itchboy

Project Nostalgia Submod [RELEASED - Bugfixes Uploaded Regularly]

On 1/16/2023 at 10:43 PM, itchboy said:

I don't have anything new currently. In the meantime, I'll be contributing some more to the photo resources.

More apparatus photos have surfaced. Specifically, we have encountered more variations than seen before.

s-l1600.png

This light bar has always intrigued me. A few different apparatus had these. I have two photos of a seagrave and a ward with the same lightbar or similar. 4362079954_488458080a_m.jpg.99b34c958c06b766064c9c1815ce8f92.jpgimg_1_1673997255543.thumb.jpg.7e265f3a2578bdceeebf9279b0522ae0.jpg

Also found this photo of a seagrave tiller with what looks to be Q. Might've been a refit of some sort but I'm not sure.Picture777-vi.jpg.1e307252e6037ef90193e306e2351203.jpg

• Upvote 1

Looking good, I don't know if you need any photos of any OPG tow trucks. I managed to find one rollback that would fit for the 90s, but the photo is significantly blurred, and the truck has no amber lighting. Also, I found a larger rig for towing semis and other larger vehicles from a towing company called Continental, which also had a few of their trucks in movies.

7thstreetgarage.jpg

65e393e1-f75e-4ea4-a281-d3b1.jpg

010c4359-8312-43fb-b1f2-1960.jpg

• Upvote 2

LA county had some interesting apparatus. Especially the late 70s early 80s crowns which had a wider cab than previous models, one of which was pulled from the county fire museum in 2007 to be a reserve rig for a few days during the fire season.

(Edit:) Link to the post about the crown in 2007. It's pretty interesting that something considered to be a 'museum piece' was put into service to cover for modern apparatus.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php/?story_fbid=10157330604790450&id=373750900449

I have another info. source for LA county if anyone needs it. This one is mainly focused on crown but it has some other rigs aswell.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180317170507/http://www.crownisking.org/fdlaco.html

• Like 3

19 hours ago, coastiestevie said:

I noticed there are some vehicle models missing; getting a couple of those grid shaped vehicles. Will there be any updates released any time soon?

The grid vehicles are the NPC cars.

I am working towards replacing all the NPC cars with 70s-90s American cars.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

On 2/2/2023 at 7:39 PM, itchboy said:

The grid vehicles are the NPC cars.

I am working towards replacing all the NPC cars with 70s-90s American cars.

Oh alrighty, that makes sense! Great work so far! Regarding light bar radiation, is there a way to turn it down? I feel they are way too bright and it ruins the look of the lights when its on? Just curious! Rotators were usually weak in brightness during the day. Something also worth mentioning; for some reason I can't load back up the motorboat once released from the trailer.

• Upvote 1

I've been looking at the old private ems companies again, and I came across Crippen. It's been a long search, but I've found a decent amount of references for the company. The paint scheme reminds me of the CARE unit that is already present in the mod, which makes me think this was a design option from the company. (Which seems to be leader.)385e8c16ae005d8858ba2a18647ed2c7.0.thumb.jpg.29dd23626f1c91bf297502d607b56f0d.jpg4cbebc30fe7f7b8c8ab313a64ba0befd.0.thumb.jpg.aed39b66d1edfc46d232d23e90e72668.jpg

c87e6d61e1beef696406c69b88ffc5fd.0.thumb.jpg.73db82c16ae5c686378d714f37467806.jpg

From the information I've gathered and provided by someone who worked there, they were bought by Medtrans in 1992.

There are no rear photos but he did tell me that the back is just plain white and that the Crippen logo was centered on the doors while the windows at the back had the star of life on them. The unit number on the back was on the right-hand column, just above the right-hand tail lights.

On the topic of private ems, I did find something that I have to ask about before it can be labeled a bug. Is paramedics being able to be loaded into the hazmat with a stretcher and oversight, or is that something that is intended? 

(Edit) quick addition of a large ford ambulance from goodhew. I've found a photo of a similar ambulance from CARE but I've had no luck finding other photos.

img_1_1675351559887.thumb.jpg.5958ce63ffd809c162e32d292053a081.jpg

WASHING THE RIG!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, coastiestevie said:

Anyone else having issues clearing the HAZMAT call? I've tried completing all tasks, calling the fire chief to see if they can "take control of scene" and removing the contaminated objects, but it still won't clear...

Did you decontaminate everyone at the scene (including the civilians that like to walk right into the scene for some reason)? Also check the ambulances transporting the victims too cause the AI loves to make your units stop following orders in front of the hospital entrance.

10 hours ago, LT_Shadow said:

Did you decontaminate everyone at the scene (including the civilians that like to walk right into the scene for some reason)? Also check the ambulances transporting the victims too cause the AI loves to make your units stop following orders in front of the hospital entrance.

Yes sir I did all of that, still couldn't clear it

Incredible work as always with those civil cars. It makes me realize how sadly rare it is to see old American sedans in my neck of the woods nowadays. The Nissan Sentra could also be used someday in a Mexican mod, since they until recently were still produced in Mexico and commonly used as patrol cars.

Not sure if you've seen this before, but another unusual CHP cruiser from the 1980s, - an AMC Eagle. The page has some decent all-around shots as well as a description of the light package on the slicktop when in service. 

https://code3garage.com/california-highway-patrol-amc-eagle/

• Like 2