Hoppah

V1.9 - Your thoughts...

I have just released Los Angeles Mod v1.9 and I'd like to know what your thoughts are about a couple of things. I want to start a discussion about the following things:

- What are your thoughts about the new installer?

- What are your thoughts about the new freeplay map?

- What do you like/hate about the new freeplay map?

I have plans to improve the new freeplaymap by adding new buildings and other objects. I can't do that without other peoples feedback. Personally I think the new installer is a great improvement, because it has a better compression rate (size of the .exe file) than .e4mod files and the optional choices what was the main reason to release v1.9 as an .exe file. My least favorite area/district on the new map is the industrial area between the LA river and the port area. My favorite part is the parking lot at the stripmall, bank and Wal-Mart.

There are also about 8 easter-eggs on the map. When you think you have found one you can post that here as well. :)

Hoppah

Hi Hoppah

I think your map is very nice, the commands are usefull and the vehicles are good too :) , but i think that there isn't many vehicles in the street, it will be cool to add big buildings on the map (like a mini fiancial district) The installer is very usefull too. The cinema is missing (V3O problem)

I also really want to play with new missions if it's possible

Me and french community, want to thank you very much for hard work.

Nice work. :12:

PS: THE L.A. mod. is the best modification that i know.

Nicoros

(sry for bad english ^^)

Please read the announcement before freaking out...

So many people downloading+Limited bandwidth = rolling error 500's and slow DL times...

The 500 error lockouts should be over with for now, because the bulk will have the mod by now, but the DL time will still be rather long, as many are still downloading.

Hi Hopah,

Just downloaded v1.9 and had a quick look. Fantastic work ! You and the others involve should be very proud of your achievements, well done :12: .

Just for you information, I have a system running trial version of windows 7 64 bit and the installer and desktop shortcut both work perfectly.

When i get a chance I will give it a try with Vista 64 bit on my other system and let you know what happens.

The freeplay map look great, will be interested to see the range of incidents that you have created. Might be nice to add some taller buildings if that is possible, especially if they can interact with the ladder trucks for accessing persons on higher floors - otherwise they would make nice eye candy anyway.

But I guess it could cause problems with helicopters and aircraft perhaps - would be nice though.

Once again - Well Done ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Take care

Shane

It also looks for the directory of 911:First Responders. That has been tested and should work. It finds the directory, by searching for the registry keys. When you don't have these registry keys, the game can't find your 911:FR directory. You can still select your EM4/911:FR directory yourself though.

Will release a fix for the cinema (it's a cinema, not a stadium) later today.

it doesn't work for me it says the mod isn't valid

You will get that message when the installer DOES NOT find the registry keys of EM4 or 911:FR. Without these registry keys the installer can't find the installation directory itself. You can still click OK to install the mod. Make sure you select the correct installation directory yourself now. That message can appear when you have an illegal version of the mod which installs the game in an alternative way.

there isn't many vehicles in the street,

That's why:

After about an hour of play, the map because full with traffic, a lot of traffic and way too many small fires.

Vehicles in this game do not have any AI (artificial intelligence). They just follow paths and stop sometimes. In my opinion there is even too much traffic on the new map.

again love the new map its a nice change from the old map(as i couldnt change to any of wood's maps at all... also ive been playing it off and on all night and every time i get pounded from behind ..... first a structure fire, then the pileup then an earthquake...

P.S I LOVE THE PILEUP!!!!! FANTASTIC!!!!!