Hoppah

Project: New Freeplaymap

Guest Twix623

Now, will this new map run just as smooth as the default map? I'm hoping this map isn't too big that it'll affect my computer settings. I'm not even close to upgrading my rig anytime soon.

New map looks great.

Any concern about that road that runs under the bridge and any potential pathing problems? Like sending units to the bridge and they respond under and get confused, or vise versa. Or have you guys already addressed that?

Guest MonkeySquasher

Yeah, is this map going to just be included in the Mod with the current map, or is it going to repleace the old map and the old one will just be not supported anymore?

About the way it will be released:

v1.9 will be the normal version of the mod PLUS bugfixes, the new civilian cars and some other small changes that are necessary to make it playable with the new map.

So, the new map will be definately an add-on (for v1.9). I just don't know how I am going to do it.

I MIGHT find or buy some .exe creator so I can create an installation procedure where you can select options like:

[x] Install mission patch

[x] Replace freeplaymap with NEW MAP

[x] Replace deluxe freeplaymap with NEW MAP

[x] Replace multiplayermap with NEW MAP

I just don't know if and how I can do that.

Hoppah

v1.9 will be the normal version of the mod PLUS bugfixes, the new civilian cars and some other small changes that are necessary to make it playable with the new map.

So, the new map will be definately an add-on (for v1.9). I just don't know how I am going to do it.

I MIGHT find or buy some .exe creator so I can create an installation procedure where you can select options like:

Hoppah

Dude, you rock! :D

Hi Hoppah and Co.

Congratulations on undertaking such an awesome project. Shots so far look fantastic, and I am sure with the team you have that the end result will be up to or exceed your usual quality and detail.

Best of luck with the project ... looking forward to the results :cheers:

Guest blablaman

Hey hoppah,

thanks for this great news.

but i have one question about a airfield. You told that it wont happened that it will come on the map. Why? because we(see la mod users) can used than the special LAX ambulance and fire engine.

Hoppah

Hoppah, so we will install v1.9 and then have to download the map or will the map be included in v1.9 Sorry but the way you worded this is difficult for me to understand. Thanks Awesome Awesome Job. Is it also possiable to have the river dry when its not raining and running when it is?

Mike CCFES

i

Simply Put: LAX is too friggin big, the LAX vehicles are mainly for the mission patch/Missions in the LA MOD game, not so much designed to serve much purpose on Freeplay. They will not be removed but the airfield is too big to be practically modelled without losing the majority of the map.

The Map WILL BE AN ADDON: This means that it will have to be installed on top of the original mod; Hoppah said he would try to get someone to compile an auto-extractor or EXE to do it for you all. The problem is the civilian cars and the map combined may overtax some user's systems so we wish to keep the mod playable by most users, so we have to omit some of the things to be an addon.

No. It is NOT possible to make the LA river change it's water level depending on the weather. This map is freeplay not a mission, even then you only can alter certain things and changing the water table would end up being overtaxing on machines, so I would not count on that. We are only making a new map, not a whole new game here. It is possible it could work, but most users would not have a machine to support such behavior, not to mention all the extra work that would be required to do this behavior and chances are the game would hate it.

Hey hoppah,

thanks for this great news.

but i have one question about a airfield. You told that it wont happened that it will come on the map. Why? because we(see la mod users) can used than the special LAX ambulance and fire engine.

Because it's too big. Seemed kinda obvious to me. It has absolutely no point to ask about it, because I won't add an airport and all the other things I already mentioned in my first point. Highways are a pain in the ass for pathfinding.

Hoppah, so we will install v1.9 and then have to download the map or will the map be included in v1.9 Sorry but the way you worded this is difficult for me to understand. Thanks Awesome Awesome Job. Is it also possiable to have the river dry when its not raining and running when it is?

Mike CCFES

i

There is no 'so', because - like I said before - I am not exactly sure how it will be released yet.

How about making two versions of the map? One for better computers and one for not as good computers.

We will see about that later. Let me finish the map first and I can always make a light version later.

Hoppah