Hoppah

Project: New Freeplaymap

The stations will NOT be present on the multiplayer version of the map, perhaps the police might work, if the script was modified, but I do not know if that will occur, the hospital could theoretically work on multiplayer, fire stations can NOT work on the map due to control/ownership issues. We will have to modify the map to remove them and have the traditional entry system from the original game for example due to these issues.

Progress. A screenshot I took in Photoshop of the ground texture. Most area's where you see concrete are done, so the grassy area's are still empty:

screen08n.th.jpg

NICE :cheers-mate:

only one question. is it only me or look the map a little small

(NL) (reden: de schaal als je kijkt tussen de stations en overige )

It looks awesome, like the placment of things. It looks small, because they still got a lot of work to do and it isn't fully filled yet.

it looks small because all map undergrounds are that size, I do believe this is the full underground, its still the same same as the current freeplay map's size. It looks small because it is 600 odd pixels big on a probably 1280x1024 or higher resolution montier. I am pretty sure the underground is completed, they are just adding everything on top of it now

Looks good! What do you mean by Ownership issues? :schreiben:

Player 1 (host)

Player 2

Player 3

Player 4

Who gets what in which spot of the fire station.

It's not smaller. It is the same size as any other freeplay map. That means a ground texture of 8192 by 8192 pixels.

There are 2 main roads and the LA river and bridge are large and also take up a good part of the map. To save time on creating the texture I am adding larger buildings mostly.

Ok, so maybe I was just trying to avoid more illicit activities by hoppah=)

Seriously, the reason why the map appears smaller is that US roads are generally wider than EU equivalent, so where you'll see the four lane Avenues for example, they are if directly compared to the original roads, roughly the size of the highway.... To make the map realistic we scaled up the roads and as Hoppah said, we're using larger buildings, so they will take more space.

You should add a Firefighter Memorial somewhere, like for 9/11 or something...just my thought.

i agree.... like in front of FS1.... would be a really nice touch!

Guest Taylor
You should add a Firefighter Memorial somewhere, like for 9/11 or something...just my thought.

firemanangel2.jpg

Made out of ice, I believe up in Canada. I saw it in the paper.

Fallen Officer memorial for the state of Florida.

memorial-03.jpg

The Sgt. Chris Reyka memorial ride was up there a couple weeks ago. I help out, and did the list of police/sheriff departments they visited.

Martijntjuh* is also working on cars for the mod, but yes some of the new vehicles will be smashed to make unique accidents, in all their purty glory they will be smashed up=)

(sorry for not searching through the thread) Will the new cars MikePI is making be featured in car accidents?