Stan

Emergency 5 and Emergency 2013 announced!

Will you buy Emergency 2013 to short your waiting time?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy Emergency 2013 to short your waiting time?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

Dear community,

We are proud to announce Emergency 2013 and Emergency 5 to you. See the text bellow:

Sixteen Tons Entertainment and Deep Silver are, at this time, working on two hot titles for fans of rescue strategy games.

Please take a moment to read the full article

The popular game range of Emergency will be extended with two new titles: Emergency 2013 and Emergency 5.

Emergency 5, the long desired sequel of the classic Emergency 4 is now officially in development. “Modding will be a central element again in Emergency 5, because I know how much our fans like to make their own units and missions”, so Ralph Stock, inventor of the game and Director of the development studios of Sixteen Tons Entertainment. A release date for Emegrency 5 has yet to be announced.

To short down the waiting time for the fans Emergency 2013 will be released in November, to be exact the date will be November, 2nd 2012. Emergency 2013 will provide a campaign with four new missions, a new freeplay map and new missions to the owners of Emergency 2012. Think about eruptions, toxic gases, angry citizens and forest fires.

Emergency 2013 will appear as a pack for download through digital distribution platforms (Expansion pack, original game will be required). And as an retail version including Emergency 2012 Deluxe.

Click here to view the article

Modding = Money. EM4 sold a ton of copies because you could mod it and make it your own. EM2012 sold, but I doubt it sold as many copies as EM4 did. So obviously they didn't want to go bankrupt, which meant bring back the ability to mod. I know I bought EM4 because of the LA mod, and if any good mods came out for EM5 I'd buy it too.

I've got a proposition that could benefit everyone in the long run. We need a Modding "A team". The greatest American modders collaborate on the first and best EM5 mod. Imagine the quality we could produce. If the EM5 engine is similar to EM4 (editor wise like em3 and em4) Hoppah's incredible scripting and mission scripting abilities, Dyson's map and texture creating and editing skills, my 3D modeling and UV mapping skills, CFDs incredible lights, NFK's map editing skills, and all of our knowledge of the EM4 engine. Imagine the possiblities we could do as a team. Hopefully all of you guys consider it.

This is very interesting to hear. Better hope it comes with an Editor and improved light editing compatibilities. Goog1967 and I will be around longer if it does.

@ Hoppah - Nice to see you around. I hope you've occasionally checked out the RCMP thread, it would be an honor if you play/beta test it when it comes out.

I do know they had a guy here when 2012 came out, though I think he was just here for promotional purposes. I'm sure they do have a couple lurkers looking to see what they can include taht people want that requires the least amount of work, since work = time = money!

I'm sure that when this comes out, if it does well enough in the areas needed, several of the senior members here, the modders in retirement may come back, simply because it's a new challenge. You could really only go so far with Em4 before it was same stuff, different car. Maybe Em5 will change that, who knows

Main things I'm looking for is better shaders (graphics) a more flexible and less restrictive engine, not having to wait 10 minutes for a mod to load up, and a higher limit of players for multiplayer

The things you listed were mostly constraints with computers of the time, I would imagine much of it will be differently set up and better adapted to the standard computer nowadays

Maybe they will add some needed changes like a limited water supply. That would be great.

That's a double edged sword, personally I would like to see it because it would make the game more interesting. Perhaps a happy medium needs to be reached, with a toggle switch in the options for that feature

Not sure if the future of the Emergency series should be "game" or "simulation".

Many "normal" people wouldn't find the game interesting, and maybe neither we will, due to the lack of realism... I wonder which will be the targeted audience for the next episode of the series.

EDIT: I mean the original game, without mods that make it a lot more funny and realistic

Not sure if the future of the Emergency series should be "game" or "simulation".

The way E4 is works quite well, but some more depth would be appreciated.

That's a double edged sword, personally I would like to see it because it would make the game more interesting. Perhaps a happy medium needs to be reached, with a toggle switch in the options for that feature

Maybe have two options: the need to connect an engine to a hydrant for an endless supply of water, or using a dedicated water truck for when hydrants aren't nearby. If they can make it work right it'd be a nice additional layer.

The water supply concept Hereweard Fyning proposes would certainly be good for realism especially in rural mods like the Wyoming county submod (cancelled?). Also some "duck ponds" would be a great idea but would probably need to be added at the mod level.