Hoppah

Project: New Freeplaymap

Will this also be for Multiplayer?

Here's Hoppah's response on someone elses post.

It will definately replace the original freeplay map to make it playable for everyone.

I might make a Deluxe version with the Deluxe accidents later.

Same thing for a multiplayer version.

Hoppah

Hoppah,

I was just wondering if you were aware of how tall the buildings are in LA since you live in the Netherlands? Down town is really the only place with tall ones. The majority of Los Angeles has buildings no more than 2 or three stories high. Especially in the poorer residential areas. If you need any input concerning realism I'd gladly lend a Hand. :) From the screen shots it looks like you've done a great job so far especially with the bridge area.

This EM4 map is only a FRACTION of a real city like Los Angeles. Tall buildings aren't as cool as they may sounds like. The camera scrolls through them and that causes an unrealistic feeling. They're big and block your view and you can't fight fires on the top of the building anyway.

Guest MonkeySquasher
I have a suggestion, can we have an area for Public Works stuff? Be a man, boy.

lol No, it WASNT a suggestion, because it wasn't needed. A DPW area was already suggested and discussed about long ago, I just wasn't sure if that was just being added now so he didn't have to go back and change stuff later. =P

...but I'd like to see the homeless guys under the bridge too. Maybe I'll reskn a person and have my own submod, just to add homeless people at random points. lol

Well, We won't know until we see it all, but 2 things I would love to see is more cars and people, as well as the ma in general :P

nah, the real second thing I am wondering if it will be added/changed will be the rain, and if it will be like made to be more realistic... I don't think it rains every day in LA

It doesn't rain much LA and I am probably going to change the files to reduce or completely disable the rain on the new map.

I don't like the rain anyway. Same thing for the fog (ugly!) and thunderstorms.

I think that earthquakes should also be removed... They make the game unrealistic...

Too bad LA is near the San Adrea's fault.. the most active region for EARTHQUAKES?

So no, this shouldn't be removed..

It doesn't rain much LA and I am probably going to change the files to reduce or completely disable the rain on the new map.

No Hoppah! Not the fog! Southern California is very prone to fog! And you've gotta keep the earthquakes. Like mentioned were right next to the San Andreas fault.

Just to say something, Swisscow, I got you pegged, I live in the foggiest land mass on earth :P

We also have land rights to the foggiest place on earth, but no on e lives there, because it is the ocean :P

ON TOPIC..

Good to hear about the rain, I hate it's un-realism... especially the cycling, 6 types of weather a day! lol

I had to turn it off

In Emergency! the TV show. There was a huge car crash and they couldn't see very far to reach the 50 car pile up crash. So Fog is big in LA area.

That episode was freak fog. Its never THAT bad.

It would be good though Hoppah, if you would consider leaving the fog. Is it possible at all to generate fog only at night and in the morning? Because thats when So Cal gets its fog.

Guest Zohar

Yeah for example today in San Diego (close to l.a) we had some dense fog in the morning as usual but it burned off by around 10-11 a.m which it is then sunny and warm.

Hoppah, I dont know how you feel about this, but I think the Engines should have a tank gauge that tells you how much water is in the truck. It would have to be refilled. During a structure fire the engine would hook up to a hydrant. This would add so much realism, and I believe it would not be too difficult. Could you consider it after you are done with the map.

Mike CCFES

and does your warning ever go down?

Guest blwoods0
Hoppah, I dont know how you feel about this, but I think the Engines should have a tank gauge that tells you how much water is in the truck. It would have to be refilled. During a structure fire the engine would hook up to a hydrant. This would add so much realism, and I believe it would not be too difficult. Could you consider it after you are done with the map.

Mike CCFES

and does your warning ever go down?

I'm pretty sure it is impossible to do so as the engines are hardcoded to have unlimited water.

Hey, I have a quick suggestion for you Hoppah that may make things easier for you and give you a chance to add an event.

Fill up the LA River with water, most of the year it is empty, but during parts of the year it can fill up and many people are swept away by it. The Random events you can do is the suicide attempt and the car crash off of the bridge, and since it would become a river, you wouldn't have to worry about pathing problems over the bridge and people trying to get under it.

Remove the fog and rain. Fog rarely happens too much in LA. It gets more foggy up in San Francisco, but not in LA. Same with rain.

Good luck. Hopefully, Multiplayer is on the way when you have more time.