GTF, DLK, RW, and so forth. One thing I'm going to try tonight is see what effect making some of the crown vics a different type has.

If it doesn't screw things up, this idea will be implemented.

Hey Hoppah,

Now you have the update with te waterhoses etc... I thouhgt it was mabey an idea to ad

a Personal/ material car to the mod. So you don't have to send a whole new fire engine but

a van for more fireman.

Btw, nice work!!

Grtz

Estevan

vans aren't really used in the U.S. fire department, besides for duties like fire police and other duties that don't really have much to do with actually fighting the fire.

Guest gnorman
vans aren't really used in the U.S. fire department, besides for duties like fire police and other duties that don't really have much to do with actually fighting the fire.

i think he ment somthing like the lacfd crew bus for working brush fires

post-1446-1219540970_thumb.jpg

like in winterberg?

and i think that the USCG chopper should have a USCG diver, same as LAFD but with a dif skin. it would make it more realistic as well as help with some rescues. and maybe it could be rapelled to the ground like the engineer?

(i was playin multi with a couple friends yesterday and got a Person with a gun in the woods in the left side of the map, right by the edge, and it was next to the river, and extremely hard to get to (barely managed to get a LACoFD truck there) and a woman who was camping with the guy was blown into the water after their jeep blew up; that one was bugged and she was standing on water and couldnt be picked up by divers, and the boats couldnt have got there because of the bridge (not the train bridge) that sits at water level. i tried using the USCG heli and the rescue heli, but nothing worked.

i would love to see that diver.

Me too, I would love to see the diver, but instead of just ground rappling, maybe every single peice of terrain, because they can drop the divers in the ocean, and PICK them up, which would KICK ASS!

Actually LAFD has quite a collection of "Plug Buggy" utility trucks and vans. While not used for firefighting, they are used to move personnel, supplies, and equipment around which is what he was suggesting.

Here is an example that I showed Hoppah a bit ago

LAFD-Van-005.jpgand is typical of LAFD's vans.

its probably been said alot already.....but automatic fire alarms would add some realism...not all that challenging...but realistic...and breaks it up a little.

its probably been said alot already.....but automatic fire alarms would add some realism...not all that challenging...but realistic...and breaks it up a little.

The fire alarms has been dicussed before. It will just add frustration to the game. But I personally would like in the mod, for realism and for fun. But Im not the one who decide that.

Guest chevyrulzs2010

I have one idea for 1.7 or 1.8. I think there should be alarm codes. So if it is a call that has to do with possible structure fires, the script would automatically select the 2 closest engines, the closest arial, the closest battalion chief, and the closest medic unit. That would be first alarm, then the BC would be able to call a second alarm, which would be another engine and the USAR, third alarm would be a water tender and another engine, 4th alarm would be a water tender and ect....

i think this would make the game a little easier and more realistic.

Also i think that there should be a command for units to hook up to hydrents, like the engines cant use there deck gun if they arnt hooked to a hydrent or water tender. this is really realistic, my fire engines pump at 1500gpm and they have 1000gal tanks, let see if we want to open up our deck gun our water supply is out in 45 seconds. Also it would effect the people on hoses, they would be able to extinguish faster when the engine is hooked up to a hydrent.

I have one idea for 1.7 or 1.8. I think there should be alarm codes. So if it is a call that has to do with possible structure fires, the script would automatically select the 2 closest engines, the closest arial, the closest battalion chief, and the closest medic unit. That would be first alarm, then the BC would be able to call a second alarm, which would be another engine and the USAR, third alarm would be a water tender and another engine, 4th alarm would be a water tender and ect....

i think this would make the game a little easier and more realistic.

