Hoppah

Project: New Freeplaymap

I find more posts saying "stop posting this" "read this document" "dont say that" "thats against the rules" Than the actual post that is breaking the rules.

Anyhow, this map looks great, the suburban area definitely looks more socal type.

* Dispatch Policy*

When the game loads up all personal reports to their designated vehicles (FF's to the fire truck, and paramedics to the ambulance). As, the game progresses, and I send units out returning units report back to the fire house. I do no sound the alarm to refill all vehicles in the station, instead I hot key the Battalion Chief, and an alarm is sounded for each specific unit (if on isn't ready).

Unfortunately, sometimes a fire truck will leave with 3 out of 4 fire fighters. When my Battalion Chief sounds an alarm for a fire truck, the fire trucks lights come on, and fire fighters report to the engine. Then, (sometimes) 3 of the 4 fire fighters will be on board, while the 4th one is heading towards the truck it will leave. Thus leaving one fire fighter stranded, other times the 4th fire fighter will open the door (not being on all the way) and the engine will leave. The game (obviously) recognizes this as all fire fighters on board (and while this is fine), in real life the engine is not allowed to leave if a fire fighter has the door open getting on board. This indeed as annoying, especially when you arrive to a fire with 3 units, and find 1 standing in the bay alone. I don't believe this is a bug, rather the game mistaking the engine being full when it is not.

And ...

I was just wondering if this minor issue will be fixed in 1.9

Guest medic534

The progress is encouraging as we approach the release date!! Thanks to everyone involved in making this possible. Hoppah you are amazing. Quick question. In lookin at the screenshot of the new map it looks like a bunch of the streets go off the map? How will this effect the units on patrol? Would they just turn around?

* Dispatch Policy*

When the game loads up all personal reports to their designated vehicles (FF's to the fire truck, and paramedics to the ambulance). As, the game progresses, and I send units out returning units report back to the fire house. I do no sound the alarm to refill all vehicles in the station, instead I hot key the Battalion Chief, and an alarm is sounded for each specific unit (if on isn't ready).

Unfortunately, sometimes a fire truck will leave with 3 out of 4 fire fighters. When my Battalion Chief sounds an alarm for a fire truck, the fire trucks lights come on, and fire fighters report to the engine. Then, (sometimes) 3 of the 4 fire fighters will be on board, while the 4th one is heading towards the truck it will leave. Thus leaving one fire fighter stranded, other times the 4th fire fighter will open the door (not being on all the way) and the engine will leave. The game (obviously) recognizes this as all fire fighters on board (and while this is fine), in real life the engine is not allowed to leave if a fire fighter has the door open getting on board. This indeed as annoying, especially when you arrive to a fire with 3 units, and find 1 standing in the bay alone. I don't believe this is a bug, rather the game mistaking the engine being full when it is not.

And ...

To be truely honest with you, cause it doesn't sound like you know alot, but guys do get left at the station sometimes. cause they move too slow :) there's always situations like that. If you have to respond to a medical, you don't have time to wait till' everyone's onboard, cause that person could die while your responding o.O and thats why the LAFD makes all firefighters EMT/PARAMEDICS, and they actually won't accept you without a Paramedic license. We can't all sit around and die while 3 FF's are on board, and their waiting for the 4th, who just got started putting on bunker gear...

The truck is on a timer. It doesen't matter how many units are in the truck before it leaves. As soon as the timer is up the truck leaves regardless of the number of people on it. It sounds like the timer should be increased slightly.

I've never had problems. I think the timers fine. There's probably a way to increase it if you want to, but I wouldn't reccomend it.

anyways, great job so far, and maybe it'll come out on my birthday :) that would be funny XD

* Dispatch Policy*

And ...

It's normal for guys to get left at the station. Lol I can't work mornings cause I can't get up fast enough (If I even wake up)

It's normal for guys to get left at the station. Lol I can't work mornings cause I can't get up fast enough (If I even wake up)

What happens to you guys if you get left at the station? Do the captains give you crap?

Sometimes people get stranded, even more in voluntary stations where people are on a home-call basis. In our station every now and then I get to stare the back lights of the engine, but no one ever yells me about that. It happens to everyone, tough luck. It ain't anyones fault, it is just a necessity sometimes.

To be truely honest with you, cause it doesn't sound like you know alot, but guys do get left at the station sometimes. cause they move too slow :) there's always situations like that. If you have to respond to a medical, you don't have time to wait till' everyone's onboard, cause that person could die while your responding o.O and thats why the LAFD makes all firefighters EMT/PARAMEDICS, and they actually won't accept you without a Paramedic license. We can't all sit around and die while 3 FF's are on board, and their waiting for the 4th, who just got started putting on bunker gear...

