Hoppah

Project: New Freeplaymap

For everyone in clear text:

Hoppah & Team are unsure about how the install will go, they cannot provide any information on how the installation will be done nor do they have information about instructions for the installation nor do they know how difficult it will be to install it.

From this post on: No more questions about the installation, information will be made available once they have it.

Now, will this new map run just as smooth as the default map? I'm hoping this map isn't too big that it'll affect my computer settings. I'm not even close to upgrading my rig anytime soon.

What part of Maryland are you at? I was in Woodlawn and now Sussex county De. How are you on installing mods? I suck when it comes to setting up for installing mods. Maybe we can communicate another way. Maybe locally. :blah:

Edited by pyrothijs
deleted double post in post

Firstly, Congrats for taking on a task in which not many others have - this is what seperates the LA mod from others is that it's not only one of the most stable but also the developers care!

I see some talk about distribution: Hoppah/The team If you need assistance in creating an installer for the Map or anything else I can assist, feel free to get in touch via private messaging.

Keep up the great work

About the way it will be released:

v1.9 will be the normal version of the mod PLUS bugfixes, the new civilian cars and some other small changes that are necessary to make it playable with the new map.

So, the new map will be definately an add-on (for v1.9). I just don't know how I am going to do it.

I MIGHT find or buy some .exe creator so I can create an installation procedure where you can select options like:

[x] Install mission patch

[x] Replace freeplaymap with NEW MAP

[x] Replace deluxe freeplaymap with NEW MAP

[x] Replace multiplayermap with NEW MAP

I just don't know if and how I can do that.

Hoppah

you can use http://www.clickteam.com/eng/downloadcenter.php?i=10

Thanks for all your hard work, Hoppah. As I said before, if you need any help with details about LA, I'm pretty familiar with it and the emergency services in that area. (Now if I can only con you into building an LACoFD Engine 8...)

To whoever answered it, yeah the LA River is usually a trickle in the center of the massive waterway. It usually contains more shopping carts than it does water. I like the graffiti. Nice touch.

Guest Bulldog

Hoppah. If not been on the forum for a while because of some irritations i had with some people. I need to tell you that your mod looks great and i never had problems with you :) Take your time on creating the mod.. :)

Guest MonkeySquasher

Hey Hoppah, NOT A SUGGESTION, but just wondering if since you're remapping, there'll be an area for Public Works stuff.

Or should I just be quiet and wait to see? haha