Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod v2.1

I just downloaded LA MOD version 2.1 off of Losangelesmod.com. Been working great and wanted to say thank you to HOPPAH for doing all the work to make this for all of us.

I have one question though, when I try to spawn a LAPD motorcycle, I have no personnel available to put with the motorcycle. Is there an easy fix for this? Thank you for any responses.

Call it "Los Angeles", but there isn't the metropolitan area of Downtown in the map. It looks more like Compton, south Los Angeles, not the whole city, including also Santa Monica Beach and Hollywood. If you take a look at Manhattan Mod, you'll notice the map is bigger. So I think you should think about for an update to the map. If you appreciate my idea, I'll be very happy. In the meantime, keep having fun with the mod!

Call it "Los Angeles", but there isn't the metropolitan area of Downtown in the map. It looks more like Compton, south Los Angeles, not the whole city, including also Santa Monica Beach and Hollywood. If you take a look at Manhattan Mod, you'll notice the map is bigger. So I think you should think about for an update to the map. If you appreciate my idea, I'll be very happy. In the meantime, keep having fun with the mod!

I don't come on the forums, but when I do, its when people don't pay much attention to detail.

Some of the busiest, gnarliest areas of LA is the South Los Angeles area. It is split into multiple smaller cities that are part of the county.

LA City areas : Watts, Manchester, Broadway, Florence, South Park, Central, Alameda, Historic South Central, Jefferson, University and Exposition Park, West Adams, Baldwin Hills/Crenshaw

County : Unincorperated Los Angeles : parts of Willowbrook, parts of the Broadway/Manchester area, Small section of Watts along the border, Hyde Park, View Park/Windsor Hills

In this area though not huge, has a large variety of population. From the poor run down ghetto areas of willowbrook, watts and so forth all the way to view park which is quite nice and hyde park, which is an older community.

It can't be Compton because Compton Fire Department exists and it is a non City covered region. Their mutual aid comes from LA County fire with their 911 ambulance coming from McCormick which runs with LA Co fire in the surrounding districts. (Lynwood, Willowbrook and Carson as well as multiple other cities).

Also, the LA river is on the west side of the map, ruling out South Los Angeles. East Los Angeles area is your next closest, but that is an LA County area. Making this map actually a more diverse fictional area of this, meaning that all of your guesses as to how it looks are wrong.

Randys donuts is actually located in an LA County area on the west side of the 405 freeway. Though there are plenty of tall donuts in the ghetto, this ones iconic. http://www.allensearch.com/storage/donut.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1305050812392

Continuing on your uneducated guess, The map for LA mod is the maximum size the game allows. the LA river takes up a large part of it as well as the walmart/ralphs parking lot. The Manhattan mod just has more structures throughout it.

Santa Monica is part of the county, City of Santa Monica, which utilizes Santa Monica Fire Department (SMFD) is not an LA City area.

Hollywood is split. The major area including all the clubs, walk of fame and theaters is LA County fire's area with McCormick as the transporting agency. (LA Co. St. 7 and St. 8) as well as universal studios is an LACo area.

Also, there's no dockyard for transport ships outside of San Pedro/The Port of Los Angeles. Concluding Hoppah made what made him happy with his project, as realism is brought to large amounts of scrutiny.

As I've followed LA Mod through all it's releases, it is a fantastic mod and should be enjoyed for what it is. Learn to mod and make what you want to make, but you have a lot to learn if you think that this game has no limits.

The map was intended to be a fictional representation of the LA/LA county region, mainly Los angeles and the surrounding area, some things are totally fictional but alot was inspired from real things that are pictured frequently/present in movies in the LA area.  With the game's constraints on the map size we have to either do a very small area (think about 8 blocks X 8 blocks if we did it realistic) so instead we tried to give a taste of some of the variety LA and it's surrounding county is known for.

The map was intended to be a fictional representation of the LA/LA county region, mainly Los angeles and the surrounding area, some things are totally fictional but alot was inspired from real things that are pictured frequently/present in movies in the LA area.  With the game's constraints on the map size we have to either do a very small area (think about 8 blocks X 8 blocks if we did it realistic) so instead we tried to give a taste of some of the variety LA and it's surrounding county is known for.

Indeed. However, the only thing the map lacks is more buildings that better represent LA or at least the US. The map still contains many of the original EM4 buildings which are -unfortunately- more Europian looking. When I build the map back then (been a while now) I just didn't have that much time to build structures myself, so there's only a couple of new buildings, such as those apartments, the carwash, stripmall and pawn shop.

I've been to LA myself last year (f*ck yeah, finally, long flight though) and I'm fully aware the map can depict real LA much better, even if the map layout remains totally fictional (kinda like GTA V). However, I had to make decisions back then, so I could at least release a map within a fair amount of time that would look more American than the original freeplay maps. I think I made the right choice back then.

I have looked around and I found the topic, 

How to edit your freeplay files...

The problem I am having is the events still are happening in between my events.  

<freeplayparameters>
<MinDurationBetweenEvents value = "130.0" />
<MaxIdleDuration value = "60.0" />
<Seed value="0"/>
<BuyFactor value="10.0"/>
<SellFactor value="0.5"/>
<GlobalEventFrequencyFactor value="1.0"/>
<TimeSpeedFactor value="1.0"/>
<StartBudget value="1500000"/>
<MaxBudget value="500000"/>
<Earnings value="35000"/>
<SquadPriceGrowth value="30.0"/>
<MaxParkingSpace value="150" />
<InitialEventFrequencyBoost value="100000.0"/>
<InitialEventWaitDuration value="60.0"/>
<starttime value="11:30"/>

Maybe someone can help me.  I enjoy micro managing my dudes without several other things happening at once.  I understand that others may like it that way.  I have been playing this game and mod for some time and recently got back into it.

If someone could be so kind to help me have a nice minute or two buffer at the beginning of the game and solo events that then leave buffers after the events it would be great.

Indeed. However, the only thing the map lacks is more buildings that better represent LA or at least the US. The map still contains many of the original EM4 buildings which are -unfortunately- more Europian looking. When I build the map back then (been a while now) I just didn't have that much time to build structures myself, so there's only a couple of new buildings, such as those apartments, the carwash, stripmall and pawn shop.

I've been to LA myself last year (f*ck yeah, finally, long flight though) and I'm fully aware the map can depict real LA much better, even if the map layout remains totally fictional (kinda like GTA V). However, I had to make decisions back then, so I could at least release a map within a fair amount of time that would look more American than the original freeplay maps. I think I made the right choice back then.

I am hoping someone can answer this for me, Im looking to add snow to the LA map, is the texture for it released? and is there someone else who has added snow to the map and would like to release it to me or knows where I can track one down?

Can anyone help me figure out why I can't download the new car pack for the LAmod2.1, like I download it but I comes out as a paper file and when I click on it. It says I have to switch the opening window file or look on the Internet for more information. When I click on the internet thing. Sends me to the windows website. Please help

I made something for my LA mod,this is my first time re-skin something!

So cool!

Did you make that yourself?

I am hoping someone can answer this for me, Im looking to add snow to the LA map, is the texture for it released? and is there someone else who has added snow to the map and would like to release it to me or knows where I can track one down?

I don't think anyone has made a snow mod or texture yet. Are you planning to create it?