Hoppah

V1.9 - Your thoughts...

yes, yes, yes. but you have to remove all the three traffic lights from this intersection, because if you only remove the traffic light from that corner the problem stays, if you remove any two - the third one is always red.

and removing all three solves the problem and does not make any difference for the map, because all the traffic on this intersection goes different ways! tested myself - 3 (ingame) days+ playing.

and another thing i would like to tell HOPPA... maybe its not the place... any way.. it would be GREAT to have a script to disable ANY traffic light on the map, so one could play traffic cops on whatever intersection he wants!

thanx

I'm sure this has been discussed before and at the moment it isn't possible. Why didn't you post this in the suggesions topic?

yes, yes, yes. but you have to remove all the three traffic lights from this intersection, because if you only remove the traffic light from that corner the problem stays, if you remove any two - the third one is always red.

and removing all three solves the problem and does not make any difference for the map, because all the traffic on this intersection goes different ways! tested myself - 3 (ingame) days+ playing.

different ways? not sure what you mean as both lanes of traffic will turn down the road the yellow truck gets stuck on.

Overwhelming: The first call I got was the normal stroke, fall, etc. Then a hostage situation, not long after that a fire, I put the fire out then theirs a car accident, while I'm dealing with that a riot breaks out. All the while I'm dealing with the hostage situation, and hes shooting at my police who are returning fire. On top of that I'm dealing with a car accident a block away, near a shrub fire.

I like the realism lol, but just feel overwhelmed at my dispatch center :P

My thoughts .. love the game, liked to see a few minor changes, that's about it though.

I changed this myself. I made it so that calls do not come too often, and when an important one happens it's basically the only call I need to attend to until it's completed.

Guest pappy02us

Great mod really out done yourself this time. The only problem I found that I couldn't fix is with traffic accident card9 the car burst into flame and explode before my fire fighter even get in the trucks. I didn't see it mentioned earlier so maybe I'm the only one with this problem. While I like the burning cars (even tried to add it to other maps, but failed), they go off really quickly.

At any rate great mod. :bia:

Lots of such opinions Ive heard here. Im really shocked! How do U make traffic jams? Post screenshots please!

This http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...ost&id=3107

caused by redirecting traffic! Be careful to redirect! Frankly speaking its no need to redirect at all!

At the accident scene just place your units the way not to block traffic. If its impossible - let civil car to wait till you finish your work at the scene. Dont redirect traffic.

Yes, Patroling in the west part of the map does cause jams. Just redirect patrol car wich follows that path to patrol clockwise and it wont cause a single jam!

The only buggy place is -

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/5171/lamod19bug1.th.png

Thats the bad bag. You have to redirect traffic here and it is the reason of jam in the first pic.

Beforу the patch2 out, try to find where that thread comes from and block it there.

Or use the editor to fix this problem (move west VirtObj to the west)

Lets enjoy the new map, guys! :gut:

Okay ...

Maybe it's me but I noticed if you park a cop car on a two lane road and redirect the traffic in ONE lane, you redirect the traffic in BOTH lanes. Now, it would be nice if the cars in the second lane went past the scene without turning around also. That might have to do with pathing, maybe its possible, maybe not but I would be nice.

As far as redirecting goes, what do you do if there's an accident blocking a lane? Let the cars pile up. Or perhaps you have a fire in a residential area, I've noticed fire spreads quickly to surrounding areas. Thus, you have to send multiple engines to areas around the fire. So, putting your units "out of the way" isn't always possible.

different ways? not sure what you mean as both lanes of traffic will turn down the road the yellow truck gets stuck on.

To remedy this problem with the truck, I just placed a motorcycle cop there and had him redirect traffic and it worked beautifully. No traffic jams occurred there ever again. I had him stand in the road and send cars back.

Hoppah, I absolutely love the chase commands added to the police units. The new map is very cool. I have a feeling there are more surprises.

Just a few cool things to add (in my opinion):

• I still think we need a command that allows the cop to place a yellow tarp or blanket over a dead body though. It also helps to keep the bodies visible so you'll know where to send the coroner to remove it.

• Something that will help those patrol cars from causing a traffic jam when they turn into busy intersections

• I still think we need a command that allows the cop to place a yellow tarp or blanket over a dead body though. It also helps to keep the bodies visible so you'll know where to send the coroner to remove it.

• Something that will help those patrol cars from causing a traffic jam when they turn into busy intersections

Nice suggestions for a possible Los Angeles Mod v2.0, but I first want to fix every single bug in v1.9 and optimize the new map.

Okay ...

Maybe it's me but I noticed if you park a cop car on a two lane road and redirect the traffic in ONE lane, you redirect the traffic in BOTH lanes. Now, it would be nice if the cars in the second lane went past the scene without turning around also. That might have to do with pathing, maybe its possible, maybe not but I would be nice.

I noticed that during testing too and I don't think that can be fixed.

Hoppah

Hey, Hoppah - just a little suggestion...

When you call a unit, and there a none available on patrol, then it calls one from off the map after purchasing it... is it possible to send one you already have purchased but not on the map?

Otherwise, when I dispatch units in a hurry, I end up with so many of them patrolling the map that it lags my game, when I still have a few available from off map...

:) Just a little thing that would make playing a little better.

Nice suggestions for a possible Los Angeles Mod v2.0, but I first want to fix every single bug in v1.9 and optimize the new map.

I noticed that during testing too and I don't think that can be fixed.

Hoppah

Despite those issues the new mod is still fun and last night I played the game much longer than I've ever played it because of the new mod. I even managed to not get my other house work done. Hurrary! Thanks for your hard work in this, considering I didn't pay anything for the mod.