Stan

Emergency 5 and Emergency 2013 announced!

Will you buy Emergency 2013 to short your waiting time?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy Emergency 2013 to short your waiting time?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

I mean for mods like the RCMP mod isn't finnished and the manhathan mod just got released so these mods won't be playable

My guess is we have about a year at the very least before EM5 coems out so as some one else said, no point in killing off mods yet.

I hope that no one will make a torrent, because we need to support the game instead of downloading it! So that they can make even more Emergency series games! ^^

Please quit being ignorant. 1. Do your research. Long story short, pirateing games does not hurt the bottom line if the game is done right. 2. I will with out a doubt torrent the game first. Sorry to DS and 16Tons if they're reading this, but I need to test the game before I buy, more so after the let down EM2012 was. Oh and just because a torrent is created, doesn;t mean anything if a crack is not included so a torrent alone does no good.

Main things I'm looking for is better shaders (graphics) a more flexible and less restrictive engine, not having to wait 10 minutes for a mod to load up, and a higher limit of players for multiplayer

Look at when EM2012 was devloped. Dual core cpus were just breaking, or about to break in to the market, so the games was only written for a single core cpu. On my old rig, Core i7 920, load times for even my heavily modded LA Mod was no more then a few minuetes(1 to 2 min). While EM4 couldn;t trully take advtange of my 4 cores and 2 thread per core, a single core was enough to get great load times.

It's people like you that made hoppah leave -.-

Pot meet kettle. Cosnidering you are on my block list, I will simply repeat, pot meet kettle.

I have a torrent for 911:FR, but I also bought the game twice. I just got tired of the serial code issue when reinstalling it on new PC's.

I hear ya. I tend to use NoCD cracks even for games I have legit purchased for the simple fact that I don't want to find the disc and put it in my rig every time I want to play a game. The one exception is SimCity4 because there is no NoCD crack for the "night light patch" to have building lights turn on at night. In this case though, the copy protection is so old that I can mount a ISO rip of the disk in daemon tools and play. Not as convenient as a NoCD crack but it is easier then getting the disk and putting it in every time...but this is a bit off track and probably bordering warez talk so I will shut up about cracks and such.

In regards to the torrent talk, I will not pick a side, as I am not supposed to in my role, but I do recommend it stops here, because I really don't want to have to act, but of course, I'm bound to if it does get all warez-y. So let's just pretend no one has ever pirated/downloaded anything ever, and focus on the topic's topic.

I know this is too premature to say, but from judging the photos the light coronas look like they are recycled over from Em4. but then again I'm sure the game is still in early development stage and the coronas are used as props for display purposes...

A few things I would like to see in EM5 are support for larger maps, an improved AI (specifically for traffic) and a better and more open-source physics engine. Being able to do things like stretch caution tape from one object to another would be great.

I agree stretching tape would be very good,I'd also like to see a more useful/powerful editor

I'd like to see a return to a generic European city, instead of specific places. Also I'd prefer all types of emergencies, instead of just natural disasters like in EM2012. A bigger freeplay map would be cool too, maybe incorporating a city, countryside and coastline with Motorways/Highways connecting them.