Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Guest chrisla

Hello. I'm new on this site.. I just want to thanks Hoppah for the best mods that he build and ofc to the other many guys that are still working on mod's, etc.. Anyway.. i have only 2 questions: I really want to play EM3 with the LAmod but unfortunatelly the game dont work.. what i can do to play LAmod 2.5 (EM3) with FR:911 ? is possible ? and another thing.. can you put the command "Stand by" to all units? thanks in advance.. thanks to all for their hard work with the mods.. Awesome

Btw, sorry for my english, i'm an Romanian guy :P

No you can't play the EM3 version of the mod on 911FR. And yes, you can put the standby command on all the vehicles by adding the command in the editor. But there wouldn't be much point because the vehicles have the standby command so they can be called with the Battalion Chief/EMS Captain. Even if you added the standby command you would still have to go across the map and select the vehicle and send it yourself.

I like the idea of having multible maps. Also have a retro mod like the 90's mod and than put it on one of the maps. I saw only one engine on 90's mod. I like the idea of adding the water tender to it and putting a Seagrave engine and later truck from the 1990's. Is it possible to have a video of a slow motion step by step on how to do each mod? Like doing reskinning and other things.

Is it possible to have a video of a slow motion step by step on how to do each mod? Like doing reskinning and other things.

Yes, but it doesn't need slow mo lol. There are several video modding tutorials out and I'm going to remake my 3D Modeling Tutorial Video soon anyway. But how does that question necessarily pertain to the LAMod?

There won't be any major changes to the mod for a while, so it's probably better to release all smaller additions to the Los Angeles Mod as patches from now on. These additions will be combined with all the bug fixes ofcourse. This way it's not necessary to redownload the whole mod again for a few small things.

The first new addition which will come with patch 2.0.1 is a new civilian vehicle:

2009audia8.th.jpg

I know it's not really an American vehicle, but it's one my personal favorite vehicles and it definately looks better than any of the original EM4 civilian vehicles.

Hoppah

Guest chrisla

Hello. Hoppah please if u can u can add an new police vehicle ?

Maybe an police bus? to use it for tranport more cops to an accident without calling 3 - 4 cars ? Thanks hoppah.

Great job Hoppah! :12:

Maybe an police bus? to use it for transport more cops to an accident without calling 3 - 4 cars ? Thanks hoppah.

LASD have a police bus, which was in EM3 LA mod, but it was decided to unrealistic as they were only really used for transporting prisoners between prisons. Besides Hoppah doesn't want suggestions.

Nice model, but an A8 isn't the most common car either but will match the other cars more than an R8

I already said that.

I know it's not really an American vehicle, but it's one my personal favorite vehicles and it definately looks better than any of the original EM4 civilian vehicles.

Maybe an police bus? to use it for tranport more cops to an accident without calling 3 - 4 cars ? Thanks hoppah.

A police vehicle to transport more personnel? You're kidding right? The LAPD SUV, LAPD SWAT Heavy Rescue, LAPD Unmarked patrol car, LASD Hummer H2, LAPD SWAT Rescue 1-3, LAPD Helicopter, all FBI and all US National Guard vehicles can carry at least 4 persons.

I hate those lights. As Top Gear says: 'Stupid fairy lights'. :P

I LOVE those lights. :wub:

Is there ever going to be a fix up of the lights on some of the fire vehicles? As you can see in

video, the engine has flashers on the rear above the brake lights, above the rear wheel, immediately behind the rear doors, on the side AC boxes, and on the side right behind the front bumper. Currently the lights are modeled on the two engines but there is no actual light.

The battalion chief SUV has flashers above the front wheels also.

Guest chrisla

Yep, u are right Hoppah, but i wanted an bus that i can park to the police dept.. u know..anyway.. if u can good, if u dont no problem.. i will enjoy it anyway :) Thanks. And btw! You will do an new map too in the near future ?..

I forgot something.. maybe an getaway car ? an Audi ? i know u like it ::PP Thnx

You will do an new map too in the near future ?..

I forgot something.. maybe an getaway car ? an Audi ? i know u like it ::PP Thnx

Since the new people here seem to have a bit of slack cut for them, and you said your english isn't too good, hoppah DOES NOT take suggestions for any of the mods.

We get what Hoppah gives, end of.

You can ask questions about the mod, but do not make suggestions for the mod.

If you scroll down the police list there already is a getaway car.

If you want the getaway car to be the Audi then once the addition is released you will have to change the files yourself to make it so.

There won't be any major changes to the mod for a while, so it's probably better to release all smaller additions to the Los Angeles Mod as patches from now on. These additions will be combined with all the bug fixes ofcourse. This way it's not necessary to redownload the whole mod again for a few small things.

The first new addition which will come with patch 2.0.1 is a new civilian vehicle:

2009audia8.th.jpg

Hoppah

These are not an American vehicle, but there very common none the less even in a city like Evansville which isnt exactly that big.

Thanks. I first wanted to make the 2009 Audi R8, but that one doesn't really looks like a standard civilian vehicle and wouldn't fit in the game.

It would be very appropriate imo. When you hit major cities in the US like LA,New York,and Chicago expensive supercars and sportscars are very common. Its not unusual to see ferrari,lambos and so forth in big cities. Now where Im from I could probably count the number of Lambos and Ferraris I have seen in town on one hand, maybe two. And thats for my whole life.

Use the LASD van or SWAT Heavy Rescue. I know the SWAT Heavy Rescue can hold atleast 6 suspects which would be the equivalent of the 3 patrol cars.

I have temporarily disabled the download from my web server as the bandwidth has been exceeded this month. After reviewing the logs, some dude in Hungry downloaded the file 52 times. No freaking clue what he was doing. There were a few others that downloaded the file multiple times over and over as well. When Feb 1st comes around, I should be able to open it back up again and let some other people download it. Although I will put in a script that will limit the downloading per day per IP.

Sorry guys.

-d

I have temporarily disabled the download from my web server as the bandwidth has been exceeded this month. After reviewing the logs, some dude in Hungry downloaded the file 52 times. No freaking clue what he was doing. There were a few others that downloaded the file multiple times over and over as well. When Feb 1st comes around, I should be able to open it back up again and let some other people download it. Although I will put in a script that will limit the downloading per day per IP.

Sorry guys.

-d

Can you PM me his IP? We have similar problems and I want to compare the IP with our user database, You don't have to enable the download again if you don't want to. The mirrors were especially important to remove some of the load from our server right after the release of the latest LA mod version. :)