Hoppah

Project: New Freeplaymap

Guest MonkeySquasher
The police station scripts have not been changed and I do not see a need to change them, you can obviously manually park a vehicle you wish to have available, but to me it really makes little difference to have a parking space for a vehicle AT the station or to call them out of their building since most of the vehicles can come from the PD to begin with... To setup additional parking takes a great deal of time and in the end probrably would not change much at this time.

I believe the person above me is alluding to my same question.. The PD station will still have the 3 parking spaces outside, right? Just kind of using the same script, but moving the 3 VOs?

That is correct, it is still using the same scripting with the same parking available, that will not be changed at this time, later who knows...

I believe the person above me is alluding to my same question.. The PD station will still have the 3 parking spaces outside, right? Just kind of using the same script, but moving the 3 VOs?

Generally it is easy to navigate the buildings without moving the view... There are currently NO paths what so ever on this map, it is not a tweak on top of an original map, there are no paths what so ever, no entry points, no traffic, no events, nothing at this time. It is simply too early for all of that.

Don't know yet. The beta version won't have new events at least.

New map looks absolutely incredible.

If you decide to do events, you can do some cool ones just being inventive with the car accident event. I've developed a massive plane crash one, if you did that one it would let the crash tender have a purpose.

I'm sure several members of the community would be glad to help with such things.

Guest killgame

Hi.

Great job Hoppah (and your collaborators), this map look pretty cool.

I have two question's for you (or another guy if he can respond to my question's)

For the freeplay map, it's not possible to create new events like gang wars? Because the freeplay map is the only map without script file. (it's hard-coded? script in .exe)

And it's possible to create a script for added new events in freeplay?

Sorry for my approximative english.

Not to be a bother but how many patrool paths with there be on this map? I know on 1.8 there was 3 and on w00d's map there was 2. I like the multiple patrool paths, so the more the merrier for me.

Is there a tutorial for making those?

- Jon

Yeah is there a tutorial? I desperately would like to add some patrol routes on woods map.

Hi.

Great job Hoppah (and your collaborators), this map look pretty cool.

I have two question's for you (or another guy if he can respond to my question's)

For the freeplay map, it's not possible to create new events like gang wars? Because the freeplay map is the only map without script file. (it's hard-coded? script in .exe)

And it's possible to create a script for added new events in freeplay?

Sorry for my approximative english.

I could be wrong but to cut to the chase, no i am pretty sure you cant add whole new events, you can only add the new things like this to the game.

Now weather the map is hard coded or not, which i dont think it is, doesnt really matter because the files for the game are and this is where the files are for what can be done with in the game. But hoopah has imrpoved the LA Mos miles beyond the game so who knows. :P

Guest MonkeySquasher
I could be wrong but to cut to the chase, no i am pretty sure you cant add whole new events, you can only add the new things like this to the game.

Hrm. Perhaps if you told the event to spawn multiple guys instead of one, you could have some sort of 1-sided gang event. But you'd have to add the spawn points and virtual objects, then totally create the event in the scripts. A mission for two rival gangs might be easier than trying to get civilians to work together with other civilains to shoot more civilians though. It's something someone could toy with, but I doubt it's anything Hoppah would want to touch in the near future.

Right now we care only about the map, we are not going to alter/change things that are not related in any way to the map. Creating new events or altering the original ones to be more entertaining Might be possible, but I honestly can't say for sure. Right now regardless it is not a priority. We are not even close to done what all must be done, if it were a simple floor texture and the original buildings we would still take a great deal of time to lay the paths correctly and to manage all the event construction. We are not doing this, we are incorporating new buildings, new objects, custom vehicles specifically for traffic use, and all of this on top of the normal mess of pathing and layout. Some of the old buildings will stick around, because simply we don't want to take a decade here... The areas which we have to cover no matter what are quite time consuming and will take us a great deal of effort to see through...

If the idea is relevant to something ABOUT the map we might be able to work with it, but any ideas outside of the map we simply have no time to do with the current project being so extensive.

There are some alleys on the map... We are going mainly for a Modern look... The map is generic since no one place would ever fit on the map given the size restriction you have to work within. So it is more or less going for the feel of la, not the exact 1/1 of any one location.

Guest killgame

Thank you for your answers.

I have another question, (sorry if you have already answered)

The new freeplaymap is taller or smaller than the deluxe/em4 freeplaymap?

And there are a maximum size for freeplaymap? The size of the deluxe/em4 freeplaymap is the maximum?

I am very curious :rolleyes:

The Freeplay map is the standard size, it cannot be larger than the default map, all you can do is fill the entire map in, which is what we are doing. You may only make them smaller than the default, not larger.

Guest MonkeySquasher
And that's why we're not adding much water, and no highways or airports. They take too much space. An area filled with buildings and alleys and whatever is much better.

BUT... BUT... BUT...

...Okay, I got nothin'. I agree. :cheers:

I'm think the thing I am most excited for is a little foot pursuit, through an alley at about 0200, with two police cars coming in on either end, and an officer running down in adrenaline with his gun drawn, and the pick pocketer trying to escape with all he has...

Well, I can imagine can't I

Real Scenario. I get the call and dispatch one unit, amybe 2 for fun. I order for him to go down, and he complies... Sounded better in my head :)

Still Can't wait to play it nonetheless