Hoppah

V1.9 - Your thoughts...

Guest Swat Force

Again THANKS for the 1.9 version for LA mod!!

I'm looking forward to version 2.0 anyway :smoke: I like those Deluxe Events if it's possible to convert them to 911:FR & 911:EN(my version)!!

Try to read the rest of the 26.000 posts in the LA Mod forum you'll understand what I meant. You will also understand that I am very patient with people most of the time. I have to be, otherwise there would be no LA Mod and no support at all. The prison thing was ironic.

Yeah, I can understand your frustration.... But also, understand that not everyone has the same problem solving process. A lot of people will just as easily ask someone than try to do some research. I, for example, am not much of a forum crawler. So I don't know a lot about the customs and courtesies about posting and replying to a post.

All I wanted to do was try and calm you down a little. As many people say around here I'll get :1046276160_schildbacktotopic:

I for one love the mod. I'm one of those people that have the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality, so I don't mess with station lineups and such. The new map was good, but I found myself uninstalling it because the variety of events wasn't the same as the old map.... I found myself cleaning up the same accident 3 times in a row. I will give you props on the pile-up MVA though..... I did a double take when I saw that scene.

I don't really use the tiller. Because of the choppy physics, I find it clumsy to try to position during a fire. Oftentimes, by the time I get it into a good position, the fire's over.

All in all a great mod dude. I can't even think of anything to add to the next iteration.

I for one love the mod. I'm one of those people that have the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality, so I don't mess with station lineups and such. The new map was good, but I found myself uninstalling it because the variety of events wasn't the same as the old map.... I found myself cleaning up the same accident 3 times in a row. I will give you props on the pile-up MVA though..... I did a double take when I saw that scene.

I tend to work from the point of view "if it aint broken... how can I make it even better?". I love constant changes to a game... However I do think this current map needs a great deal of work... More events and more people inside buildings...

I love the MVA. The police car... secret service agent only leads to speculation as to what actually happened... Who were they following and why... But I do think we need more people trying to jump out of windows... more people injured in a building and better hostage situations. I also think some more vehicle paths need to be added for both patrols and basic traffic.

Your argument is null. Please contribute an actual debatable comment and not trash.

The point I was trying to make is it's virtually a clone of other features (Barricades, Turn Back People etc.) Now based on what Xplorer4x4 on real life things... I most certainly understand the use. But Normally tape is used for crime scenes... Crime moves in this game... And unless you're going to let people die so it becomes a murder scene... o.O I don't see a point for yellow tape. Adding it around an injured person will just make it take more time. And normally I can have EMS and Fire out to the person before I could get a cop to put up the yellow tape. Please explain the real in game benefit.

No need to whine over this and refer to someone's posting as "trash". No one is arguing. That's not very nice; now apologize.

Your posting was absolutely sufficient and clearly understood without your sentence beforehand. I was just remarking at how surprising your comment was. Everyone likes realism something that isn't real at all but rather game. All the people involved in this forum are interested in this game; they enjoy the game and so do I. It's amazing that modders can really help enhance the experience of the game and make it all more enjoyable. I thank them for that. Hoppah posted this thread for people like you and me to post "our thoughts". So what's I did and that's what others continue to do.

So be nice.

For sure, I agree with you, and so does Hoppah I'm pretty sure, it's just where he had made this map from scratch this is like version one, I'm sure this will keep improving though... I think a good mission idea would be to follow up on that crash, like the first three missions are of terror attacks on the same day, what if like that got elaborated into a respond to failed op, and investigate. Where you ahve to find the other car that was the cause of this, and try and take care of it all.

I love the kinda freeplay events where you can come up with good background stories to it, instead of a simple, Johny is an idiot was speeding and hit a pole.

Guest matt31896
I love the MVA. The police car... secret service agent only leads to speculation as to what actually happened... Who were they following and why...

Somebody in the shopping center, saw an SS Agent by walmart after a shootout, mike was kindly asked to leave, but he got what he deserved............

As a suggestion, I think adding regular ladders to the engines might prove useful. It would help some of those tight area that are hard to position an aerial in. It could also be put in SWAT units to allow for dynamic entry and to enter barricaded areas that cannot be accessed from the ground.... That being said, another suggestion could be adding some hostage/rescue situations in higher floors of a building

As a suggestion, I think adding regular ladders to the engines might prove useful. It would help some of those tight area that are hard to position an aerial in. It could also be put in SWAT units to allow for dynamic entry and to enter barricaded areas that cannot be accessed from the ground.... That being said, another suggestion could be adding some hostage/rescue situations in higher floors of a building

Yeah like hostages on the second floor so they can use the chinese SWAT ford ladder truck to get in and of course helicopter ropes too.They should have armed arrest with mp5s on terroists.

Guest MGC|Uthog

Would love to see some kind of way that if any vehicle leaves from the fire stations that there are traffic lights that go to red. The town i lived in had that if the alarm would go off the traffic lights would go on red so that the fire trucks could leave the station without any vehicles in the way.

Okay, LA mod, talk about LA. LA does not has Chinese units. Please don't talk about china. As much as I know you love it, there is a point where you draw the line. You can know everything about China, we don't and quite frankly most of us don't care. If you want to refer us to something, the best thing to do is a pick a well known place by the people you are referring it to.

EX.

In St. John's we use a [insert unit]

What's that?

Well it's [description] It's kinda like the one the FDNY uses.

The people here know what FDNY is, because it's a big fire department in a country a good bit of our members are from. It's fine to talk about china, but know when to draw the line.

NEW PROBLEM XD anyone else having a problem with traffic on the bridge getting backed up off the map? I'll post a pic when I can get 1. And 91 etc. You need to know, in Los Angeles, there are no Chinese vehicles x.x The only thing Chinese is Chinese people and Chinatown, but it's in AMERICA, lol. China's across the ocean ^^

Theres no need for them the way things are atm. Hostage situations are on the first floor, and some for fires. So technically we have no use for them but could be useful in the future if things were added.

Like I said... Possibly adding fires and other emergencies that aren't on the ground floor. It would make things a little more realistic. I mean, c'mon.... no fire dept. calls an aerial for every little thing that requires going up a story or two

That'd be a new event, and I don't think hoppah is for making new events for freeplay :P

Then maybe you should let Hoppah speak for himself, hmm?

Edited by Stan
[Stan] Next double post will get you a warning, thank you for my time