First, please see this post for the answer regarding alarm codes. Second, the whole point of the game is that you are also the dispatcher! It is up to you to decide whether or not you send every unit on the map, just a few units, or spread it out by leaving some units in the station and calling units from off map instead based on the area of the fire. For example, say the car accident or fire is next to the entry point, do you want to deplete your stations or use the nearest units? Or say its a brush fire in the park, do you want to deplete your stations when the ANF engines and brush patrols are closer from off map? There are a thousand ways to handle each call, but as for easier or more realistic, leaving the decisions and choices up to you I feel is the best way.

Also i think that there should be a command for units to hook up to hydrents, like the engines cant use there deck gun if they arnt hooked to a hydrent or water tender. this is really realistic, my fire engines pump at 1500gpm and they have 1000gal tanks, let see if we want to open up our deck gun our water supply is out in 45 seconds. Also it would effect the people on hoses, they would be able to extinguish faster when the engine is hooked up to a hydrent.

See this post and this post and search for hydrant for others.

I remember seeing that several CHP officers were EMTS on a reality TV show not too long ago. I thougt it was just this one officer, until I saw another episode where a different officer with a EMT bag and he said he was an EMT. Mike, any insight?

CHP in LA County generally do not do medical care. If some of them take it upon themselves to help, as a good samaritan, that is up to them. From what I remember, there are no EMT/officers or paramedic/officers in Los Angeles county. I do not know if the CHP air unit is a medical evac helicopter or not.

Also, some of the officers may have EMT certifications, but they are not hired in as medical personnel.

I remember seeing that several CHP officers were EMTS on a reality TV show not too long ago. I thougt it was just this one officer, until I saw another episode where a different officer with a EMT bag and he said he was an EMT. Mike, any insight?
CHP in LA County generally do not do medical care. If some of them take it upon themselves to help, as a good samaritan, that is up to them. From what I remember, there are no EMT/officers or paramedic/officers in Los Angeles county. I do not know if the CHP air unit is a medical evac helicopter or not.

Also, some of the officers may have EMT certifications, but they are not hired in as medical personnel.

Spaloo is nearly correct once again. In many of the more rural areas of the state, some CHP officers will take the class on their own time and usually out of their own pocket and buy a standard galls EMT bag or have the local FD supply them with some BLS gear.

I can't speak for CHP itself, but many of the other law enforcement agencies in LA County require you to go through the EMT-B program before joining special units like boat or swat. This isn't for the citizens safety but for their own 99.9% of the time.

As for the CHP air unit, some are air ambulances and some are not depending on where in the state. Mostly up north do you find the CHP birds staffed with medical personnel simply because they're probably the only one in the area. The Jet Rangers down here in LA and OC are not.

To be blunt, it is a rare cold day in hell when a star in hollywood calls for a cab instead of driving drunk and even rarer when a cop puts down his notepad and provides medical treatment. There are a few out there that have a goodness in their heart and want to help everyone, but it is neither standard nor common.

Mike.

Guest Just_Mikayla
To be blunt, it is a rare cold day in hell when a star in hollywood calls for a cab instead of driving drunk and even rarer when a cop puts down his notepad and provides medical treatment. There are a few out there that have a goodness in their heart and want to help everyone, but it is neither standard nor common.

Mike.

When I went through the Candidate Process for the CHP in 93' it was requirement that all Candidates needed to either have an EMT-1A certification or be able to pass the EMT-1A course that was taught in the academy. Many of my Paramedic Brothers and Sisters left to join CHP during my tenure as a EMT-1A in Central California (Fresno County).

As a reserve Peace Officer in Central California, I provided BLS support on many occasions. We did have a med bag in our trunks but nothing like what we carried in the Ambulance's. Simple BVM (Bag Valve Mask) and some first aid supplies (Triangle Bandage, 4x4s, 2x2s) was about it. I may have been an exception in most cases, however I know when it comes to being a First Responder (Police, Fire, EMS) you accept an inherent responsibility to treat if you have been trained in BLS or First Aid. In the event a family member can prove that you have been trained and refused to carry out your duty, it can be an ugly legal battle, and you are likely to lose.

My .000002 cents worth

Mikayla