goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

Anita, I'm sure they appreciate your offers, but I'm going to make a simple suggestion to you. Stop pestering them with your offer. They have already said no multiple times, and all you're starting to do now is annoy people. They have a moderator working on the project with them now, annoying mods is never a smart idea. Boss Cat does have the ability to warn, ban, suspend etc. Just a little friendly advice.

On the other topics at hand, I've still seen those little red lights as a dash light in unmarked cruisers in Toronto. Not sure why they'd use that as flashing red to me means pull over, but nobody has ever said Toronto follows what the rest of the world does, we are our own little island in the sea that is Ontario, hated and scorned by all.

Anita,

First of all, I commend you on actually putting the effort in trying to offer good services on your will. I appreciate the time and effort you expended on the proposal. Simply although while I believe firmly in the mission of my modification and appreciate the opportunity you offer, I have had another offer which I believe more closely matches my current modification goals and interests. I must decline your offer.

I do appreciate all the courtesy extended to me by you, and I wish you well in your endeavors. I trust that you will truly enjoy this game when it comes out.

1. What is wrong with teenagers? They can have good ideas, and some of them are more smart than some adults. 2. I actualy want it straight to the point, Just say no or say yes. It is clear and I am done here. I am no more 'Crying' to do it...

Antia

1. What is wrong with teenagers? They can have good ideas, and some of them are more smart than some adults. 2. I actualy want it straight to the point, Just say no or say yes. It is clear and I am done here. I am no more 'Crying' to do it...

Antia

Guys, stop, you're both being ridiculous. Antia, you're finished okay? He doesn't want your services so just stop posting and getting into arguments for nothing. Obviously he said ONE of those teenagers, not A teenager (saying all of them are stupid). If you have nothing productive to say, don't say it, both of you, anyone, it's annoying. Just post positive things about the mod, or some criticism (I'm sure it's welcome and appreciated within reason).

Awesome job on the Fire trucks. Is there a full list of everything that is planned to be released?

Like:

POLICE:

Burnaby RCMP Slicktop *MARKED* (Ford Crown Victoria)

Surrey RCMP General Duty *MARKED* (Ford Crown Victoria)

BCAS:

Chevrolet Demers

Fire/Rescue:

VFRS Engine 8

Burnaby FD Engine 5

ETC, ETC... Obviously there is WAY more units than what I posted, but maybe a list should be made on the first page to demonstrate the sheer amount of stuff into this mod!

Is there a full list of everything that is planned to be released?

This is a general responce to all,at this point,work is ongoing but updates will be fewer and will handled by Newfoundking at his discretion.The logic behind this is that if we show you everything as we go along,then what is there to get excited about?

We will keep you guys informed with updates occasionally and you can still discuss everything here but moving forward,this will be the new plan.

Thanks as always for your support.

I agree with tactical, I'm keeping off of my topic when new stuff comes into play. It's like a movie, you watch the trailer and see the finish project. Not watch it one scene at a time when that scene is finished.

That said, I wish I didn't make a topic while W.I.P. but sadly, nobody helps when you don't have one.

Okay, I'm back for a brief run-down of some questions, specifically ones where I was used as an answer.

To clarify, we're only looking for two types of people that want to help out with this mod. Those who can create 3-dimensional models of structures such as buildings, but also giant monuments to myself, and those who can code complex scripts, such as those required for commands, missions, and of course, the worshipping of the aforementioned monument. We do not have a need for a web desginer now, nor will we for some time. We're still a work in progress and unless you would like to make an internet-based copy of said monument, we won't be requiring your services.

As for updates, they'll be issued when we have something worth issuing. I could do two alternative options, which is show you every little thing we finish, and deal with all the complaints about how we don't have a quicker release of the mod, or I could even go as far as telling everyone every idea we have. Neither will do any good, and although you may think it's great, something that works in theory doesn't always apply in the real world (see marxism). That meaning, if we for example decided to add in a new type of event on freeplay, but when we put it in, it wouldn't work, well now we've gotta go back after announcing this great new thing, and say it doesn't work, letting you folks down.

Now you understand my logic behind the releasing of info. Oh, while I'm here, I'll let you know what we're doing now, behind the scenes. We're trying to finish up the first phase to this mod, and get on to getting it working. Does that mean a near release date? Hell no. It just means we are making progress

Okay, I'm back for a brief run-down of some questions, specifically ones where I was used as an answer.