I've never had problems. I think the timers fine. There's probably a way to increase it if you want to, but I wouldn't reccomend it.

anyways, great job so far, and maybe it'll come out on my birthday :) that would be funny XD

I was going to be nice, but you just struck me the wrong way. I wouldn't say others "don't know alot", cause then you leave yourself open to look like a dumbass, WHICH YOU DID.

I wouldn't start quoting another areas response policy when YOU don't know jack. First and foremost you DON'T leave anyone behind, I'm sorry to tell you this but 3 or 4 seconds it takes to get into the rig WON'T kill anyone. And, if YOU are going to die that fast YOUR already dead. In addition to that, the engines may have paramedics on board, but without proper hospital treatment your still not out of the woods.

And to continue, since I'm actually a fire fighter...

There are serious legal/ punishments actions that can be taken against the engineers (the people who drive the rig), and fire fighters. Both parties are responsible for being on the rig, and making sure everyone's on board, and since this is a brotherhood the WHOLE crew usually ends up getting in trouble.

In addition, this issue is game based, no procedure based. Having made yourself look more retarded by saying "I'm sure you can change the timer" made your IQ drop that much more. So, I'd think before you start questioning someone's intelligence. and talking about something you clear don't know jack about.

Good Day.

Guest Officer LEV

Pyrofreak what you are saying is 100% right. I am a Sheriff Deputy now but before I was a deputy, I was a reserve Firefighter/EMT. The fire department is a brotherhood like no other, you never leave anyone behind. The chief will call or stop by the station and rip you a new one. There are also serious legal consequences that can be taken against you and the whole department. The officer/lieutenant will make sure everyone is on board and ready to go. My station coverage was 20 square miles; any help would take 20 + mins to arrive. When your pulling a 2 ½ , doing a 360 around the structure and making forcible entry at the same time, you need all the guys there. At my station we would all meet in the bay by the map, to map the incident location and hear the sort. In the fire academy they teach you from day one to work and stay as a team. Pyrofreak don’t give me a hard time for switching over to the dark side (PD). LOL. The post is going off topic, maybe Hoppah will post some new screen shots so we have something to talk about. :police:

:loldev:

The dark side eh. Well, I'm apart of it as well, my Dads been a Maryland State Trooper for 13 years give or take, and he loves it :police:. Unfortunately, I'm a Pyromaniac, and I've been in trouble a time or too for playing with fire rofl (nothing major). So, to prevent myself from ever "accidentally" burning a building down I figured I'd join the FD. Makes more sense to put them out, then to set them, plus its a lot less hassle. Anyway, I'm a FF in Knoxville TN (long story lol).

On the game though. I do have one question Hoppah, I was reading your manual and I noticed most units were labeled (those that report to station 1, or 2), such as Engines 1, 2, and the ALS ambulances. However, I noticed the ladder, and Tiller weren't labeled, is the tiller going to fit into station 1? Or, do we have to call it from off map; because if that's the case then it probably won't see much action. I'm just curious though.

is the tiller going to fit into station 1?

Yes, more information:

I lied :1046276372_bawling:

There will be a couple of more, but smaller changes/additions to v1.9:

- Firemen will now enter vehicles after using the rapid deployment command to detach the hoses.

- Deck gun can not be used at the same time as the hose connections anymore.

- Fixed/Added 'arrived on scene' radio command.

And:

The tower will still spawn at the start of a new freeplay game, but you can send that one home and park the tiller on its spot instead. Compatible with the 'Call light force' command as well.

Hoppah

I was going to be nice, but you just struck me the wrong way. I wouldn't say others "don't know alot", cause then you leave yourself open to look like a dumbass, WHICH YOU DID.

I wouldn't start quoting another areas response policy when YOU don't know jack. First and foremost you DON'T leave anyone behind, I'm sorry to tell you this but 3 or 4 seconds it takes to get into the rig WON'T kill anyone. And, if YOU are going to die that fast YOUR already dead. In addition to that, the engines may have paramedics on board, but without proper hospital treatment your still not out of the woods.

And to continue, since I'm actually a fire fighter...

There are serious legal/ punishments actions that can be taken against the engineers (the people who drive the rig), and fire fighters. Both parties are responsible for being on the rig, and making sure everyone's on board, and since this is a brotherhood the WHOLE crew usually ends up getting in trouble.

In addition, this issue is game based, no procedure based. Having made yourself look more retarded by saying "I'm sure you can change the timer" made your IQ drop that much more. So, I'd think before you start questioning someone's intelligence. and talking about something you clear don't know jack about.

Good Day.

Great Preformance so to speak.