Hoppah

V1.9 - Your thoughts...

The construction area near the water,there is an yellow truck there and it's blocking all the traffic?Do i just tow it away?

Take a look in the bug report topic! I released a second patch days ago. This topic is NOT a bug report topic. You are like the fifth one TODAY who comes with this same bullshit. Please wash the dirt out of your eyes or get one of your parents to read the forum for you. A link to the second patch is posted on the first post of the bug report topic, the official LA Mod topic and even the official downloadpage of the Los Angeles mod. That should be more than enough. It can't be any easier. Apparently, it isn't. And you are not the only one. This forum is even worse than prison sometimes. I am seriously considering SHUTTING DOWN the whole Los Angeles mod forum, so people can take care of their own 'problems' instead.

:nein:

Take a look in the bug report topic! I released a second patch days ago. This topic is NOT a bug report topic. You are like the fifth one TODAY who comes with this same bullshit. Please wash the dirt out of your eyes or get one of your parents to read the forum for you. A link to the second patch is posted on the first post of the bug report topic, the official LA Mod topic and even the official downloadpage of the Los Angeles mod. That should be more than enough. It can't be any easier. Apparently, it isn't. And you are not the only one. This forum is even worse than prison sometimes. I am seriously considering SHUTTING DOWN the whole Los Angeles mod forum, so people can take care of their own 'problems' instead.

Apparently,I wasn't online days ago,I thought patch 1 was the end of the patches.

You had to mention you already installed the second patch. It's not cool if people don't provide screenshots, because there are many intersections near the construction site. I just can't do much about these problems if I don't even know which intersection and which direction the traffic came from.

I agree with hoppah look around before posting, also you have a editor if it is such a big problem just go in and delete it simple, were lucky hoppah is nice enough to even make a mod and release it not to mention him also patching it for us.

Guest matt31896
The construction area near the water,there is an yellow truck there and it's blocking all the traffic?Do i just tow it away?

Or you could go into the editor, load the mod and the map, then delete or move it.

He was referring to new sirens which the mod does not have since v1.6. Yes, there were alternate sirens (the v1.5 sirens indeed) present in v1.8 and some earlier versions. I deleted them to save space. They will, however, return in the Additional Units submod.

cool thanx HOPPAH those are the sirens i was talking about the old ones from 1.5 and 1.8

Guest Pohjoismaa
I have just released Los Angeles Mod v1.9 and I'd like to know what your thoughts are about a couple of things. I want to start a discussion about the following things:

- What are your thoughts about the new installer?

- What are your thoughts about the new freeplay map?

- What do you like/hate about the new freeplay map?

I have plans to improve the new freeplaymap by adding new buildings and other objects. I can't do that without other peoples feedback. Personally I think the new installer is a great improvement, because it has a better compression rate (size of the .exe file) than .e4mod files and the optional choices what was the main reason to release v1.9 as an .exe file. My least favorite area/district on the new map is the industrial area between the LA river and the port area. My favorite part is the parking lot at the stripmall, bank and Wal-Mart.

There are also about 8 easter-eggs on the map. When you think you have found one you can post that here as well. :)

Hoppah

I have one bug, but i cant send a screenshot, because the photo is black.

Guest matt31896

How can I send them to the doughnut shop? If I fill the PS will what I usually do(motercycle, LAPD superviser[slicktop w/1 cop] car, and LAPD SUV Moblie SWAT Team[2 SWAT, Profiler, Scout]) and get another PC and tell it to go to the staition it seems that it is leaving the map. If not where is the DS?

How can I send them to the doughnut shop? If I fill the PS will what I usually do(motercycle, LAPD superviser[slicktop w/1 cop] car, and LAPD SUV Moblie SWAT Team[2 SWAT, Profiler, Scout]) and get another PC and tell it to go to the staition it seems that it is leaving the map. If not where is the DS?

I think you have to have a criminal in the car.

Below is link to youtube video of a certain person being arrested,before i arrested him,he was using a camera,but then produced a protest banner when i arrested him,read the ticker at top of screen,did make me chuckle,but dont watch if you want to find the cameraman yourself as this is an easter egg

i could only park LAPD Patrolcar in those spaces, not sure about other units, i have tried others and it didnt work, but cant think what units they were

I think you have to have a criminal in the car.

i successfully parked them there with no criminal in the car! i think you have to find the right car/unit

And yes the other 3 spaces outside the police station have to be full!

Try filling the 3 spaces up with anything u want, and then get a LAPD Patrolcar Ford Crown Victoria unit and send it to the station and hopefully it should go to the doughnut shop!

Guest Thrill

hoppah, my PC is pretty decent

Q6600 3.2 GHz (overclocked)

Asus Radeon 4870 (overclocked quite a lot, near enough compares to GTX 280)

4GB RAM

yet still when i have a big fire and I send 6 trucks, there is much lag. i think this is a light issue??

hoppah, my PC is pretty decent

Q6600 3.2 GHz (overclocked)

Asus Radeon 4870 (overclocked quite a lot, near enough compares to GTX 280)

4GB RAM

yet still when i have a big fire and I send 6 trucks, there is much lag. i think this is a light issue??

Are you using the default lights or are you using Tony's Lights or Project Reality Lights?

I am surprised that rig cant handle it regardless. I have Q6600 @ stock 2.4Ghz and a 9800GTX+ which the 4870 beats the crap out of, and it usually handles everything just fine with tons of lights on 4-5 on scene units. Some times it lags a little bit but depends.

Have you tried RivaTuner to crank up the fan speed to cool the card better?