Hoppah

Project: New Freeplaymap

headere.jpg

Release date: September/October 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information

I already announced that I am working on a new project several months ago.

So, hereby I present my project:

A new map based on Los Angeles and made from scratch, what means a lot of time has to be put to make a good map.

There will be many new objects to make the map look American.

To save time, this map is not based on a real part of Los Angeles.

Because creating a new map like this takes an immense amount of time, I will add more information to this topic occasionaly.

As soon the map is playable and full of objects, I will release a beta version.

There is no way I can predict a release date for the beta version, because I can't really tell how much time I still have to put in this project.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details

This map will include:

- The LA River

- A highly detailed bridge

- Alot of new objects

- New buildings (bank, supermarkets, office buildings etc...)

- Small seaport

- Small forest area

Other notes:

- The map won't contain a highway.

- The map won't contain an airport.

- The map won't contain more fire stations, police stations or hospitals than the default LA Mod freeplay maps already do.

- The map won't contain new open/accesible houses (yet).

- The map won't contain new or improved LA Mod functions (no gameplay changes).

- The tunnel won't be accessible.

- The LA River is not accessible (yet).

Civilian vehicles

Not only a new map makes the game look American. New cars are probably just as important.

So MikeyPI is helping me with some new civilian vehicles for the mod. They will replace the original cars in the mod.

Right now, we've added the following civilian cars:

1994 Chevrolet Caprice

2007 Dodge Charger

2002 Honda Accord

2002 Ford Crown Victoria

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe

1989 Ford Crown Victoria LTD

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

2007 Chevrolet Impala

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan

2006 Ford Econoline Cargo

2006 Ford Econoline Passenger

2006 Chevrolet Express

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Thanks to MikeyPI, Carman, Martijntjuh, nfspdf and lash00t0ut for the cars.

The Cadillac DTS can already be found in the latest released version of the mod.

We've planned to replace as many cars as possible for the first release of the map, but replacing all cars will take a while.

Screenshots

The map:

screen01z.th.jpgscreen02q.th.jpgscreen03e.th.jpg

screen04g.th.jpgscreen07.th.jpgscreen09h.th.jpg

screen10z.th.jpgscreen11y.th.jpgscreen12.th.jpg

screen14h.th.jpgscreen14p.th.jpgscreen17a.th.jpg

More screenshots (no thumbnails because max amount of images is reached):

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/1439/screen19.jpg

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/5220/screen18z.jpg

The new civilian cars:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9725/carfleet.jpg

Progress

Stage 1:

New models: 100% (excluding the new vehicles)

Map texture: 100%

Added objects: 100%

Stage 2:

Traffic: 100%

Paths: 100%

Streets: 100%

Events: 95%

Triggers: 100%

Virtual objects: 100%

Stage 3:

Testing: 85%

Stage 4:

Release (date: see above)

mapbig.th.jpg

All newsposts regarding this map will be posted here.

Feedback is welcome.

Hoppah

- The LA River is not accessible (yet).

so that means that you plan on making it accessible before the realise OR that it is not accessible in the first version?

im just thinking that why write that the river is not accessible if it will be accessible when the map will be released?

besides that:

:bia: :bia: :bia:

good luck with the project!

I don't know if I can make it accessible, because the sides might be too steep. It's not important for now.

The reason I added the phrase is to prevent people from asking about it. Same thing for the highway and airport. They won't be added to the map.

Hoppah

OMG :D

It's look owesome :)

i wait for relase :)

keep going

sorry for my english :)

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest cbh84
Looks great, do you think that when you have a structure fire, there could be smoke all around the building. The fire department could have a ventalation fan on the Truck co. This map looks amazing though. What is a beta version.

Mike

Cherokee County Fire Emergency Services

a beta is a test version

Looks great, do you think that when you have a structure fire, there could be smoke all around the building. The fire department could have a ventalation fan on the Truck co. This map looks amazing though. What is a beta version.

Mike

Cherokee County Fire Emergency Services

- The map won't contain new or improved LA Mod functions (no gameplay changes).

Sorry but I am not going to repeat myself again.

No script will be edited for this map.

We don't even have a working beta version yet, the map is not even finished being set up. Eventually once everything is laid out and the map is filled there is still a ton of work to do. Nothing exists yet on the map for pathing, entry points, events, nothing yet. If you try to use it, the game simply will crash. Eventually we will finish a beta Test version but that is quite some time off. Due to the immense work involved no gameplay changes are planed.

nice job look AMAZING!!!!!!! by the way i love the graffiti a very nice detail if i may say so my self well done.

Nice work and kind regards,

Jab16 :sporty:

Ps: don't know if it is possible but because there is a fedex truck mabie you could add a car jacking using i just an idea :gruebel:

Guest MonkeySquasher
..do you think that when you have a structure fire, there could be smoke all around the building. The fire department could have a ventalation fan on the Truck co. ...
...because there is a fedex truck mabie you could add a car jacking...

Guys, this is about the map only, not a suggestion thread. If everyone starts dropping suggestions or pleading for things, he'll close the topic. It's why we can't have nice things. lol :1046276160_schildbacktotopic:

Map looks awesome, Hoppah. Out of curiousity, why no highway? I would figure a straight shot of roadway through the map is easy to make. haha

In short, a highway takes up too much space and is of little use in this game, it is more valuable to have things that are more interactive than a roadway that is mainly just appearance. Not to mention pathing issues that might present trying to get emergency crews onto it to deal with accidents.

Guest andrewonice

From the Speculation Topic:

So I think is is a new map, hopefully.

Awesome, I called it!

Anyway, It looks amazing! Looking forward to it!

Nobody said suggestions and thoughts were off-limits, MonkeySquasher. If we're not allowed to discuss anything other than the map, the thread might as well be locked or relegated to "that looks neat!". Hoppah says he has 15% of the map done and 40% filled; so, if someone has a suggestion it would seem that now is in fact the time.

Weather those suggestions are taken, or even replied to would be at Mr. Hoppah's discretion.

.....and just to keep you off my back, That looks neat! Looking foward to the beta.

I don't know if I can make it accessible, because the sides might be too steep. It's not important for now.

The reason I added the phrase is to prevent people from asking about it. Same thing for the highway and airport. They won't be added to the map.

Hoppah

Didn't Mikesphotos say that the LA river is barely a trickle during most of the year?