itchboy

Project Nostalgia Submod [RELEASED - Bugfixes Uploaded Regularly]

I actually found out the answer for this.. A few seconds after he pulls up, he goes to the trunk, opens it up and puts on a Deputy Chief helmet. So it's basically an unmarked car for the Assistant Chief, Deputy Chief, and Fire Chief. 

But for some reason nowadays they paint the Chief cars black like an unmarked cop car. I honestly think the white paint scheme with the city logo looks a lot better. If not the white, atleast paint it white on the roof and red on the bottom like the BC cars with the word Asst, Deputy Chief, or Fire Chief

Halloween is upon us once again. The Yearly Tradition™ continues. It's not LA related but I love doing this every year.

On an LA related update, I've decided I'll scale back the updates for the mod. It is taking way too long to update and remake 60 assets. It's just too much work to remodel, relight and retexture every LTD, CVPI, Caprice, all the ambulances and most of the pickup trucks in the mod.

Instead I'll focus on adding new vehicles and new spec. The point of diminishing returns has come and gone. Whatever improvements I make to existing assets don't really improve the overall presentation anymore.

12 hours ago, AgentSmith6 said:

Itch,

have you given any thought to adding LASD plainclothes deputies to the unmarked Caprice and Malibu? I have distinct memories of seeing deputies with these green windbreakers in the 90s on the news, but I've only been able to find a few photos so far. 

I am interested in doing this but I don't have a purpose for these units. Maybe random spawn chance?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

I think they would be cool as another option, maybe as an additional unit that spawns on patrol along with the marked car. I wonder if you've given any thought to trying to incorporate a removeable beacon on the unmarked Malibu like I've seen on some of the German and Spanish mods, though I'm not sure the complexity is worth it for the few weirdos like me who love those things 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AgentSmith6 said:

I think they would be cool as another option, maybe as an additional unit that spawns on patrol along with the marked car. I wonder if you've given any thought to trying to incorporate a removeable beacon on the unmarked Malibu like I've seen on some of the German and Spanish mods, though I'm not sure the complexity is worth it for the few weirdos like me who love those things 

Uh oh

That beacon is supposed to be removable when you turn the lights off.

If it doesnt de-spawn then you've found a bug.

こんにちは。
このプロジェクトが遅れずに更新され続けていることを嬉しく思います。以前投稿しましたが、皆さんが探しているLASDの画像を投稿します。

LASD.thumb.png.5311ecfcca5fed5c56a2e5ecc02f1416.png

LASD SWAT チームの写真も載せておきます。参考になれば幸いです。

64879237_LASDSWAT.thumb.png.a58b3dce14fafcb16f845b805b238837.png

Edited by KEISHI081
Add image link
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, KEISHI081 said:

こんにちは。
このプロジェクトが遅れずに更新され続けていることを嬉しく思います。以前投稿しましたが、皆さんが探しているLASDの画像を投稿します。

LASD SWAT チームの写真も載せておきます。参考になれば幸いです。

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for the generosity. I couldn't do this without help from people like you.

22 hours ago, Anto Mart said:

I was surffing in Facebook when this pops up:

Acording to Greenlight, is a 1987 Chevrolet C20 LAPD Serarch and Rescue Mounted Platoon and Horse Trailer.

I guess that the Mouned Platoon we aint gona see it, but hope that the truck would help to your investigation

This is real, the pic was posted in the reply below yours. Sadly, police horses are still out of reach for Em4. I'll revisit it in case we can make it work.

As for all other discussions, I'll try to iron out bugs for the next version. However I stand by my decision not to rework the current assets; it's just too much work and gets in the way of fixing the bugs that are already there.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Hoping everyone who celebrates Thanksgiving  is having a good Thanksgiving. 

This recently popped up on the LAFDHS Facebook page and I figured I should share it since this rig hasn't been photographed since the late 90s or early 2000s. One of the two crown tillers has re-emerged completely restored. 

img_1_1700758720203.jpg?ex=6571fc62&is=6

here's the link to the post itself fro anyone interested. 

https://www.facebook.com/story.php/?id=100069150967916&story_fbid=654886276826399

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Just popping in to greet everyone Happy New Year and a belated Merry Christmas.

Unfortunately I don't have any updates as of late. Regardless, thank you all for supporting this submod. I appreciate the research and crowdsourcing of information.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

On 9/25/2023 at 11:01 AM, Squad 65 said:

Only issue with that is, Cal Fire doesn’t usually go to LA County unless shit hits the fan and they are needed. Or that’s what I heard. So it’s mainly USFS and local agencies

In addition, I feel it helps add some authenticity to the game not to have a base for them. In a case of Cal-Fire call out, I'm going to assume we are talking a longer response time then an average LAFD and possibly even LACoFD response as they are going to more rural harder to reach areas.

The mod is looking great even if I personally don't like the aesthetics of a lot of the vehicles from this time period. The Trans Am is looking great though! 

I don't really have anything new at the moment but here's some unfinished civ vehicles that were textured late last year.

I'll try to focus on making playable vehicles again. I think we've got enough NPC cars already.

Spoiler

image.png?ex=65aca402&is=659a2f02&hm=74c
image.png?ex=65aca402&is=659a2f02&hm=35b
695-image-png.png?ex=65aca402&is=659a2f0
image.png?ex=65aca402&is=659a2f02&hm=228
image.png?ex=65aca402&is=659a2f02&hm=7e8
image.png?ex=65aca402&is=659a2f02&hm=142

On another positive note, this image of the LAFD SWR van has surfaced.

IMG_2942.jpg?ex=65ad7a2f&is=659b052f&hm=

• Like 4