To clarify, we're only looking for two types of people that want to help out with this mod. Those who can create 3-dimensional models of structures such as buildings, but also giant monuments to myself, and those who can code complex scripts, such as those required for commands, missions, and of course, the worshipping of the aforementioned monument. We do not have a need for a web desginer now, nor will we for some time. We're still a work in progress and unless you would like to make an internet-based copy of said monument, we won't be requiring your services.

As for updates, they'll be issued when we have something worth issuing. I could do two alternative options, which is show you every little thing we finish, and deal with all the complaints about how we don't have a quicker release of the mod, or I could even go as far as telling everyone every idea we have. Neither will do any good, and although you may think it's great, something that works in theory doesn't always apply in the real world (see marxism). That meaning, if we for example decided to add in a new type of event on freeplay, but when we put it in, it wouldn't work, well now we've gotta go back after announcing this great new thing, and say it doesn't work, letting you folks down.

Now you understand my logic behind the releasing of info. Oh, while I'm here, I'll let you know what we're doing now, behind the scenes. We're trying to finish up the first phase to this mod, and get on to getting it working. Does that mean a near release date? Hell no. It just means we are making progress

On this forum, I doubt you will find anyone able to code what you want minus myself and a few others who probably only show up once in a blue moon. I had to learn coding myself after going to the ends of the Internet to find someone. It's a lot of teeth grinding work but it pays off in the end, knowing that when you have an awesome idea, you can script it. If all else fails, id reccomend heading over to emergency-forum.de and look for coders there. They are the best of the best, but.... They aren't too friendly and don't try to associate with English speakers. So we have up on that idea as well. As for 3D building modeling, with 6 years of 3D modeling, buildings? It really doesn't get easier then making buildings. Especially the 1-4 floors you're looking for. Basics like start with a cube, knife out windows and doors, extrude em and voila! I from what ive seen, this mod has potential (lol y'all took over the spotlight on here). With all I've learned from modding, it's so much more efficient, with having one or two people who are able to master all modding skills (moddeling, texturing, uv mapping, editor mapping, GUI, map texturing, lighting, prototype set up and edit, coding, and audio engineering) it's really a treat for us when it's that easy. But Most likely with the big group you have, things will take a lot longer, be more complicated, and most likely most of the team will be clueless as to what is in the mod and what isn't. When its all coming together in the end, that's when it is the most difficult. Best of luck and prove me wrong ;p.

Rafael Fernandez "Manhattan Mod Team"

With the team we have, we can achieve what we want, however when I joined up, I asked what jobs are we looking for most specifically, because I knew this would be the first question I was asked. They said the most useful would be a modeller and a coder. Can we function without them? Yes, however if someone can prove they know what they're at, then we'll be all the more pleased to have them.

Right now, we don't have as large a team as you'd expect. Most teams that are large fail to achieve pleasing results because they're not accurately managed, and I understand the limitations, however my goal is to try and get rid of them. I don't just act as the liaison to you guys, but also to keep the team updated internally. I can assure you that I will do my best to ensure that this mod reaches its potential.

With the team we have, we can achieve what we want, however when I joined up, I asked what jobs are we looking for most specifically, because I knew this would be the first question I was asked. They said the most useful would be a modeller and a coder. Can we function without them? Yes, however if someone can prove they know what they're at, then we'll be all the more pleased to have them.

Right now, we don't have as large a team as you'd expect. Most teams that are large fail to achieve pleasing results because they're not accurately managed, and I understand the limitations, however my goal is to try and get rid of them. I don't just act as the liaison to you guys, but also to keep the team updated internally. I can assure you that I will do my best to ensure that this mod reaches its potential.

tumblr_masczmLdcM1qf250s.gif

Look what I found today...I guess we now know that the Ford Explorer and Taurus will be the RCMP's choice to replace the aging cvpi's.Maybe later we'll include a Taurus and Explorer as an add on,but for now both are not used in Surrey and surrounding areas so we'll go with what we got.

2TsYJ.jpg

laYlf.jpg

I you need a tarus, ghost has made one. You could ask him.

his is an impala made to resemble one,I got a 2011 Taurus model but it will be as an add on if I decide to do it at a later date.

EDIT-VPD is going with the Taurus but I haven't seen any on the roads yet.