Hoppah

V1.9 - Your thoughts...

Guest Preditorian

Thankyou for the wonderful work Hoppah.. been following your project for sometime but its because of your extra-ordinary work on 1.09 that has finally encouraged me to register.

Awesome stuff :12:

I would like to suggest of using Police Line tape instead of the fence to block in the event like eg..fire scene,road accident or murder case..its much better the using the barrier to block the area.

and also make a detective for homicide cases.The Police Line tape is something like Police Line Do Not Cross.And also different colour of detective car instead of using all black.

Guest MGC|Uthog

How you want to place the police line then? cause as far as i know you cant make a line between 2 things it would just be like the spike strip layed somewehere. Beside the barricardes are much better as they also send people away from it. Pretty irritating when people walk on the road but then it is easy to shoot them at sight.

Police tape is possible because the winterberg mod has it. I don't think Hoppah would do it at the moment though.

I've often wondered about that too but wasn't sure if it was possible but since someone else has brought it up.

In case colors are of interest, in los angeles it's usually yellow tape with black text.

See attached.

post-5940-1255466811.jpg

What would be the point? It seems just like something extra pretty that can already be done... just a different way. I never use barricades, cones or any of that crap... Just a car, officer or firetruck to block off an area. Would there be much use since you're not actually investigating anything?

What would be the point? It seems just like something extra pretty that can already be done... just a different way. I never use barricades, cones or any of that crap... Just a car, officer or firetruck to block off an area. Would there be much use since you're not actually investigating anything?

Well what would be the point of any of this?

It's just "a thought" or a suggestion.

Barricade tape might also help keep people from walking into an area where the first responders are working on patients.

Guest matt31896
Barricade tape might also help keep people from walking into an area where the first responders are working on patients.

This is what I've said millions of times before!!!!!

I've often wondered about that too but wasn't sure if it was possible but since someone else has brought it up.

In case colors are of interest, in los angeles it's usually yellow tape with black text.

See attached.

I think its yellow and black every where. I have never seen it any other color.

Because the barricades are a pain to use. IRL, where you can easily have several officers setting them up, in the mod its not quite that easy to set up alot of barricades quickly. Generally I dont use them that much but they do have there uses.

I think its yellow and black every where. I have never seen it any other color.

Yeah, it's mostly yellow everywhere but if you can believe it, San Jose, California uses another color. I believe it was either green or blue with no writing on the tape. I've seen it a number of times and it looks so odd to me. But yellow seems to be the usual tape color.

Take a look in the bug report topic! I released a second patch days ago. This topic is NOT a bug report topic. You are like the fifth one TODAY who comes with this same bullshit. Please wash the dirt out of your eyes or get one of your parents to read the forum for you. A link to the second patch is posted on the first post of the bug report topic, the official LA Mod topic and even the official downloadpage of the Los Angeles mod. That should be more than enough. It can't be any easier. Apparently, it isn't. And you are not the only one. This forum is even worse than prison sometimes. I am seriously considering SHUTTING DOWN the whole Los Angeles mod forum, so people can take care of their own 'problems' instead.

:nein:

Wow.... take a breather man. It's just a forum. no need to :machkaputt: No offense dude, but this isn't comparable to prison at all. My father works in a federal prison and it just went into lockdown because of a massive gang fight.... If there's one thing the Army has taught me, it's to be patient.

Guest MGC|Uthog
Yeah, it's mostly yellow everywhere but if you can believe it, San Jose, California uses another color. I believe it was either green or blue with no writing on the tape. I've seen it a number of times and it looks so odd to me. But yellow seems to be the usual tape color.

In the Netherlands we use whit with red and blue stripes just with "politie" on it.

Well what would be the point of any of this?

Your argument is null. Please contribute an actual debatable comment and not trash.

The point I was trying to make is it's virtually a clone of other features (Barricades, Turn Back People etc.) Now based on what Xplorer4x4 on real life things... I most certainly understand the use. But Normally tape is used for crime scenes... Crime moves in this game... And unless you're going to let people die so it becomes a murder scene... o.O I don't see a point for yellow tape. Adding it around an injured person will just make it take more time. And normally I can have EMS and Fire out to the person before I could get a cop to put up the yellow tape. Please explain the real in game benefit.

Wow.... take a breather man. It's just a forum. no need to :machkaputt: No offense dude, but this isn't comparable to prison at all. My father works in a federal prison and it just went into lockdown because of a massive gang fight.... If there's one thing the Army has taught me, it's to be patient.

Try to read the rest of the 26.000 posts in the LA Mod forum you'll understand what I meant. You will also understand that I am very patient with people most of the time. I have to be, otherwise there would be no LA Mod and no support at all. The prison thing was ironic.