Hoppah

V1.9 - Your thoughts...

Guest madforce
And do you have stats to back that up?

I took his comment that he was agreeing, that most the US and Nordic Countries in Europe operate with paramedics/emt's as part of the fire dept. I may be wrong, but that's how I 'read' it.

And do you have stats to back that up?

Nordic countries, Finland, Denmark, Norway and Sweden all utilize fire personnel for medical duties too.

I took the saying "paramedic is merged with the firestation" as "Fire personnel have emergency medical care training too".

So in this case, it leaves the US. Most of the fire personnel in the US are trained in the field of emergency care, now aren't they?

I can give surgery, doesn't mean I'm cleared for it... Anyone can try anything medical, but you can only legally do it if you have training, and most police (including LA) do not require an EMT certification, however you can get one. AFAIK you just need first aid.

LASD has medics which require a EMT certification from my knowalge. But they are there ovn divison and usially are staffed on there sikorskey (however its spelled :P)

I can give surgery, doesn't mean I'm cleared for it... Anyone can try anything medical, but you can only legally do it if you have training, and most police (including LA) do not require an EMT certification, however you can get one. AFAIK you just need first aid.

Right, but I know a lot of police agencies prefer to have their officers trained to a certain level. They may not REQUIRE it to join, but after they join, they may offer it.

With respect, I don't believe I asked you

No but when its been said over and over again..I think i can answer the question for you.

Where might I view this information?

For one:

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...st&p=111533

Nordic countries, Finland, Denmark, Norway and Sweden all utilize fire personnel for medical duties too.

I took the saying "paramedic is merged with the firestation" as "Fire personnel have emergency medical care training too".

So in this case, it leaves the US. Most of the fire personnel in the US are trained in the field of emergency care, now aren't they?

I dont care what Europe does, but are you referring to FFs being EMTs and Medics or Ambulance service being part of the FD? If you mean ambulances being part of the FD I dont believe it till i see stats, atleast for the US.

LASD has medics which require a EMT certification from my knowalge. But they are there ovn divison and usially are staffed on there sikorskey (however its spelled :P)

That would be LASD Search and Rescue. The members are Reserve Deputies if I recall correctly, and must be trained as EMT.

I enjoy the game the installer was easy to installer. The enjoy the new freemap of the game. I enjoy looking at the new buildings and how current they are. My dislike is the speed of the map how it takes forever for my units to get to the emergency at hand. But its good to play a new version of emergency la mod. If you doing another version of LA you should have a option to put a fire of choice to put in what every fire station like the option of the police dept and hospital. I'm enjoying the game so far keep it up.

No but when its been said over and over again..I think i can answer the question for you.

For one:

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...st&p=111533

With respect, that link is of no relevance... Hoppah says in that post he wouldn't change STRETCHER capacity.... not patients. Patient load is what I was talking about

I dont care what Europe does, but are you referring to FFs being EMTs and Medics or Ambulance service being part of the FD? If you mean ambulances being part of the FD I dont believe it till i see stats, atleast for the US.

Then why are you replying to it? With respect, if you don't care, then don't worry about it. And yes, most ambulances are a part of FD. The exceptions would be ambulance companies that do strictly transports with their ambulances.

Here is proof:

http://www.phillyfirenews.com/Photos/appar...002-7B_3086.JPG

http://www.freefoto.com/images/28/18/28_18...nce-R-1_web.jpg

http://www.villageoflyons-il.net/Departmen...NCYMEDICAL1.jpg

Note who they belong to, and they are all US based :sporty:

No!

That is incorrect, I dont know where your from but your experences dont represent the WHOLE U.S.

Not all fire departments are the only medics, there are county wide EMS systems that Work with the fire department and are the main medic ambulances for the area. Also take San Diego for example, they have such a large population and area that they hire outside companys to provide and staff there ambulances at there stations. So please next time try to do more research on the ENTIRE country.

And to reply to this

With respect, that link is of no relevance... Hoppah says in that post he wouldn't change STRETCHER capacity.... not patients. Patient load is what I was talking about
so the max capacity of the ambulances in the mod won't be changed.

No!

That is incorrect, I dont know where your from but your experences dont represent the WHOLE U.S.

Not all fire departments are the only medics, there are county wide EMS systems that Work with the fire department and are the main medic ambulances for the area. Also take San Diego for example, they have such a large population and area that they hire outside companys to provide and staff there ambulances at there stations. So please next time try to do more research on the ENTIRE country before you start to talk about an entire country.

And to reply to this

You mistake my post. I said MOST Ambulances are part of fire dept. I understand that some ambulance services are separate, but for the most part, FD runs ambulance. Yes, I understand some areas contract out ambulances, but they often have a QRS. If that was not clear in my original post, that would be my mistake :s

LightBarAnimated.gif

Congratulations, you've successfully derailed this topic with a suggestion... Ambulance load WILL NOT BE CHANGED, hoppah has stated this many times. I am in my mod police car, I don't wanna have to take anyone in back, there isn't much room, and I hate passengers, so let's go back to LA mod 1.9, not ambulances of the USA

Guest matt31896
Congratulations, you've successfully derailed this topic with a suggestion... Ambulance load WILL NOT BE CHANGED, hoppah has stated this many times. I am in my mod police car, I don't wanna have to take anyone in back, there isn't much room, and I hate passengers, so let's go back to LA mod 1.9, not ambulances of the USA

MOD!!!!! Fire at will!!!!!

rambo-rambo-john-gun-smiley-emoticon-000137-large.gif