Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

I have no idea how to add limited water to the mod. Supply lines should be possible, but serve no purpose if the engine's already have unlimited water.

Hey Hoppah. Winterberg has had limit water supply with enginees hooking up to hydrants for a while. In fact the ladder has to be hooked up to enginee I believe to spray water. As to how they did that I have no clue.

I think it was something that wouldn't work in freeplay, only in missions....Or something like that....

I may be wrong, but there was a discussion about a while ago.

Edit:

Add A Meter or a Water Level to the fire vehicles that will not permit them to pump water unless they are attatched to a hose or a Water Tanker Truck

This is not possible due to the fact that the game is hard-coded to have an unlimited water capacity for all the fire fighting vehicles, including fire extinguishers. There is no known way around this, so please do not propose it since we can not find a solution around it

Addition: This may be possible in a mission, but probrably does not work in freeplay/challenge.

More or less:

Mission scripts run the entire time allowing many other things to happen that would not be able to happen such as triggers and timers.. Freeplay script is much different as it is much more limiting.

You could make fake this and that in a mission however it is impossible to do that for freeplay, at least as far as everyone knows

More or less:

Mission scripts run the entire time allowing many other things to happen that would not be able to happen such as triggers and timers.. Freeplay script is much different as it is much more limiting.

You could make fake this and that in a mission however it is impossible to do that for freeplay, at least as far as everyone knows

That's the reason some of the bigger mods scripted freeplay mode into a mission script.

Correct.

I cleaned the topic, the last page was only about Winterberg mod Is this Winterberg mod's subforum? No it ain't

And I really don't think that it is just changing two script lines... so good luck changing thousands of script lines

Correct.

I cleaned the topic, the last page was only about Winterberg mod Is this Winterberg mod's subforum? No it ain't

And I really don't think that it is just changing two script lines... so good luck changing thousands of script lines

I never planned to take scripts from other mods myself anyway. :12:

I don't have plans for any new versions yet. Improvements to the new map and other things will be released as patches for v2.0, although I haven't started to work on that yet. The most annoying bug are the disappearing missions which I could not fix (yet). Other than that, there are a few minor problems with the new map. There are also a lot of reported problems which were posted once but never confirmed (by me or someone else).

I don't have plans for any new versions yet. Improvements to the new map and other things will be released as patches for v2.0, although I haven't started to work on that yet. The most annoying bug are the disappearing missions which I could not fix (yet). Other than that, there are a few minor problems with the new map. There are also a lot of reported problems which were posted once but never confirmed (by me or someone else).

I wish you the best of luck in solving the mission bug. In the mean time have you considered releasing LA Mod 2.0 as 2 different versions? One with the original missions and one with the LA Mod missions. This would eliminate the mission bug for now, and install the mission patch as its own mod so people can choose which one to play and dont complain they need to reinstall the whole mod if they apply the mission patch if they want to play the LA missions.

I wish you the best of luck in solving the mission bug. In the mean time have you considered releasing LA Mod 2.0 as 2 different versions? One with the original missions and one with the LA Mod missions. This would eliminate the mission bug for now, and install the mission patch as its own mod so people can choose which one to play and dont complain they need to reinstall the whole mod if they apply the mission patch if they want to play the LA missions.

I would agree with that. I only want the LA Mod for freeplay, so cutting the missions out would speed up the downloading, installing, and startup times

Then it would be better to make a mission patch again. :)

if you don't know what to do in v 2.1 you can create topic suggestions for version 2.1 and members can say what they want in that topic.

if you don't know what to do in v 2.1 you can create topic suggestions for version 2.1 and members can say what they want in that topic.

from past topics, I would say that's a bad idea. I've seen a lot of "suggestion" topics that turn into all out flame wars all because someone didn't like someone elses idea.

Why should I add things which I don't want to add? I didn't say I was out of ideas. I just didn't plan a next version yet, because I want to slow down a bit. I also did some work for another mod. Forensics is right too.

I would agree with that. I only want the LA Mod for freeplay, so cutting the missions out would speed up the downloading, installing, and startup times

I never said scrap the missions. I said release 2 versions. 1 with the normal missions, one with the LA Mod missions.

Then it would be better to make a mission patch again. :)

Well I suppose that would work since you have the exe installer now. I was just saying make 2 diffrent versions so people can have 2 different versions installed.

Gees dont you think Hoppah is more then intelligent enough to come up with that idea on his own?

I never said scrap the missions. I said release 2 versions. 1 with the normal missions, one with the LA Mod missions.

Well I suppose that would work since you have the exe installer now. I was just saying make 2 diffrent versions so people can have 2 different versions installed.

Gees dont you think Hoppah is more then intelligent enough to come up with that idea on his own?

yes, but hoppah is not from LA, so any people from LA can speak what is in LA etc... But Hoppah don't want suggestions... :police:

yes, but hoppah is not from LA, so any people from LA can speak what is in LA etc... But Hoppah don't want suggestions... :police:

L0L

I never heard such a poor argumentation. The internet never existed or something? I can find everything I want over the internet. I just can't check if it's reliable and trustworthy information. That's why we have people like Mikesphotos, who actually lives there, is a fire fighter and can provide the most reliable information to me in person. Actually, my knowledge about LA probably wouldn't be even better if I would there, because I am not (really) involved in emergency services at all in real life. I learned alot from Mikesphotos and many other people and it doesn't matter where I live.

L0L L0L L0L L0L L0L L0L L0L L0L L0L L0L L0L L0L

I never heard such a poor argumentation. The internet never existed or something? I can find everything I want over the internet. I just can't check if it's reliable and trustworthy information. That's why we have people like Mikesphotos, who actually lives there, is a fire fighter and can provide the most reliable information to me in person. Actually, my knowledge about LA probably wouldn't be even better if I would there. I am not (really) involved in emergency services at all in real life. I learned alot from Mikesphotos and many other people and it doesn't matter where I live.

Exactly, most people on here probably know more about the LAFD and LAPD than the majority of people living in LA.