Stan

Emergency 5 and Emergency 2013 announced!

Will you buy Emergency 2013 to short your waiting time?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy Emergency 2013 to short your waiting time?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

Its a shame Hoppah retired from modding but their are still some very good modders out their and if EM5 is moddable I am sure they will create some great mods for it.

The interview video in the Off Topic area states that it will be moddable but old mods won't be compatible, which means all the mods need to be remade sadly :(

The interview video in the Off Topic area states that it will be moddable but old mods won't be compatible, which means all the mods need to be remade sadly :(

Yeah you could do what Newfoundking said or you could still play emergency 4 and the mods for that. Even if I get EM5 I will still play em4 because all of my favorite mods are on there. :D

am i the only one that think it would be cool to play on different maps, that have different mission styles?

for example;

you'd have your standard city, that houses standard missions (House fire, Robbers, Food poisoning, etc.)

another map type you could have, is something like an airport, where you can use Crashtenders, and heavy cranes, that house RARE mission types, but are harder to deal with;

for example, the missions could include dealing with a crashed aircraft

it's a big fire, with lots of debris to move, and lots of injuries/corpses to take care of

but also, you have to take care of the problem fast, otherwise, other planes will stay in the skies, and you'll loose points

or you'll have to deal with the hi-jacking of planes by terrorists, where you have to neutralize/ arrest said terrorists without hurting the plane or it's passengers/crew if you can help it

along with some other minor missions, like stolen luggage, disruptions by people, heart attacks caused by anxiety, and things like that

I figured that the mods wouldn't be usable. It's hard to put in EM3 mod into EM4, so it'll be the same thing. Maybe there will be some new modding stuff, too, like scripts or something...who knows...?

A bigger map would be cool. I feel like I can almost predict the events sometimes in freeplay and it takes my units like 30 seconds to get across the map. Maybe now we will have more realistic response times!

New units...do they mean like entirely new units with new functions...?

I figured that the mods wouldn't be usable. It's hard to put in EM3 mod into EM4, so it'll be the same thing. Maybe there will be some new modding stuff, too, like scripts or something...who knows...?

A bigger map would be cool. I feel like I can almost predict the events sometimes in freeplay and it takes my units like 30 seconds to get across the map. Maybe now we will have more realistic response times!

New units...do they mean like entirely new units with new functions...?

Probably both. They said new units but they also said that, although they do not partake actively in Emergency 4 forums, they have seen the mods and they have seen ideas that they never even thought about. So I would think it is safe to say that some ideas that were made in mods ( limited water, patrolling all those other new commands) might be incorporated or have at least given them ideas for Emergency 5.

Personally I would like to see a more wider variety of incidents with multiple outcomes like a gas leak in a building, a drugs raid on a house etc. Another thing is the ability to actually rescue people inside a house fire and timed breathing apparatus for firefighters, this would greatly enhance the realism of gameplay. A bigger map also sounds good, looking forward to what they put out though!

What is so great about steam? I find it really annoying when I buy a hard copy of a game and I have to go on steam and register it just to play single person games.

I do not buy hard copies and I perfer to buy my games from one vendor. Steam makes it easy to install hte games on new pc.