Hoppah

Project: New Freeplaymap

Guest Officer LEV

Hoppah love your work, The 1.9 map looks great. I have been reading through this forum for a long time hopeing someone makes a LAPD K9 unit. I am a K9 officer and would love to see a K9 unit in the game. Please consider making an LAPD crown vic K9 unit. Maybe you can use the SAR dog unit and make it into a LAPD officer and a German Shepherd. The dog can chase and help catch fleeing suspects in the game. Sorry for asking and posting off topic, but it seems like the game has every unit from bomb squad, to swat, but its missing the unit that gets used every day in law enforcement, The K9 unit.

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/style_em...ult/23_31_4.gif

Hoppah love your work, The 1.9 map looks great. I have been reading through this forum for a long time hopeing someone makes a LAPD K9 unit.

Hi and :welcome: to the forums.

You aren't the first to make this suggestion. Look at number 32 in this post. Here it is explained why the K-9 un it isn't added. Also while the suggestions topic is closed please refrain from making any new suggestions the LA MOD team is too busy with the new freeplay map to work on new suggestions.

I wouldn't, gun is more threatening. They also don't always have K9 at incidents, unless they can't find the suspect..

I think he means a dog looks more fun than a gun to apprehend a suspect in this game. I agree, but using a dog is more work than drawing a gun. In real life, police dogs scare off most people because they are FAST and scary, but people who are totally not afraid of dogs can easily kill or badly hurt these little puppies with a knife or gun. Just be prepared as soon the dog jumps. Guns are always more threatening in real life.

I dont think he was suggesting it i think he was saying there would be alot more blood in the game with m16's.

Anyway Hoppah, sorry if this sounds too much like a suggestion but once the map comes out, is it possible to add boat traffic in the editor (for personal use )

Question, kinda off topic.

On the taser, is it posible to have a gun that makes a person go down injured at 1000 life points? like a taser/stun gun?

Is it possible to give our Officers snuggies when it gets cold in winter? Very off topic.

Now, I have a real question. Will different cars/ambulances spawn from different places when you call them? Or always from the bridge?

@ Ami: no matter how you call a suggestion, it's still a suggestion. When you say you wish to see something in the mod because it exists in real life, that's a suggestion in my book.

@ everybody else: stop 'playing moderator'. That is what the moderators are here for. We decide what is and isn't off topic and we remind members of the applicable rules. I hate to be that strict, but since this is starting to turn out in a flame war you don't leave me much choice.

Cleaned up topic.

i wish the LAPD had M-16s like they do in real life (street versions). then we could have some fun

I think he means a dog looks more fun than a gun to apprehend a suspect in this game. I agree, but using a dog is more work than drawing a gun. In real life, police dogs scare off most people because they are FAST and scary, but people who are totally not afraid of dogs can easily kill or badly hurt these little puppies with a knife or gun. Just be prepared as soon the dog jumps. Guns are always more threatening in real life.

Agreed on last part, however if i were a wanted felony, and suddenly the warning through megaphone "Please close your doors, LAPD is sending in a K-9 police unit. Prepare for the dog to bite on sight." (They repeat on spanish aswell), i would be scared shitless and most likely surrender.

However let's imagine the situation you are talking about, a felony runs rapidly away from the police, armed with a cooking knife.

Police sends in the dog, and he suddenly attempts to hit the dog with the knife.

In that order the police would draw their weapon and force the suspect to the ground.

Denmark had a situation with three bankrobbers, where a police K-9 units stopped them, afterwards pursued them. The robbers shot 8-10 gunshots towards the officers, and hit the dog. The dog died, however the officers responded fire with unknown number of bullets (But i'm damn sure they fired loads of bullets towards these scumbags).

when is V1.9 coming out, anyone feel free is respond

Read TOS before posting please. You are not allowed to ask for released dates.

To answer your question: Hoppah and the crew are working really hard to get it out Sept/Oct but they can't promise anything.

Well you are new, it's fine to kinda stumble as you get your bearings. Everyone does it. Before asking questions about a mod, check the first post.. Kinda as a rule of thumb, modders will put important info in the first post. If it's not there, use the search function to see if anyone has asked or not. If still no luck, or no answer, then go ahead and post :)