Hoppah

V1.9 - Your thoughts...

I Love the Mod. great map..

i know i'm a noob. but what i want to do the Chase thing with the cop car but what car does it or do they all do it? and i seen in the video the cops got out of the car at the same time on each side of the car and the bad guy put his hands up and stuff.. how do u do that. or is that just a mission?>

that only works if the guy you pull over is a criminal. otherwise, they just run over and write ticket

just right click on a moving car or civillian with any patrol car (not motorcycle though). For the officers to draw there guns it either needs to be a Civillian or stolen vehicle. but if it a normal car the officer will get out and give them a ticket giving you 300 dollars :)

Something i noticed in the port, love the fact that the driver's will walk to the edge and "jump" off the docks into the water :D love it ! no need to find steps or a ramp anymore!

I tried out the tiller last night, there were some minor things that caught my attention. There not really bugs, but 'fixing' them might improve gameplay:

When you send the tiller back to the station, the trailer hits the green car behind the fire station (maybe remove it or place it somewhere else so it won't look as if the tiller driver bumps into it every time).

When click the tiller cab and you have personnel in it the default option still remains "detach trailer" in stead of changing to "all personel exit". Made me drive away without the trailer a few times :grinsevil:

But apart from those things the trailer is functioning really well, maybe even better then the ladder truck. And again that big american flag really gives you that 'LA feel'.

if only it was possible to have the flag waving when the tiller responds i'd like to see the flag placed on some other models, like on the rear of the als engine and usar squad

The tiller is great to use,the physics are sometimes funny when it reverses,but with such a good reach factor,it is ideal for firing high amounts of water onto a fire,so you will love it

I didnt notice any better reach factor then the tower truck.

My thoughts, its absolutely amazing. Its even more impressing then I expected it to be.

One thing I dont really get, is whats the point of being able to disable or enable sirens on units when there in the fire station? Wouldnt it be more useful to change this to a staffing function to enable us to staff one vehicle at a time rather then all?

Other then that I have no complaints. The fact you took the time to actually put street signs on the stop lights is awesome. I saw Crenshaw BLVD and Compton Blvd. Traffic flowing under the bridge is awesome. Even the lights on the units are amazing. Normally I like Christmas tree light packs but these really caught my attention as they give off good amount of radiation despite not being super flashy.

When it comes to the tiller, judging by the "bugs" like no trailer physics and such, i though I would have no interest in it, but to my surprise I gave it a shot and I love using it. Would it be possible to assign the vcmdredirect command to the trailer so we can redirect traffic behind the rig?

I cant thank you enough for the amazing work here Hoppah. I cant emphasize how impressed I really am with 1.9. IMO this should have been 2.0 not 1.9 given the amount of time and hard work put into this, but if this is 1.9 does that mean 2.0 is going to be even more mind blowing?

I should have knew something was up when I seen that the Project threat was not at the top and it was also locked. But it did not dawn on me. I'm downloading it right now. About 15 KB/Sec. So I have about 2 hours to go. But it will be worth it. I know it. Hoppah put so much time in this modification. :)

I have just released Los Angeles Mod v1.9 and I'd like to know what your thoughts are about a couple of things. I want to start a discussion about the following things:

- What are your thoughts about the new installer?

- What are your thoughts about the new freeplay map?

- What do you like/hate about the new freeplay map?

I have plans to improve the new freeplaymap by adding new buildings and other objects. I can't do that without other peoples feedback. Personally I think the new installer is a great improvement, because it has a better compression rate (size of the .exe file) than .e4mod files and the optional choices what was the main reason to release v1.9 as an .exe file. My least favorite area/district on the new map is the industrial area between the LA river and the port area. My favorite part is the parking lot at the stripmall, bank and Wal-Mart.

There are also about 8 easter-eggs on the map. When you think you have found one you can post that here as well. :)

Hoppah

iam playing the new l a mod at the moment and theres no problems with its working fine i like the american la france ladder truck and when your chasing a suspect once the officer catches him he calls for back up but only if you use a police motorcyclist which is great iam sure ill find other stuf on there but other than than its a great mod and my thanks to hoppah and everyone else involved a mod very well done guys thanks again guys

I noticed something different I never seen be4.

House fire with red smoke coming out then turned to black smoke...... anyone else seen this happen ?

Circled in red.

In real life it has to do with what the house is composed of, it's also in the original game.

Love all the mod team's names on the wall.

i don't know if you can fix it but:

if you chase a car he gets a fine for speeding

but if he stands still for a trafficlight and than you stop the car than it still gets a ticket for speeding.

Yeah, so? Maybe it was speeding before it stopped at the traffic lights? And what's there to 'fix' in your opinion? There is nothing broken about what you mentioned. Are we all going to nitpick about stupid things now?