Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod v2.1

Official Los Angeles Mod topic for Emergency 4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have released a new version of the Los Angeles Mod. It does not contain many new features, but I have decided to release a new version which contains the latest update (update v2.0.2) to make it easier for new players to install the mod. Besides the integration of this update it also contains the following changes:

- Added command to repair vehicles at the fire stations

- 'Call Police Helicopter' will now spawn correct helicopter when one is bought

- Updated LAX Ambulance texture (by Eggcarton)

- Updated LAX Crashtender texture (by Xplorer4x4)

- Added tool (batch file) to switch between new and original freeplay map (see below for more information)

- Manual updated

The map switcher tool

Los Angeles Mod v2.1 comes with a new tool called the map switcher. It's a batch (.bat) file named MAP SWITCHER.bat and can be found in the Los Angeles Mod v2.1 mod folder. Since EM4/911:FR does not have options to choose between different freeplay maps ingame, this little tool is useful to easily switch between the new and original freeplay maps. All it does is replacing files in the Maps folder of the mod. Just run the batch file and make your choice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Useful links

DOWNLOAD Los Angeles Mod v2.1

LA MOD FAQ

www.losangelesmod.com.

LA Mod Bug Report Topic

Copyright

Can I make the BAT file into a cool GUI program? I can do that very quickly (I just need permission to use the LA Mod Logo).

Thanks in advance :)

Sure. :)

my map switcher wont work it says press 1 and i press it and when i play i click on mods and la mod v2.1 and it takes me to the same mod. can anyone help me?

Load the freeplay map. It should show the new freeplay map.

when i downloaded this mod and try loading it in game it says the file is corrupted and other stuff i have tried everything but i still cant get it to work do i need to download a patch or something?

Same happened to me I just downloaded fresh copy and it worked

Map switcher didn't work for me. I changed the map files manually. To be honest, the map switcher does the job quicker, but it works out the same as changing it manually. But since the both map switchers didn't work, i'll stick to changing files manually. It could just be me, but the comment is just my opinion.

Cheers,

Dutycalls

Start em4 click on modifications in main menu and select la mod it might freeze for sometime please be patient and wait then after sometime you will be brought to main menu automatically then select mission or freeplay and you should have la mod units

NOTE:you have to do it everytime you start la mod

EDIT:I have a feeling this question belongs

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/topic/9437-los-angeles-mod-bugs-issues-and-problems/

And your question is already answered in faq

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/topic/5079-em3-em4-mods-faq-work-in-progress/