Stan

Emergency 5 and Emergency 2013 announced!

Will you buy Emergency 2013 to short your waiting time?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy Emergency 2013 to short your waiting time?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

Honestly, the only thing I am interested in seeing in this game that they haven't confirmed or denied, or even spoken about yet, is the types of emergencies. I want small ones you can respond realistically to. Preferably ones I can use a cop to reroute traffic, not send them in the opposite direction. Hell, while we're at it, let's just use a waypoint setting for vehicles too. Don't you hate it when the "shortest route" is also the dumbest?

Honestly, the only thing I am interested in seeing in this game that they haven't confirmed or denied, or even spoken about yet, is the types of emergencies. I want small ones you can respond realistically to. Preferably ones I can use a cop to reroute traffic, not send them in the opposite direction. Hell, while we're at it, let's just use a waypoint setting for vehicles too. Don't you hate it when the "shortest route" is also the dumbest?

Yeah, I know. I think EMS Berlin had a redirection system that allow cars to follow a group of way points around the accident, instead of redirecting them in the opposite direction. I also think realistic water supplies would be nice, since fire engines don't carry unlimited supplies of water anyway.

I really don't care about hte "original" game missions, I'd just like something different for the freeplay, like, I don't know,different medical emergencies, something as technical relief (people to rescue under debris/cars) and possibly a world wich changes if you have fires or explosions or simply traffic

I'd like to have "fog of war".

Fog of war is what you find in war strategy games and it means that you can't see what's going on if you haven't got any of your own units there.

The callouts could also be more interesting with fog of war. Let's say that there is a 911 call that says that there's a garbage container on fire but when you arrive at scene you see that there actually is a whole house on fire. Or a call that someone can smell smoke and when you arrive you have to search for the smoke and you finally find a tree on fire. There could also pop in more information when you're on your way (simulating a second person that called). The patrolling police cars could also spot something weird and report to you who may decide to intercept or not. Oh and just think about the robberies and the pick pocketing when you can't see what's happend. You can't send someone after the guy if you can't see him so you'll have to race to the scene of crime and then your police vehicles could automatically spot and alert you of someone if they see someone that looks like the guy that committed the crime (he could or could not be the actual criminal).

I would also like to have delayed dispatch that means that the vehicles have a delay before appearing. This would add much realism.

Fog of war is what you find in war strategy games and it means that you can't see what's going on if you haven't got any of your own units there.

The callouts could also be more interesting with fog of war. Let's say that there is a 911 call that says that there's a garbage container on fire but when you arrive at scene you see that there actually is a whole house on fire. Or a call that someone can smell smoke and when you arrive you have to search for the smoke and you finally find a tree on fire. There could also pop in more information when you're on your way (simulating a second person that called). The patrolling police cars could also spot something weird and report to you who may decide to intercept or not. Oh and just think about the robberies and the pick pocketing when you can't see what's happend. You can't send someone after the guy if you can't see him so you'll have to race to the scene of crime and then your police vehicles could automatically spot and alert you of someone if they see someone that looks like the guy that committed the crime (he could or could not be the actual criminal).

I would also like to have delayed dispatch that means that the vehicles have a delay before appearing. This would add much realism.

The idea of "Fog of war" would not always work depending on the amount of realism EM5 has it could work for example if a Fire alarm went off but if someone reports the fire

then all the details will be there.It's kind of hard for me to explain it but hopefully you'll understand what I mean

this would be awesome, and... it's also quite simple to realize, even for medical calls, (awake patient on phone, unconscious when you find him for example, or trapped)

' timestampI hope EM5 will be the big change, in the way of better modding/scripting/animations etc.

Let's hope some mod makers find the spirit to make it come true :)

I just don't get it, why they release 2013 (expension pack) first and then em5.

Anyway the first screens don't look to good.

Well, EM2012 is either way ahead of Emergency 5s Completion Level, so they might have chosen to just release it abit earlier than EM5. Plus EM5 is going to be big game, judging by EM3 and EM4s Missions and Freeplays.

Winterberg Mod tried this before. It was interesting, but was almost impossible to do...which is why they got rid of it. It was kinda hard to play with, but I guess if the EM5 team had a better way of scripting it, I think it would be cool to have a fog of war. It would be awesome on fire calls like you said. I've always wanted to see something like it.

I hope they make it compatible with Windows Vista, I dont feel like downgrading to XP just to play a game. All the Emergency Games (Except for EM2012) are only compatible with XP so far, I dont know why tho as not much people use XP.

I run EM4 (911:FR specifically) on a Win7 machine. I can't think of any real reason it wouldn't run on Vista.