Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

(OFF TOPIC question: Do ambulances in LA really patrol!? Anyone got a link?)
They do not patrol. The presence of an ambulance does not lower injury-rate in the same way a patrolling police car lowers crime-rate.

Sometimes, they can be present in festivals, concerts or something like that. Maybe even grabbing lunch from McDonalds and thus they are visiting the city.

Guest Fjolle89

I sat here last night and was bored. In a thread about LA Mod here on emergency-planet, I found a picture with the American flag made by L.A Mods units. Then I got the idea to make the Danish flag. The vehicles there is standing next to the units is represent every unit, that I have used to this little "project". If you have any doubts about what it says, so it says "Made by Fjolle".

These guys have been used; FF/EMT, HAZMAT FF, LAPD Officer with traffic west, LAPD Bomb Squad Officer, LAPD Motorcycle Officer, LASD Sheriff's Officer, CHP Officer, US National Guard Soldier, FBI Agent, SAR Dog Leader, Engineer, USCG Rescue Worker, ATF Agent, Border Control Officer :)

sngnmg.jpg

Just in case, that you don't believe me I have found the topic:

http://sklad.obrazku.cz/obr198751_americanflag.PNG

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...8166&st=220

By the way, if my topic is in the wrong thread, just let me know by PM!

I sat here last night and was bored. In a thread about LA Mod here on emergency-planet, I found a picture with the American flag made by L.A Mods units. Then I got the idea to make the Danish flag. The vehicles there is standing next to the units is represent every unit, that I have used to this little "project". If you have any doubts about what it says, so it says "Made by Fjolle".

These guys have been used; FF/EMT, HAZMAT FF, LAPD Officer with traffic west, LAPD Bomb Squad Officer, LAPD Motorcycle Officer, LASD Sheriff's Officer, CHP Officer, US National Guard Soldier, FBI Agent, SAR Dog Leader, Engineer, USCG Rescue Worker, ATF Agent, Border Control Officer :)

By the way, if my topic is in the wrong thread, just let me know by PM!

wow, you must've been very bored :P

Not sure if this is the best place to post this...Please move/delete if it's not

Maybe something to consider for the next iteration, when a firefighter goes down, the PASS alarm sound should play where he went down and continue to until a medic reaches him

EDIT: Maybe only make the PASS go off if a FF with SCBA on goes down

Not sure if this is the best place to post this...Please move/delete if it's not

Maybe something to consider for the next iteration, when a firefighter goes down, the PASS alarm sound should play where he went down and continue to until a medic reaches him

EDIT: Maybe only make the PASS go off if a FF with SCBA on goes down

The whole PASS alarm discussion has been had earlier in the suggestions topic. I believe the outcome was that a PASS alarm will not be added because it would be freaking anoying if fire fighters would stand around doing nothing and they're pass alarm would go off.

But it might be an idea to add it to wounded fire fighters only (so in stead of the scream you hear when a cop or civilian goes down, you hear a PASS alarm go off).

The whole PASS alarm discussion has been had earlier in the suggestions topic. I believe the outcome was that a PASS alarm will not be added because it would be freaking anoying if fire fighters would stand around doing nothing and they're pass alarm would go off.

But it might be an idea to add it to wounded fire fighters only (so in stead of the scream you hear when a cop or civilian goes down, you hear a PASS alarm go off).

That's what I meant, it only sounds when a firefighter is INJURED. I haven't been able to find it in any of the active LA Mod forums (as I suggested the same thing to the NY guys)

How can we turn certain events on and off?

You have to tweak things in the editor and the scripts (if i'm not mistaken)

I don't know a whole lot about it, so I just make due with some of the BS calls. you're gonna get them in real life anyway.

Also, I know that the limited water supply discussion has been tossed around. Something to consider, maybe you could make it so that an engine or ladder can't pump unless it's being fed by hydrant or tanker. There's no changing the water supply, it's more or less just a switch.

Just a thought

You have to tweak things in the editor and the scripts (if i'm not mistaken)

I don't know a whole lot about it, so I just make due with some of the BS calls. you're gonna get them in real life anyway.

Also, I know that the limited water supply discussion has been tossed around. Something to consider, maybe you could make it so that an engine or ladder can't pump unless it's being fed by hydrant or tanker. There's no changing the water supply, it's more or less just a switch.

Just a thought

When I was a firefighter back in the 70's, out engines had 500 gal water tanks and we would have first engine rap a hose line to a hydrant and then drive engine to the seen than next engine would hook that hose to the engine @ the hydrant and the engine @ the Hydrant has a 4 1/2" black drafting hose. Or we would have a hose unit with 2 reels of 4 1/2" rubber angus brand hose. I believe it had 500 feet per reel. Regardless we had an engine hooked up to a hydrant supplying other engines with water.

When I was a firefighter back in the 70's, out engines had 500 gal water tanks and we would have first engine rap a hose line to a hydrant and then drive engine to the seen than next engine would hook that hose to the engine @ the hydrant and the engine @ the Hydrant has a 4 1/2" black drafting hose. Or we would have a hose unit with 2 reels of 4 1/2" rubber angus brand hose. I believe it had 500 feet per reel. Regardless we had an engine hooked up to a hydrant supplying other engines with water.

I know... Most of us (me included) are firefighters. what does that have to do with the mod?

I have no idea how to add limited water to the mod. Supply lines should be possible, but serve no purpose if the engine's already have unlimited water.

Yes, I understand that. What I'm suggesting is making it so the engines can;t pump water without having a supply line hooked up. There doesn't have to be a meter or anything, it either can pump water or it can't.... On or off..... It's your mod though, i'm just explaining myself more

Guest pmadden94

I believe this has already been suggested. It would just make the gameplay much more difficult. This is like the whole "somebody should be in the car when it moves" thing.

:1046276160_schildbacktotopic: