Hoppah

V1.9 - Your thoughts...

there are some bugs in the map but its don't make the game completly bad :1046275976_nospam:

but you must say it its's a good mod

I said the traffic problem ruins the fun because it spills everywhere eventually and then I can't move my units..

I said the traffic problem ruins the fun because it spills everywhere eventually and then I can't move my units..

There's only a couple of problems, such as the one traffic jam to the west due to a path issue and civilians moving into the street and not moving out. Besides those I see no problems.

That has heppend to me today i tried to pull over a van but it kept going lol

Also Hoppah: did you intend to make it so that when you send a police car to one side of the LA bridge it comes out where the vehicles spawn or no???? it was pretty cool if it was supposed to be that way

Guest #1emergencyfan

I think the new 1.9 is the best one yet!

i am sorry if i should not post ideas here

However, I think it would be nice to see an undercover dodge charger (black?)

and

mabe some type of mission with a quota to pull cars over for different violations. (ex. run a light, no bliker, to slow, to fast etc.)

The damage radius for exploding cars seems low (IMO) A car next to a car that explodes should catch fire - Doesn't seem to happen

This had to be changed because of the parking lot in front of the shopping center. Before the fix, if a car there caught fire and exploded, the fire would spread quickly and exponentially to the surrounding cars and buildings, to a point where it grew out of control in a matter of seconds, long before the first fire truck could even get on the scene. Furthermore, when there are too many burnt out cars, the game replaces them with the unburnt cars, which then explode and burn again if the fires have not yet been extinguished.

I wish I had kept a screenshot of the huge fire I got the first time a single car exploded in the parking lot. I had injured cops and firemen everywhere, I lost a police cruiser, and the fire spread accross the street to the offices and the McDonalds.

This had to be changed because of the parking lot in front of the shopping center. Before the fix, if a car there caught fire and exploded, the fire would spread quickly and exponentially to the surrounding cars and buildings, to a point where it grew out of control in a matter of seconds, long before the first fire truck could even get on the scene. Furthermore, when there are too many burnt out cars, the game replaces them with the unburnt cars, which then explode and burn again if the fires have not yet been extinguished.

I wish I had kept a screenshot of the huge fire I got the first time a single car exploded in the parking lot. I had injured cops and firemen everywhere, I lost a police cruiser, and the fire spread accross the street to the offices and the McDonalds.

Not to mention it's just plain unrealistic to have cars catching fire like that no matter what. If it was like that in real life anytime a store catches fire all the cars would explode within a matter of seconds!

I'm glad it's more realistic and it actually takes time.

Cool stuff. Still exploring and testing.

• The damage radius for exploding cars seems low (IMO) A car next to a car that explodes should catch fire - Doesn't seem to happen

I've increased the burning time of all parked vehicles on the map, because a whole parking lot would be gone if one car exploded otherwise.

Imagine parking lot near SubWay.

It's full of cars.

You will never colect all those wrecks :D

//Cmon Hoppah this is way too easy :D

I told you I will find him!

[pics removed]

Tell me how many I've got :D

That's the "almost impossible"? :D

Edited by Hoppah
Pictures removed. Using the editor to find easter-eggs is considered cheating.

Guest BloodBiker

Really enjoying this mod, same as others the traffic becomes a problem after a while, i'm sure it can be rectified easy, the police scripts are really well done. Thanks and a gold star from me. :holdglass:

Paul

Imagine parking lot near SubWay.

It's full of cars.

You will never colect all those wrecks :D

//Cmon Hoppah this is way too easy :D

I told you I will find him!

[pics removed]

Tell me how many I've got :D

That's the "almost impossible"? :D

That's cheating. Pictures removed. You have to find that on the ingame map. :)

Played the mod for about an hour yesterday evening. LA looks really american now, especially with the american cars driving around the roads and the second fire station. Haven't had a chance to play with the tiller yet. I'll try that tonight.

Very nice! I like the new American feel, and it's a nice change! As others have said, traffic can be an issue but I suppose it's the same in reality! IMO, events happen a little too frequently but that's something I think I can change. Loving the new civilian cars, tiller, commands and the new radio sounds.

I still get a compatibility warning when loading the mod, but it's still playable. It would be nice to see a Deluxe map in future, though. It wlil take me a while to get used to everything, changing some preferences to just how I like it, but all in all it is a very nice update, and IMO was worthy of more than a '1.x' update.